Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-07-2020, 02:48 PM   #15481  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

I had a missed call this afternoon because I did not recognize the number and so didn't answer it. The person left a voicemail so I went and listed to it. It was the 2020 Census Bureau. The lady left a call back number so I called her back. I told her my name and that I was returning her call. Then she asked me if I was still interested in working for the 2020 Census Bureau and I said yes. She said, okay, that's the end of my questionnaire! LOL! They are still not ready and I haven't had any training yet so it will still be awhile before anything happens.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #15482  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Mother’s Day to you all! We will have a quiet day. My mom & stepdad are coming over for dinner. We are getting a pizza. Usually we all go out on Saturday of Mother’s Day weekend but not this year. My brother saw my mom today. My family did over 30 days of social distancing and now we are slowly seeing each other but not all at once. Easing back into it. No big family gatherings yet. Every state I know is different. We are asked to stay home until 5/15. I went back to work last week after being off for awhile. A lot of places here have started to reopen.
Nancy, I placed an online order with Joanne Fabrics for some supplies to get started on my tee shirt quilt. Part of my order was cancelled, part is on its way and I received one spool of thread in the mail. LOL! I’m glad I wasn’t counting on this project to keep me busy.
Not much news here. I baked chocolate chip cookies today, did laundry and organized my canned goods in my pantry. Exciting day...LOL!
Take care and have a good Mother’s Day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #15483  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
So sorry to hear that Nancy. Is this because of the COVID-19 or just a regular job layoff for other reasons? I hope that he'll be able to wait it out.
COVID-19 reasons. When you are down to only 10% of your normal business it hard to pay people. They are trying to get people to leave the company as well. They are offering one more set of voluntary leave packages so hopefully it is better than the last ones. He will probably take one of of those or retire October 1. The last offer was great if you were 63.5 yrs old but just ok for everyone else. Medical insurance is the big issue, I think, for many people. We shall see what they offer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #15484  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy late Mother’s Day!

We BBQed. It rained then snow flurries then snowed. What the heck? Probably because we decided to BBQ. :rolleyes:

This is the last week of homeschooling. Then we are free for the summer.

I went to see my mom and sister on Saturday and visited for a little while. Our social distancing goes until the end of May. So I just went by myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2020, 07:16 AM   #15485  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
COVID-19 reasons. When you are down to only 10% of your normal business it hard to pay people. They are trying to get people to leave the company as well. They are offering one more set of voluntary leave packages so hopefully it is better than the last ones. He will probably take one of of those or retire October 1. The last offer was great if you were 63.5 yrs old but just ok for everyone else. Medical insurance is the big issue, I think, for many people. We shall see what they offer.
It is so sad to see what is happening to businesses because of this virus. I love going out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. It's a serve-yourself buffet for salads and other items. I learned over the weekend that they are closing for good and will not reopen. They said that the rules for reopening are not applicable to them because they are a self serve restaurant. I was so sad. It's the best place to go. Then, yesterday, I was going to order lunch online and go pick it up at my favorite Chinese restaurant and the website said it was closed. They had been doing curbside pickup, so I called the phone number and got a message that the phone was no longer in service, so it sounds like they have closed also.

Is your DH old enough to retire and claim SS? My biggest worry before I was forced to retire was the cost of insurance, but it turned out okay since I was already on medicare. I hope it works out for you guys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #15486  
Quacker Stamper

I had a pretty good day yesterday although I did not make it to my craft room.

We have outside sacrament at church Sunday mornings and after that, I went to visit my mom at the cemetery. I had a message from my DD in CA when I got home. She said she would call back. I wasn't sure if my other DD in TX would be coming over or not. I got a text from her saying that the repair guy for their fridge was coming between 1 and 4. I was hungry then for lunch, so got online and ordered some Goode Co. BBQ. Right after I got home from picking that up, the DD in CA called so we chatted along with my SIL for about 1/2 hour. Hung up and finally got to eat my lunch. Had some leftovers that went in the fridge. When I finally heard from DD here, she said that the repair was finally done and they were going to go get take out and would come over after that and bring me a treat. They asked if I wanted them to bring food and I said no that I had leftovers from lunch. The whole family came about 7 with their own lawn chairs and we sat out on the patio (which I had swept off that afternoon). The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed some time together. They did bring treats - lemon squares - my favorite after chocolate. These were vegan and the last time she made them, they did not turn out very well, but these were great!

