Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #1361  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
I had a chance to do a little research. there are quite a few . i looked @that site and looked @some others too .

Why don't you girls look and pick something ? she said older discontinued stuff or g45 staples. so i would select any of them that are either listed as clearance or not showing on the g45papers.com web site @ all . with g45 staples that doesn't mean your ordinary staples. it means like staples of grocery items

since Brenda is on her trip and she may not check here before she goes we'll want to get her something . Nancy since you both are disney girls, do you mind selecting something for Brenda ?

Since there are a few folks that we dont see on here very often , I'll wait till like Monday to send the answer to Meggan.

I don't want to sound greedy so maybe pick 2 or 3 in case there isn't any available in your first choice
Joyce is on vacation too, isnt she ?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #1362  
Stampin' Fool

anybody purchase digis thru pollycraft stamps ? they are closing 10/23
basically they are selling everyhting since re-opening for 13.99 pounds . check it out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #1363  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi! Brandy thanks for the phone message... Good to hear your voice. Exciting you have a connection with Graphic 45! I won't have time to look but whatever you gals think that I would like pick it for me. Let me know who I owe money to for it. Off to Disneyland!!!! Oh and Maggie that Disney on Ice tradition you had sounded wonderful! Sorry to hear the dates have changed. What a fun way to kick off the holiday season too.

Thanks again to all for the kind words about DD grades. I have passed the word on to her. Okay.... Now I'm off to Disneyland.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #1364  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Not sure how discontinued these are, for all I know they are really old and they don't have anything but here goes.....

On the Boardwalk
Playtimes Past
Transatlantique
Renaissance Faire

So whatever the nice ladies at Graphic 45 have and would like to send is fine by me. Beggars can't be choosers! LOL

Thanks Brandy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #1365  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,081 Likes on 861 Posts

Quote:

anybody purchase digis thru pollycraft stamps ? they are closing 10/23
basically they are selling everyhting since re-opening for 13.99 pounds . check it out
60 images is a lot of digi images. I make order some smaller packs. Not sure I really want or need all of them even at such a good price.

I've been working on coloring those Christmas images I took to SF. Trying to get them all colored so I can work on putting them into cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #1366  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I had a chance to do a little research. there are quite a few . i looked @that site and looked @some others too .

Why don't you girls look and pick something ? she said older discontinued stuff or g45 staples. so i would select any of them that are either listed as clearance or not showing on the g45papers.com web site @ all . with g45 staples that doesn't mean your ordinary staples. it means like staples of grocery items

since Brenda is on her trip and she may not check here before she goes we'll want to get her something . Nancy since you both are disney girls, do you mind selecting something for Brenda ?

Since there are a few folks that we dont see on here very often , I'll wait till like Monday to send the answer to Meggan.

I don't want to sound greedy so maybe pick 2 or 3 in case there isn't any available in your first choice
I really think it's all going to depend on what they have available and what they are willing to send to us. I really like:

Bird Song - Asian inspired
Place in Time - would be great for calendar type projects
A Ladies Diary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #1367  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Guess Brenda is off to Disney this morning. Can't wait to see some photos of their outfits.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #1368  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Same here. Always put it up weekend after Thanksgiving. The last couple of years we have done it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I must admit it may go up even earlier this year...hubby has surgery scheduled for Nov 18 (I think...near there). Has to be done before his surgery. Down with the pumpkins early Nov and up with the tree! LOL
I usually start putting the decorations up the week of Thanksgiving but don't turn on the lights until after dinner on Thanksgiving. That's always been our family tradition.

However, with the Polish Sinfonia coming the 2nd week in December - and Bob leaving the week before Thanksgiving, I need to have all the furniture rearranged and his help with getting the 30+ tubs from storage while he's home. I'll spend the few days before the event cooking for the orchestra and following them around to performances.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1369  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

went to my LSS. its about 40 minutes away if that . bought some grpahic 45 12 days of christmas chipboard and stickers. they didnt have any of the paper pads. just single sheets.when I got online I did some comparison shopping . their prices were pretty much what every one is charging . However I bought 2 bottles of stickles each 2.99
when I checked the prices online and retail max cost was 1.99 . over-paid there.

