Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2019, 04:45 AM   #3681  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,850 Posts

Hi Susan! What sweet SWEET pictures! Tori is adorable, as is her costume!

Yes, Brock loves going to play softball. My favorite picture was the one of him waving to his adoring fans as he headed to base. ;)
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2019, 05:49 AM   #3682  
Die Cut Diva

Received 935 Likes on 856 Posts

I loved that one too. I could almost feel his enjoyment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #3683  
Die Cut Diva

Oh and thanks...we think she's kind of adorable too. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #3684  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Congratulations, Shelly!!!

I’m so excited for you!! Big hugs to mama and lots Of smiles for you, Grandma!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #3685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello again! I am finally in for the night, getting ready to settle down.
Happy belated Mother's Day to all - and grandma's and fur babies, etc!

Oh Lynn - having just had no internet for days and then no a/c for days, my thoughts are with you! I hope it's back on and you are back in this era

Cute pictures, Susan and Jeanette - the kids sure do bring us joy!

What. a. long. weekend! Even longer day today - including my ONLY car (the Jeep) breaking down. I wanted so badly to say I'M DONE but I don't get that as an option!

I'm reminding myself - only 3 more weeks until summer!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 02:08 AM   #3686  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Good morning, Inky Ladies,

Susan, I love the dance recital pictures. I can just see Tori easing on down the road with those girls!! What fun!

Shelly, I am so hopeful that your surgery went well and you will soon be able to be more active with much less pain. I know you will do everything you need to get there!! I love the sweet, sweet pics on FB of tiny Rowan and his precious family!! No one I know catches a smile like that on day one!!

Jeanette, I love the photos of Brock on the softball field, too!! What joy on his face is priceless!! I know the two of you will have a fun-filled week!

Kelly, you really, really need that car, girlfriend!! I bet that talented husband of yours has it put back together and on the road in no time. After all you do have three more weeks of back and forth to school trips ahead of you. Loved your Mother's Day pics on FB, as well.

My sister has stayed following Mother's Day to be my driver and helper until tomorrow. Clear liquid diet today and hospital test tomorrow. We ran into some amazing sales at HL yesterday and spent the rest of the day cutting into 6 by 6 squares the mountain of paper pads we bought. Today I am taking her as my helper to Christ's Kitchen, as well. The rest of the day I will spend between crafting and running to the restroom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 02:30 AM   #3687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hello

It’s early, am I the first one here? Lol, probably will never happen again!

Yes, Grandma!!!! She was 2 weeks early, water broke and delivered 22 1/2 hours later. She pushed for 2 1/2 hours, but he got in a wired position, so ended up with a C- section Friday 5/10 10:30 pm
Rowan Joseph Schmidt 😇 6#, 19”

Surgery went well, per doc, pain not horrible, sleeping in 2-3 hours portions. My SIL told me day 3 will be sore/ painful, so, we’ll see!!!

Such great pictures Susan! Tori is beautiful and friends look darling! Little Claire sound like Stephi, all engaging... ‘cept no coffee in our shoes!

Jeanette, I saw Brock’s baseball pictures on FB, he looks so happy! Love 💕 the picture of him waving at the crowd!

Oh Kelly, hope the Jeep is an easy fix and not mega expensive!!! Whoa boy! Next year will be a dream with a much closer commute!

Lynn- saw your family picture for graduation- how wonderful!!! Now , on to the real world for her. What did pup do for the day?

Ray moved part of the section out in the 3 season room so I can see birds from the window. Right now we have Orioles, grosbeaks, hummingbird, woodpeckers, robins, blue jays, cardinals, Finch, sparrows... and it is warbler migration season, so have had visits from warblers. Plus, Red Winged black birds, crackles & occasional hawk too!
The Orioles are so fun to watch, they squabble a lot.

I have an app where I enter pictures and it tells you what the bird is : ) it’s free- called Merlin

Going to try to color today laying flat & cannot twist back... we’ll how it goes. Coloring with pencils on Kraft card.

Have a great day! Thanks for all of the prayers : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 03:10 AM   #3688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hello Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

Shelly, the pictures are PRECIOUS!!! You must be over-the-moon excited... and anxious to get your hands on that bundle of joy!

Kelly, NO! How horrible that the Jeep had issues, too. Hoping it's up and running again. Counting down the days of school for you!

Lynn, I've been seeing posts on FB about the HL deals. What did you get? I wish I could pop into one, but I don't need a thing so it's best I'm not close enough to do so. LOL!

Susan... where are you? You're late to the party!

Speaking of late, I've been up since 3:55 but just now (a little after 6:00) have made it to the computer. I've been deleting lots and lots and lots of pictures from my phone.

And speaking of pictures - THANK YOU all for your sweet comments about Brock's softball photos!

Oh. my. goodness. Yesterday was rough, tough, and not stuff I want to repeat today. (Am I the only one who has days like that?) Recuperating and moving on, that's my mantra for today.

Operation Declutter - which was supposed to be all week long (DH is away this week) didn't start yesterday, which means I have to be diligent today. ;)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 04:08 AM   #3689  
Die Cut Diva

I'm up...I'm up...heeeeheeee

Lynn did I miss something? Are you having a procedure done? I know about eyes but I thought you were finished. Any good deals at HL?

I'm with you Jeanette. I have enough stuff so I want to stay out of the stores. Now if I could just have willpower to stay off of Amazon! So are you decluttering the whole house or just your craft room? Wish I could get motivated to do my craft room. I swear I need to get a friend here to help me if its ever going to get done. LOL Again I LOVED the Brock Pics. He is such a handsome fellow.