Back to schoolwork. Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #15487  
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Monday!! I have been having so much trouble with SCS and my password! Super frustrating. Once again. I got kicked out & had to reset it�. Part of the issue is that my phone auto fills my password and seems to override what I enter. The phone is remembering the old passeord�
We are well here. It’s heating up here in the desert. Our tortoises are out for the summer. Always fun to see them after hibernation. They grow so much during that time.
I’m off of work today & at my craft office. I hope to sew a pillow. Wish me luck�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #15488  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
It is so sad to see what is happening to businesses because of this virus. I love going out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes. It's a serve-yourself buffet for salads and other items. I learned over the weekend that they are closing for good and will not reopen. They said that the rules for reopening are not applicable to them because they are a self serve restaurant. I was so sad. It's the best place to go. Then, yesterday, I was going to order lunch online and go pick it up at my favorite Chinese restaurant and the website said it was closed. They had been doing curbside pickup, so I called the phone number and got a message that the phone was no longer in service, so it sounds like they have closed also.

Is your DH old enough to retire and claim SS? My biggest worry before I was forced to retire was the cost of insurance, but it turned out okay since I was already on medicare. I hope it works out for you guys.
No, he isn’t able to claim SS yet. He will be 57 in January. Tomorrow we will find out what incentives they are offering people to leave. I think medical insurance is a big item for people. He has been there 34.5 years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #15489  
Stazon Splitcoast

It was a nice day today. Trying to do some yard work. DH is repairing some dry rot on the outside of the house, our house is all cedar siding. I need to do a thorough cleaning and organizing of my craft space. I haven’t had time in a while to go down there.

This week is the last week of home schooling so maybe I will have more time to get things done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #15490  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
No, he isn’t able to claim SS yet. He will be 57 in January. Tomorrow we will find out what incentives they are offering people to leave. I think medical insurance is a big item for people. He has been there 34.5 years.
I hope they offer him a good package to leave. I know how that is since I was at the law firm for 32+ years. Will keep you guys in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2020, 10:32 AM   #15491  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon. It’s been raining the last two days so not really getting anything done in the yard.

Hubby’s last day at work will be Friday June 5th. He decided to retire and take the separation package. His retirement date will be effective 12/1/2020 (8 days short of 35 years). The offer isn’t too bad. The next offer won’t be as good. After that, you are taking your chances on being laid off or choose to retire, if eligible, with out any frills or severance.

He will get a partial paycheck which will also include his accrued vacation that he has earned for next year and his unused vacation for this year until 11/30 (instead of a lump sum on 11/30). He will get some other travel benefits as well. Full insurance as well until 11/30.

That’s all that’s going on for now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #15492  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Memorial Day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2020, 05:05 PM   #15493  
Stazon Splitcoast

Been busy today pressure washing the patio in the backyard. It’s all exposed aggregate. It was a mess. I’m exhausted.

I’ve been trying to weed and move some ground cover to new places. It’s been super hot the last few days. In the 80’s. It’s too hot to do much yard work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #15494  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

I hope every one is doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #15495  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Nancy. It does sound like you are keeping busy. It has been very hot down here, so I'm not outside so much. We had some rain come through yesterday and it cooled off some and lowered the humidity. the humidity is what gets to me. I have some work to do outside, but maybe on Saturday if the weather stays good.

