Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   Paper Bloggers Unite (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/paper-bloggers-unite-534319/)

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 10:36 AM

Happy Monday, everyone!

I'll try to keep my blog current over the next couple weeks. I have a submissions deadline (thankfully extended) and 2 crib quilts to make before I leave for Nashville on Thursday. My daughter's baby shower is Saturday then I'm bringing the 'big sister' back with me for a week-long visit.

I'll try to get to blogs this week. Just bear with me through September 12th when Miss A goes back home :-) and my time is my own again.

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechick (Post 18674121)
Welcome Martha!

And I see lots of numbers there and it looks like it might involve algebra......Kelly, once we hit 15, you can have this project. :)

Gee thanks! LOL I just don't think it's fair for one person to do it all. If we all pitch in, we stand a better chance of this going for the long term. JMO :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too

creatingisfun 08-29-2011 10:55 AM

this is my blog :)
Creating is Fun

creatingisfun 08-29-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 18652193)
Sounds interesting Michelle! Can't wait to see what you're working on.

I ended up having to buy a new camera. My old one quit working over the weekend. It got all kinds of weird lines running through it and when I took a pictures it all kind of ran together. I ended up buying a Nikon. I think I'm really going to like it.

I have a Nikon and love it ;)

acreativechick 08-29-2011 11:04 AM

Kelly....we'll all have your back but can you organize all of us for this challenge? It sounds interesting but I'm the kind of person that just needs to be told what to do and when. :)

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechick (Post 18674200)
Kelly....we'll all have your back but can you organize all of us for this challenge? It sounds interesting but I'm the kind of person that just needs to be told what to do and when. :)

I can do that.

Let me get this baby shower out of the way and put my thoughts on paper. That will give us a chance to hit the 15 mark.

In the mean time, if everyone would start thinking about the challenge category they would like to be responsible for... So far I'm thinking

Event
Color combo
Sketch
Technique

If anyone can think of others, please post so I can add them to the list.

Also... if there is a day of the week you ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT be responsible for.

creatingisfun 08-29-2011 11:22 AM

I would say use up your stash challenge ;)
or use your scraps

acreativechick 08-29-2011 11:26 AM

Thoughts on challenges and I really have no idea if I'm even on topic here. Don't laugh too hard if this is really way off base. LOL (I'm wondering why my brain can't wrap itself around this...more caffeine maybe)

-Favorite Designer
-Re-purpose, re-use, recycle
-Specific Style like Vintage, Steampunk, Victorian, etc
-Holiday or Seasonal?

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 02:25 PM

Great additions, you guys!

mschoener 08-29-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechick (Post 18674121)
Welcome Martha!

And I see lots of numbers there and it looks like it might involve algebra......Kelly, once we hit 15, you can have this project. :)

LOL! I agree Michelle!

mschoener 08-29-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18674111)
15 bloggers, each doing 2 challenges per month equals 30 challenges.... aka 30 days in a month - sometimes with 1 day to spare :-)

You are thinking year... not month :-)

I'm still confused! :confused: But that's okay. Michelle says she's going to let you figure that all out. I actually always liked math. :rolleyes:

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18674130)
Happy Monday, everyone!

I'll try to keep my blog current over the next couple weeks. I have a submissions deadline (thankfully extended) and 2 crib quilts to make before I leave for Nashville on Thursday. My daughter's baby shower is Saturday then I'm bringing the 'big sister' back with me for a week-long visit.

I'll try to get to blogs this week. Just bear with me through September 12th when Miss A goes back home :-) and my time is my own again.

I know you're going to enjoy both the trip up to see your DD and DGD and enjoy time with them and then bringing Miss A back for a week. She's going to be flying high!

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18674170)
Gee thanks! LOL I just don't think it's fair for one person to do it all. If we all pitch in, we stand a better chance of this going for the long term. JMO :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too

We won't let you out in the cold Kelly. Just kind of figure out when we do a challenge.