lesson learned check prices before you purchase and I left my camera @home . dont do that either . I had my phone camera . I need to see if I can get what I have off-loaded before i add anymore . a suggestion if hubby tags long like mine did . bring him something to do. I barely had time to look @anything . or better yet leave him @HOME LOL
Now that Bob has his iPhone, he sits in the truck and naps or watches something on Netflix or YouTube.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #1370  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Today was the day I took Snowball to the vet to be euthanized. Poor little thing was just too sick. The vet said the only treatment for this particular carcinoma would have been to remove her ear down to the skull; something that I would not have done. And he said they are usually in pretty good health otherwise until it metastises and he said it was most likely in her liver. After about 12 years, she's gone, but not forgotten. I'll get her ashes back in a week or so. I need to figure out if I want them outside or inside with the other 2. They do put them in a little wooden box.

I haven't seen Chloe's momma for some time, so not sure if she's had her babies and is tending to them or what because she's not coming to eat that I've seen her.
Awww. the choices we make. Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #1371  
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVE Graphic 45 stuff but don't have a single item. I don't have an LSS to shop at and don't like to shop on-line except for products I've seen in person first. So I am happy with whatever they want to share. I like vintage, rose/ tan/ sage/ cream tones. So yeah... I'll leave the choosing to you Brandy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #1372  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry I was gone over the weekend.
Brenda, I missed the blog hop but still hope to go look at everyone's projects.
Does anyone remember when Joyce is due back from her cruise? She's offered to be a Beta reader for me and I need an objective opinion on this manuscript asap.

We were cramming over the weekend to get as much done in the bedroom as possible before Bob went back to work yesterday. The walls/ trim are painted, the floor is in and the baseboards are in the closet so we could get the dresser units out of the kitchen before he left. Still so much to do when he gets home on the 30th.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #1373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Too sneak peek at my bedroom... if you go to this link... Olympic&Reg; Paints Offers Over 1200 Paint Colors For You To Choose!

Type in Doeskin (that is my wall color)
then type in Molasses (that is the trim color) though the trim does have a richer tone than they show... almost a fudge chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #1374  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Too sneak peek at my bedroom... if you go to this link... Olympic&Reg; Paints Offers Over 1200 Paint Colors For You To Choose!

Type in Doeskin (that is my wall color)
then type in Molasses (that is the trim color) though the trim does have a richer tone than they show... almost a fudge chocolate.
The colors are so pretty and rich looking.

LOL! It looked like Copic's color chart when it came up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #1375  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I LOVE Graphic 45 stuff but don't have a single item. I don't have an LSS to shop at and don't like to shop on-line except for products I've seen in person first. So I am happy with whatever they want to share. I like vintage, rose/ tan/ sage/ cream tones. So yeah... I'll leave the choosing to you Brandy.
if you check the link maggie put on here I thought the french country would be ok for you . I know you're busy can you take a quick peek ? please
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #1376  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Sorry I was gone over the weekend.
Brenda, I missed the blog hop but still hope to go look at everyone's projects.
Does anyone remember when Joyce is due back from her cruise? She's offered to be a Beta reader for me and I need an objective opinion on this manuscript asap.

We were cramming over the weekend to get as much done in the bedroom as possible before Bob went back to work yesterday. The walls/ trim are painted, the floor is in and the baseboards are in the closet so we could get the dresser units out of the kitchen before he left. Still so much to do when he gets home on the 30th.
I would but I cant be objective when it comes to my Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #1377  
Stampin' Fool

all right ladies got to get back to work on my home decor item for halloween . talk about a creative challenge! never used my skills for home decor before . hope it turns out well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #1378  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The colors are so pretty and rich looking.

LOL! It looked like Copic's color chart when it came up.
This was totally out of my comfort zone for these colors. I've always gone whites/ creams and used the color as an accent. But as Bob and pulled things together, these colors just called to us.

Adrian is NOT going to like the bedroom. She still doesn't like the fact the outside of our house is no longer white.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #1379  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can hear Adrian the first time she walked into the bedroom "Grandma what did you do?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #1380  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

if you check the link maggie put on here I thought the french country would be ok for you . I know you're busy can you take a quick peek ? please
I did look at someone's link... not sure whose. But the stuff didn't look 'old'. Not for the pricing anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #1381  
Stazon Splitcoast

Only one load of laundry left to do. Then all I have left is dishes (mostly cups and silverware)

While Bob was working in the bedroom last weekend I did get some work in the 'office' side of the studio done. My laptop, small printer and business necessities are now in their permanent home. I even got the foam cushion made for my office chair. Nice to be able to put my feet up again when I'm sitting so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #1382  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This was totally out of my comfort zone for these colors. I've always gone whites/ creams and used the color as an accent. But as Bob and pulled things together, these colors just called to us.