School is keeping me busy. Just had a Zoom meeting with my writing instructor for my essay. Writing is my least favorite thing to do. I hope I can remember the things she said and get my Part 2 of my paper done. It's not due until next week. Now I have to work on my British Isles research.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2020, 04:53 AM   #15496  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Good morning, everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA.. just super busy. If I'm on the computer I'm either working or spending time with my sister. .. which we've done almost every morning since her breast cancer issue almost two years ago.

My living room/ dining room also still looks like a Uhaul was unloaded into that space. I promised Bob we'd have a real living space again when he comes home on the 10.

I've barely made a dent and I only have 8 days left! Well, 7 actually. I'd like to be done on Tuesday so Wednesday is just general touch up around the house.

I'm also trying to get a garden planted. That precious mama wren raided ALL of my seed trays so I wound up having to buy plants last weekend. I hope to get them planted this evening before I mow.

I also was part of an Unemployment Breach. I found out last week and am still trying to get through to UE. The breach affected four states. Grrr.
I do EVERYTHING in my power to protect my identity then the government screws up. Geez! The 4 states were IL, AR, CO, KY. so Nancy, you need to consider a credit freeze and keep a close eye on your accounts. The news report said people had been notified if they were involved. I never did. Had no clue until I got the denial letter from unemployment last week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #15497  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi! I hope everyone is doing ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #15498  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls!

Not back to normal. Still have stuff to put away. I have such an understanding husband. He knows I was multi-tasking between getting the garden in, trying to work and still work on the studio.

The tool cart is finished, the moveable project carts are back in the studio. We can use the living room. I still hope to finish a corner this week so he can move my gazelle back into place.

Bob worked over a week so he only gets 2 weeks off this trip. He goes back out a week from today.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I know Maggie's had a plumbing and computer issue but I think she's getting those taken care of.

Temps are finally starting to head into normal range. I thought we were to have rain most all this week but looks like I'm watering the garden. I have over 50 tomato plants, peas (strting to look pathetic), corn that only got about 4 stalks to come up, 8 green pepper, 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 cucumber. Onions are doing really well... and out of 2 seed tape rows of carrots, I wound up with 2 carrots! LOL Oh well. I'll have a chance to replant those.

working on junk journals. I'm in the middle of a Just 15 items journal challenge now and tonight we start a Little Golden Book in our beginners series. That one pains me as I collect LGB but I found a couple duplicates in my collection that I can work with.

What's everyone been up to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #15499  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nancy, how are things with hubby's job?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 AM   #15500  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning. Great to hear from you.

School has been keeping me very busy as I am now on the down side of the semester. Only 4 1/2 more weeks to go! I'll be happy if I end up with a B in my classes. They have both been difficult. I am intending to take Part 2 of the British Isles research in the Fall and may just take that one class. This Part 1 has been a lot of work. I'll have to check to see what other classes I have left to take.

Yes, Kelly, I have been having computer issues. It is sporadic so I don't ever know exactly when it is going to hit. I just make sure that I back up my work to my hard drive. Somehow, I lost my Quicken account. I had it on a subscription, but cancelled that and was just using it as a check register, but after the Geek Squad came out and updated my computer, I lost it. Not only did I lose it, but I cannot even get it to install on either one of my computers now. Very weird. In a way it is okay because I have been looking at a cloud based accounting program that I could also use for my business. And, it is free for their basic program.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 07:21 AM   #15501  
Quacker Stamper