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfun (Post 18674174)
this is my blog :)
Creating is Fun

Thanks for coming by my blog. I love your bookmarks. I'm going to look forward to keeping up with all your blogs.

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfun (Post 18674178)
I have a Nikon and love it ;)

I think I'm going to love mine too. Still trying to figure it all out.

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18674700)
Great additions, you guys!

I love all those different ideas for the challenges. If we have a choice, my first would be color combo.

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 18674963)
I know you're going to enjoy both the trip up to see your DD and DGD and enjoy time with them and then bringing Miss A back for a week. She's going to be flying high!

She was soooo excited when grandpa showed up at the apartment on Saturday afternoon. But when I talked to her later on the phone her first words were..

I'm really sick grandma. Can I come to your house? LOL

Poor baby is battling a cough from sinus drainage. Hope we can get her over this so she can come home with me.

ScrappinCEO 08-29-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 18674970)
We won't let you out in the cold Kelly. Just kind of figure out when we do a challenge.

LOL When I said it didn't seem fair for one person to do it all... I was referring to Michelle. :-) That each of us should bring something to the table so we can all enjoy the creative time that goes with it. hehe

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18675018)
She was soooo excited when grandpa showed up at the apartment on Saturday afternoon. But when I talked to her later on the phone her first words were..

I'm really sick grandma. Can I come to your house? LOL

Poor baby is battling a cough from sinus drainage. Hope we can get her over this so she can come home with me.

Oh, I'm sorry that she's sick - in that case she really needs to come to Grandma's house. :)

mschoener 08-29-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO (Post 18675023)
LOL When I said it didn't seem fair for one person to do it all... I was referring to Michelle. :-) That each of us should bring something to the table so we can all enjoy the creative time that goes with it. hehe

LOL! Definitely. We're all in this together.

stamptician 08-30-2011 02:13 PM

Not sure if you are still looking for members but, I would be interested in being in an active group like this.

mschoener 08-30-2011 03:20 PM

So glad that you are joining us Jennipher. I always enjoy reading your blog.

hpyscrpr2 08-30-2011 03:39 PM

Good Evening Ladies!

Hmmm, challenge ideas....

colors
sketches
Holiday/Seasonal--like if we're close to Halloween; everyone has to make some sort of Halloween creation or something for the season that we're in would be fun.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I can come up with something else if I have time to really think about it ;-)

For the absolute day/s that I wouldn't be available would be the weekend! My weekends are off limits to crafting & I spend time with my children and DH when he's home.

A big welcome to Jennipher!!! Your blog is always nicely updated with beautiful cards & I'm looking forward to seeing more if you in this group!!

My blog is updated ladies & I'm off to visit you all this evening :-D

acreativechick 08-31-2011 04:33 AM

Welcome Jennipher!

I'm sort of new to SCS so I don't always notice when someone updates this thread so I'm going to need to be more aware and just check it more often. If I don't respond for awhile and you think I've fallen off the cyber highway, just email me a nudge. :)

Hope you all have a happy bright sunshiny creative day!

mschoener 08-31-2011 05:21 AM

Everyone has their own way of getting notices Michelle. I just have them send me e-mail notifications when a thread has a reply so that way I can keep up and not miss anything. Some just check their subscriptions on a daily basis. Just handle the best way for you.

hpyscrpr2 09-01-2011 05:49 AM

Just poppin' on to say good morning :-D

stamptician 09-01-2011 05:52 AM

Howdy everyone! Thanks Michelle for the welcome and thanks Jackie for that nice comment about my blog. I'm afraid I'm a little off kilter from the hurricane and have lost my mojo somewhere. I had all kinds of ideas during the storm when I had no electric to work with!

mschoener 09-01-2011 06:09 AM

Good morning ladies. I just wanted you guys to know that our sister blogger - Soni B (sonisfrontporch) lost her father on Monday after just losing her husband about 2 months ago. She's really been through a lot, but is a really strong woman and will come through it all fine. If any of you would care to send her a card, PM me and I'll give you her address. The service is tomorrow. Her dad and brothers live in Florida so they are on their way up to Illinois today.