Adrian is NOT going to like the bedroom. She still doesn't like the fact the outside of our house is no longer white.
I like the doeskin Kelly. I want to paint (I think), LOL. We have lived here a few years now and all the light beige and off whites are getting to me! Not sure what room I want to start with. The laundry room is an awful shade of yellow and I like yellow on the walls just not this yellow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #1383  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
I like the doeskin Kelly. I want to paint (I think), LOL. We have lived here a few years now and all the light beige and off whites are getting to me! Not sure what room I want to start with. The laundry room is an awful shade of yellow and I like yellow on the walls just not this yellow.
I used Satin and the color came out a rich butterscotch.. which is almost the same color as our siding. Bob kept asking if I was sure I didn't want to paint the trim Forrest Green (the outside trim and roof). Um No!

My mom always wanted a green and yellow kitchen. She finally got her wish after dad died. I really liked it. had a 1950s vibe to it and was always so cheerful and bright.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #1384  
Stazon Splitcoast

How's the home decor project coming along, Brandy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #1385  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been hopping between projects today. I need to write a couple of blog posts. But I also need to finish the tags for the Faerie swap. I found an inspiration sample tag on Pinterest I'm going to play with.

I've also totally mapped out my new ink spot keeper. And if I've measured correct, there will be room behind each color family area for the embellishment book box. All my current SU color stuff will be in one place. I plan to finish the project up next week when we are suppose to have storms and I can't be on-line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #1386  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

How's the home decor project coming along, Brandy?
fixing to post in a minute
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #1387  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

fixing to post in a minute
Its up now . I wanted to do a hand cream with a hand on it but I didnt think I would finish in time . Not sure I would have liked it when Im done anyways. got the wrist and up to the first knuckle done . but attaching the rest of the fingers wasnt working like i wanted it to,

so i'll probably revisit it another time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #1388  
Quacker Stamper

Hi Paper Bloggers. Not much going on here, but wanted to check in. I've been working on coloring images in the evening and busy at work with the boss here.

Brandy you sure are getting after those challenges on SBS!

Kelly, hope you get your posts all done and finish up redoing the house soon. You've been working hard on that. I don't think I'll ever paint my house again except for the outside when it needs doing, but there's no way I can really move much around in my house anymore. Besides, I'd have to pay someone to do all that. :( I do need to touch up a spot or two. There's a corner from the dining room to the hallway where the kitties all like to lean up against and rub against and they have discolored it, so it needs to be scrubbed. and touched up. I also have a spot in the kitchen soffit where they had to get in to the pipes to repipe and the hole has been fixed, tape, and floated, but it still needs to be painted. Bummer that I trashed the rest of that paint so now I have to buy more and just haven't gotten around to doing that yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 04:44 AM   #1389  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

Maggie, did you buy paper at BG? which lines did you order?

I think I like Persimmon and I have 25th and Pine, Lucille, Soleil and I think Serenade. I was looking at the papers and can't decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #1390  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, how do you store your copics?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #1391  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning!

Maggie, did you buy paper at BG? which lines did you order?

I think I like Persimmon and I have 25th and Pine, Lucille, Soleil and I think Serenade. I was looking at the papers and can't decide.
Good morning.

We think alike Nancy. I already have the 6 x6 of 25th & Pine and Origins. This is what I got.

Persimmon - Element Stickers

Persimmon - Wood Veneer Cards

Persimmon - 6x6 Paper Pad

25th & Pine - Wood Veneer Ornaments

Soleil - 6x6 Paper Pad

Origins - Journaling Transparencies - Take Note
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #1392  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, how do you store your copics?
I have a scrapbooking carrier that I use for the majority of my markers. I also have one that I got at the Intermediate Course and I have all my grays (4 sets) and the YR's in it.

Here are a couple photos that show.

The wallet shown is smaller than the one I have, but it's about the same thing.