The plumbing issue is still up in the air. I
had a company come out to unclog my kitchen drain. I had tried using the
Drano gel in it twice and it didn't work. After 2 1/2 hours we gave up.
He thought he had gotten it cleared out and he put all the pipes and
drains back together including my garbage disposal and it was still
clogged. It was late at night and I wasn't about to go through all that
again. We decided that someone else would come out the next day to see
about it. The second guy came and he could not get his snake to go down
the pipe the way it should in order to get the clog cleared out. We
finally decided that they were not going to get it fixed. I have a
friend who is a plumber. I didn't call him in the first place because I
thought it was just a simple clog and he lives on the other side of
town. I did call him. the funny thing is that after I called him and he
agreed to come the next day, the drain unclogged itself. I don't know if
the Drano finally kicked in or if it was the plumbers who shook it
loose or what happened, but the drain did clear. But it was still
leaking and I had water coming out of the little hole on the side of my
water filter faucet. I had to turn off the cold water. So, he came and found that they had completely destroyed the front of the drain pipe with their snakes. He also discovered that the guy had not put the disposal back on correctly and eventually it would have shaken loose and fallen down. He ended up having to cut off about an inch of the drain pipe and luckily was still able to get the connecting pipe back on it. So basically the clog is fixed, but I'm still getting a slow drip leak from somewhere but I can't tell where it is coming from. I thought I saw it dripping from that same pipe, but I just checked it today and it seems to be fine although there was a small amount of water on the bottom of the sink cabinet. I'm wondering if it coming from the water container for my filtered water.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #15502  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO
View Post

Good morning, girls!

Not back to normal. Still have stuff to put away. I have such an understanding husband. He knows I was multi-tasking between getting the garden in, trying to work and still work on the studio.

The tool cart is finished, the moveable project carts are back in the studio. We can use the living room. I still hope to finish a corner this week so he can move my gazelle back into place.

Bob worked over a week so he only gets 2 weeks off this trip. He goes back out a week from today.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I know Maggie's had a plumbing and computer issue but I think she's getting those taken care of.

Temps are finally starting to head into normal range. I thought we were to have rain most all this week but looks like I'm watering the garden. I have over 50 tomato plants, peas (strting to look pathetic), corn that only got about 4 stalks to come up, 8 green pepper, 2 cherry tomatoes and 2 cucumber. Onions are doing really well... and out of 2 seed tape rows of carrots, I wound up with 2 carrots! LOL Oh well. I'll have a chance to replant those.

working on junk journals. I'm in the middle of a Just 15 items journal challenge now and tonight we start a Little Golden Book in our beginners series. That one pains me as I collect LGB but I found a couple duplicates in my collection that I can work with.

What's everyone been up to?

Glad to hear that you are getting things put away and back to "normal." Sorry about the dry weather. I wish I could send some of this rain elsewhere. We had a deluge yesterday with a thunderstorm and supposed to have more of that today. Sorry that mama wren ate up all your seedlings. I have a pair of small birds that built a nest up in the corner of my patio cover. I saw them working on it all day Saturday. I think they may be house sparrows, but I haven't seen them since. I would think even if mama was sitting on eggs she'd have to go out to eat sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #15503  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

View Post

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Also, I have been seeing about fires in and around Tucson, Arizona and thinking of Brenda. I hope things are okay out there. The Bighorn fire is pretty close to the Tucson Arizona Temple which they are keeping a close watch on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #15504  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener
View Post

Quote:

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Also, I have been seeing about fires in and around Tucson, Arizona and thinking of Brenda. I hope things are okay out there. The Bighorn fire is pretty close to the Tucson Arizona Temple which they are keeping a close watch on.

I posted back in May that he was going to retire. His last day at work was June 5th. Technically he is on a leave of absence and his actual retirement date is 12/1.

Last edited by nhagen; 06-24-2020 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 03:00 PM   #15505  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not much going on around here. Just doing things around the house. DS had some doctors appointments. Some of his were telemedicine appointments and those worked out well especially since one doctor was in Chicago and I didn’t really want to go into the city. I had an appointment as well. I am glad the doctors offices are opening up. That was getting worrisome. Now I am playing catch up on some appointments.

It’s been dry around here. Not a lot of rain this spring. At least the mosquito population is down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #15506  
Quacker Stamper

Looks like our website has gone a little wonky again.

So, Nancy, what is it like to have DH around the house all the time? Is he helpful?