hpyscrpr2 09-01-2011 06:33 AM

Done....

acreativechick 09-02-2011 04:33 AM

Hello Everyone,

Soni, I am so very sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I know there are no words I could possibly say to make it all better but please know, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Jennipher, my mojo seems to be missing as well. My boyfriend is home on vacation this week so I'm a bit at odds with finding the time to just "be" and create. But Tuesday will come soon enough. :)

Maggie, please email me ([email protected]) Soni's address when you get a chance and thank you for being so kind.

I hope we all have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend. For now, I'm off to my studio for some major re-organizing and de-cluttering.

hpyscrpr2 09-02-2011 06:25 AM

Good Morning! Blog is updated & I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :-D

creatingisfun 09-03-2011 11:16 AM

hey everyone, hope you have a great holiday weekend :)

creatingisfun 09-03-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 18683307)
Good morning ladies. I just wanted you guys to know that our sister blogger - Soni B (sonisfrontporch) lost her father on Monday after just losing her husband about 2 months ago. She's really been through a lot, but is a really strong woman and will come through it all fine. If any of you would care to send her a card, PM me and I'll give you her address. The service is tomorrow. Her dad and brothers live in Florida so they are on their way up to Illinois today.

oh no, prayers for her and her family.

ROROLEE 09-03-2011 12:00 PM

Prayers for Soni and Soni's family.

Hope everyone has a great and creative weekend/vacation.
There are some Labor day discount goin on, wish I can find some good deals.

stamptician 09-03-2011 12:21 PM

Hi Ladies! I just realized that I probably haven't paid you all a visit yet and I need to do that. First, I have to figure out who all is part of this group and add you to my side bar to make it easier for regular visiting. I shall work on that today!

mschoener 09-03-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechick (Post 18686756)
Hello Everyone,

Soni, I am so very sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I know there are no words I could possibly say to make it all better but please know, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Jennipher, my mojo seems to be missing as well. My boyfriend is home on vacation this week so I'm a bit at odds with finding the time to just "be" and create. But Tuesday will come soon enough. :)

Maggie, please email me ([email protected]) Soni's address when you get a chance and thank you for being so kind.

I hope we all have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend. For now, I'm off to my studio for some major re-organizing and de-cluttering.

Sent. Thanks Michelle. You're very sweet to send her a card. I know she'll appreciate it very much.

Hope you find your mojo. I'm hoping to get some things done this weekend. Had a busy day today running errands, changing out our church library bulletin board, and then had to make a 2-hour round trip to go pick up 4 Sun Ovens for some friends and me at church. I can't wait to try it out. We sure have had enough sun lately. :rolleyes:

mschoener 09-03-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 18687091)
Good Morning. Blog is updated & I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :-D

I need to go check yours out. I have a couple things that I did this last weekend, but haven't had the time to get them up on my blog. Hopefully tomorrow.

mschoener 09-03-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2 (Post 18687091)
Good Morning! Blog is updated & I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :-D

Great Halloween card. I really love what you did with that simple spooky tree.

ScrappinCEO 09-04-2011 04:38 AM

Popping in for a quick good morning. It's been a busy couple of days in Nashville. Miss A and I did baby shopping on Friday so she had something to take to the shower yesterday. Shower went well. Lots of special and emotional moments for my daughter throughout the day. Got to meet/ visit with a fellow scrapbooker.

Miss A and I are heading for MO in a couple of hours. I'll check in tomorrow morning.
Have a safe weekend.

acreativechick 09-04-2011 09:48 AM

It's been a crazy weekend! I'm not even sure where to begin but at least I was finally able to update my blog and check in here. Facebook is another story entirely. LOL I'm off to visit all of you now. I hope you are enjoying nice sunshiny weather this weekend! *hugs to you all*