I also have the Anniversary set which stays in it's own container.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg copic storage.jpg (4.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg index.jpg (8.8 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #1393  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I have a scrapbooking carrier that I use for the majority of my markers. I also have one that I got at the Intermediate Course and I have all my grays (4 sets) and the YR's in it.

Here are a couple photos that show.

The wallet shown is smaller than the one I have, but it's about the same thing.

I also have the Anniversary set which stays in it's own container.
I have a craft tote like that on my desk. That would be less expensive to just buy another one of those!

I was looking at the wallets. I have 69 markers and there are two more I would like to get.

Right now I have a pink box with a lid that I can put them in (still inside their box of three that they come in) then I can sit them upright to use them. Right now I have just enough room if they are flat to add some dcardstock and a few stamps and to take with me. I can't put the lid on if they are upright. I keep them in a drawer otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (36.3 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by nhagen; 10-11-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #1394  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry my phone names all photos image.jpg and SCS replaces the first with the second. Eerrrr
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.3 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #1395  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have a craft tote like that on my desk. That would be less expensive to just buy another one of those!

I was looking at the wallets. I have 69 markers and there are two more I would like to get.

Right now I have a pink box with a lid that I can put them in (still inside their box of three that they come in) then I can sit them upright to use them. Right now I have just enough room if they are flat to add some dcardstock and a few stamps and to take with me. I can't put the lid on if they are upright. I keep them in a drawer otherwise.
Mine just sit on the floor next to my chair within easy reach. I don't have room for them up on my tables. I like the big wallet. I was able to take the gray and YR markers out of it for the SF trip and just bring a variety of colors to use on my coloring.

That's handy to have then where you can take them along with some stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #1396  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,995 Likes on 1,504 Posts

JCI Busy this week! Wednesday after Bible study, about 9 of us stayed and made cards at church for our Encouragement Ministry. I took a lot of my dies, punches, cuttlebug, etc. Still haven't unpacked everything. Room is a mess. We had our classes Thursday, DH and I both took our first water color class. Our papers look like kindergarten!!! Instructor says it is just the undercoat. Whatever. Don't think anything will help! Anyway didn't get my Blog post for WOYWW until late Wednesday evening. And Maggie, you thought my desk was neat (last week)??? Most of the ones who post show their desks as a mess, so no clean desk is not required.

Brandy, thank you for Mom's adorable card! She showed it to me when I first walked in tonight. Such a sweet image and love the hugs.

I get a little break this week-end. My sister came this week-end and will take care of Mom all day tomorrow and Sunday morning. Not doing anything special, but just relaxing, maybe even craft some. \
Well anyway, Hi everyone. Hope all is okay with all of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1397  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't get frustrated yet at your water color class. It sounds like it would be fun to learn a new art media. That's fun that DH and you are both going!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #1398  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
JCI Busy this week! Wednesday after Bible study, about 9 of us stayed and made cards at church for our Encouragement Ministry. I took a lot of my dies, punches, cuttlebug, etc. Still haven't unpacked everything. Room is a mess. We had our classes Thursday, DH and I both took our first water color class. Our papers look like kindergarten!!! Instructor says it is just the undercoat. Whatever. Don't think anything will help! Anyway didn't get my Blog post for WOYWW until late Wednesday evening. And Maggie, you thought my desk was neat (last week)??? Most of the ones who post show their desks as a mess, so no clean desk is not required.

Brandy, thank you for Mom's adorable card! She showed it to me when I first walked in tonight. Such a sweet image and love the hugs.

I get a little break this week-end. My sister came this week-end and will take care of Mom all day tomorrow and Sunday morning. Not doing anything special, but just relaxing, maybe even craft some. \
Well anyway, Hi everyone. Hope all is okay with all of you.
you're welcome. sorry it took so long to get to her . does mom like halloween ? i would like to send a cute halloween card unless she would have a problem with it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #1399  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Mine just sit on the floor next to my chair within easy reach. I don't have room for them up on my tables. I like the big wallet. I was able to take the gray and YR markers out of it for the SF trip and just bring a variety of colors to use on my coloring.

That's handy to have then where you can take them along with some stamps.
on the floor? when I sit in my chair I can barely reach over and give the puppies a belly rub much less reach the floor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #1400  
Stampin' Fool

GM Y'all

Have a great day. check back later
Reply With Quote Likes