I have two doctors that I have had to go to the office to see. They all require face masks and the one doctor has a nurse in the elevator lobby who does a quick temp check and gives you sanitizer for your hands before you even go into the waiting area.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #15507  
Quacker Stamper

I am having a really hard time with this Writing and Reasoning class. We are doing peer reviews this week of the essay we have been working on all semester. We get assigned to someone to do their peer review. We don't pick the one we want. The one I got is driving me nuts already. I've had to practically rewrite her essay. I don't think she read over it after she wrote it up. We have six areas that we have to evaluate. I just want to say, start over and rewrite the whole thing.

I sent my essay over to a friend of mine who is a retired English teacher. She helps me. She finds the mistakes and typos that I miss. I just sent an email to the instructor to find out if we are supposed to be reviewing the whole paper or just the part 3 that we are working on now. Some of the questions I can't answer unless I read the whole essay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #15508  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

View Post

So, Nancy, what is it like to have DH around the house all the time? Is he helpful?

LOL, actually I got used to him working from home from March 16-June 4 so it isn’t too much different. Now he is just working around the house instead of n conference calls or on his laptop. It makes it easier for me to grocery shopping with him home all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2020, 06:04 PM   #15509  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Fourth of July Gals! I hope that you all are doing well. I spent the day crafting with two friends. It was fun. I spent most of my time making a card with the Cricut using Cricut Design Space. Boy, am I rusty with my Cricut skills. I had to watch a few videos to figure out what I wanted to do.
The fire continues to burn here. Over 100,000 acres have burned. It has been burning since June 5th. It is more contained now but for weeks it felt like it would never be contained. I've had friends on alert for possible evacuation. My family lives too far from it to be in danger of evacuation.
Not much news here. Hubby still looking for work. DD is back to work at Ulta and doing an accelerated online Spanish class at the U of AZ this summer. I have been off work the past week. The office shut down for a week's vacation. We typically close this time every year.
Oh! I did go to Scrap Camp last weekend.TONS of laughs and lots of fun. It is the yearly one I go to that is local.
Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2020, 05:31 AM   #15510  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01
View Post

Happy Fourth of July Gals! I hope that you all are doing well. I spent the day crafting with two friends. It was fun. I spent most of my time making a card with the Cricut using Cricut Design Space. Boy, am I rusty with my Cricut skills. I had to watch a few videos to figure out what I wanted to do.
The fire continues to burn here. Over 100,000 acres have burned. It has been burning since June 5th. It is more contained now but for weeks it felt like it would never be contained. I've had friends on alert for possible evacuation. My family lives too far from it to be in danger of evacuation.
Not much news here. Hubby still looking for work. DD is back to work at Ulta and doing an accelerated online Spanish class at the U of AZ this summer. I have been off work the past week. The office shut down for a week's vacation. We typically close this time every year.
Oh! I did go to Scrap Camp last weekend.TONS of laughs and lots of fun. It is the yearly one I go to that is local.
Take care.

Thinking of you Brenda and DH. I'm sure it is tough during these uncertain times to find a job although I keep seeing lots of law firms looking for paralegals and secretaries. Glad that your family is well away from the fires.

Does your DD plan to use her Spanish in her employment later?

How did things work out at Scrap Camp with social distancing? Where did you all go for it? I haven't been to a Stamp Camp in so many years. They were always fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #15511  
Quacker Stamper

Hi, Paper Bloggers. I just learned some sad news yesterday. Our friend, Brandy Tinney has passed on. If you followed her on FB, you know that she has been battling cancer for some time now. Before that her DH Billy was killed in a tragic accident in October 2018. She hadn't done any card making for a long time, but she has some beautiful artwork she did on her Facebook page. I know that she is happy now that she and Billy have been reunited. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family. May she rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #15512  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

View Post

Hi, Paper Bloggers. I just learned some sad news yesterday. Our friend, Brandy Tinney has passed on. If you followed her on FB, you know that she has been battling cancer for some time now. Before that her DH Billy was killed in a tragic accident in October 2018. She hadn't done any card making for a long time, but she has some beautiful artwork she did on her Facebook page. I know that she is happy now that she and Billy have been reunited. My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family. May she rest in peace.

I did not know that. That is so sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #15513  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01
View Post

Take care.

Hey Brenda!

I did not know about the fires. I know someone moving to the area next week. I don’t think they are moving to Tucson but nearby. Sorry about DH not being able to find a job. Hopefully something will open up soon. Is he looking for something in the same field or different? Our dentist office recently just re-%opened after the lockdowns etc. things are opening up very slowly here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #15514  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

View Post

So sad to hear.
I don't think she was happy without Billy. She has struggled for so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2020, 07:24 AM   #15515  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, everyone

That's right, Nancy. I remember now. Been in a brain fog lately. I've been so out of touch with card making that I took forever doing a card for YouTube the other day. Like learning all over again! Kind of like Brenda and the cricut - which i've not touched mine in years!

Bob got a last minute schedule change so instead of leaving the end of June he was home until last Friday (9th). He'll be gone for 21 days.

We hope to go to AL and see the kids after he gets home but right now, Sue said they have check points and if you're out of state, you quarantine in AL for 14 days. We can't do that with Bob's schedule.

She said things could change in 2-3 weeks. At this point we aren't sure we'll get to see them before they move back to WA or if they will even get to move. That's dependent on them getting the apt. they were looking at.

Driving me nuts. LOL

I'm back to work full force today. I've already uploaded a YT video for today. Have 2 more to schedule this week and 4 more to record before Saturday.

going to be really hot outside this week so good time to stay in and get stuff done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2020, 07:30 AM   #15516  
Stazon Splitcoast

We've had a new cat wander into the yard. I've named her Tink. She appears to be completely deaf. Right now I can only get about 6" from her before she starts showing her fangs and snarling at me. But she does know where the food comes from. Last night i'd not gotten out to put food for her by my usual 7 p.m. By 7:45 she was in the front yard eating the birdseed out of the Morning Dove's plate on the ground! She all but beat me back to the shed when she saw I had her food dish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tink shed.jpg (62.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Tink hose.JPG (81.9 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #15517  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

View Post

We've had a new cat wander into the yard. I've named her Tink. She appears to be completely deaf. Right now I can only get about 6" from her before she starts showing her fangs and snarling at me. But she does know where the food comes from. Last night i'd not gotten out to put food for her by my usual 7 p.m. By 7:45 she was in the front yard eating the birdseed out of the Morning Dove's plate on the ground! She all but beat me back to the shed when she saw I had her food dish.

Tink is so adorable. Sad that she is not friendly. She's either a feral that has been abandoned by whoever was feeding her or not well taken care of by her owners. She must have been really hungry to eat birdseed. One of my three outside kitties has started hunting. It doesn't happen often, but I've seen remnants three times over the last 2-3 months. Only my 3 come in the yard, so it has to be one of them. I did see Spooky actually in the yard yesterday eyeing the birds that were feeding. Usually the two white ones don't let her in the yard.

I hope you get to see the kids before they move.

LOL! I haven't used my Cricut in years either. I also bought a Silhouette and have never used it. I keep thinking I'll take the time to read the instructions, but haven't done that yet. Maybe, while I'm on summer break.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #15518  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning.
Quick check in. I'm getting a very late start to my day. I have to moderate a video chat about 12:30 then I think I'm spending the rest of the day in my chair with the laptop. Still building my YT subscriber data base before I film my video for Saturday.

If I can accomplish that and the project I need for Friday's video I'll call this day a win.

What's everyone else up to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #15519  
Stazon Splitcoast

How is everyone spending their weekend?

Maggie, did you accomplish what you wanted on your school work?
Nancy, how are things up there? Are you melting?

Now where is Brenda and Vikki? Hmmm

I'm going to hit your blog today, Maggie.

I think I got away from visiting blogs because no one was posting anything except you and me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2020, 08:10 AM   #15520  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

View Post

She looks sweet! Hopefully she will grow to trust you and become friendly etc.
Reply With Quote Likes