Kelly...I laugh because you said you have 3 weeks til summer, Ummmmm...you live in Florida???? Its always summer! heeheehee And want to cry for you with that jeep acting up again.:mad: Frustrating for sure. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming":lol::lol::lol:

Shelly so very glad doc said everything went well. Yes I have heard pain is worse on day 3 but I will keep faith that you will work right through it. What a lovely sight to watch with those birds. I enjoy being out on the deck watching ours too and then I get to add in the sight of deer in the yard too. Claire just loves waiting for the deer. The babies have been born and though I have not seen any yet my DH saw a momma and twins that he said were the tiniest he has seen in our 16 yrs in this house. Oh how I wish I was able to see them. Frequently during the years we have mommas and babies resting in the back yard. Being in a wooded area we see alot of wild life.
So exciting about new little one brought into your life. So glad DD and baby are doing well. Baby pics are adorable. I bet you can't wait to get that little one in your arms.

No real plans for today. I am still struggling with those tags. I mean the paper is cute but thats my problem. I'm more of a distressed, vintage, Tim Holtz, Victorian, Graphic 45 kind of gal and these cutesy snowmen and kid images are hard. I have 19 tags done from 1/2 of the pack and I really want to just hand the rest of the papers over to the kids. Ughhhhh

Another sunny day! YAY! Maybe spring is here?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 06:17 AM   #3690  
Die Cut Diva

PS Lynn.......love your new profile pic on your blog. Or maybe I haven't paid attention either way I like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #3691  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

FIRST THINGS FIRST ......

the CUTEST! OH Shelly, I'm so excited for you and sweet baby Rowan! I can imagine you must be anxious to hold the wee one! Best of hugs and love to you and the family! I hope you are RESTING - probably not anymore than I would be, lol.

Oh Susan, thank you! I needed to hear that. Between Saturday's flat tire (and being stuck alone - AAA guy showed up and I wanted to crawl back in - creeeeeeeepy!) and then it broke down yesterday. Truth is - I need to sell it. I hope that we can figure out what to do - it's BROKE ... dh thinks he knows, but he's not a mechanic (well, he kinda is now ... lol!) Plan: Put in on the market (cry, cry) and put the $ towards a new-er one because our SUV is broken as well and maybe think of trading them both in. I don't know ..... I try not to think about it and just wait for Tony to let me know!

Hi Jeanette! I hope you and Brock are enjoying the time of mom and boy time! I think tomorrow is McDonald's - right?

Lynn - I must have missed your goodies! I was at Hobby Lobby this morning (went with my daughter, she wanted Panera, right next store so I popped in for flowers so I can get your sister's challenge card done!) Nothing on sale at ours - but I think that was a sign, lol!

I have been purging and selling and listing a lot of my non-used stamps and supplies and doing well so far! I started using Varage-sale - and one lady picked up some craft things locally (including a scrapbook wire shelf - like the ones in the scrapbook stores that hold the 12 x 12 paper) I know in my heart I will never have a craft room again and LOVE spending my hours with Alice, so I am purging, donating, selling! I made a wonderful $58 in one afternoon! And quickly sent it right over to the Scout account for my son, lol. In one hand - out of another! He leaves in 3ish weeks and I have another little bit to go - he's done AMAZING! Each time he had an event, or volunteered, or sold camp cards, etc - it went to his account. YAY!

Okay, time to head on out for the commute ..........

big hugs!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Last edited by MiamiKel4; 05-14-2019 at 09:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #3692  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

What!?!?!? Tomorrow is Saturday? Please say it isn't so!!! I still have too much to do this week for it to already be nearly Saturday!

J/K

Kelly, Brock's McD/DQ day is Saturdays. Wednesdays are DH and my lunch date - BUT we NEVER go to McD (or DQ either)... besides he's ditched me this week. He's in Detroit. I'm still debating whether I'll take myself out to lunch tomorrow or if I'll forgo that treat.

Saturday Brock and I will be out-of-town. EEK! I have a very important meeting and since DH is gone, Brock has to go with me. I sure hope he behaves! We'll leave Friday afternoon; already have our hotel reservation. Brock will love swimming.

Susan, well, I'm sort of decluttering all over the house. I'm a glutton for punishment. Kitchen pantry. Clothes closets/drawers. Desk drawers. File cabinets (we have papers from years ago just taking up space).

AND... the biggie... my entire Play Room. I won't - CAN'T - get the Play Room finished this week, but DH and our DD are going on a trip to Prince Edward Island and some other places in June... they'll be gone for 9 days or so (they're driving)... so I can hopefully finish up then.

YAY! DD is arriving here on June 4th!! Of course, DH, Brock and I leave for Birmingham on June 8th (for our national convention) but still... she will be coming on June 4th!!!

Oh and did I tell you that I changed the name of my room? It has been my Working Studio since we moved here... but when I re-did my blog a couple of months ago, I decided to rename my room. Since my blog is Cre8tive Play, it just seems like my room should be my Play Room. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #3693  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette my vote is to treat yourself tomorrow anyway. A trip with Brock, well that sounds like it could be fun. I would use the swimming as a bribe to be good. lol If you behave you can swim later. It sort of works with the grands. Sometimes? lol.
Play Room is a great name. I like it alot more than Working Studio.
Keep purging......I'm trying but failing. Every where I go for 2 seconds I hear "Ama....are (where) you?" Never get a thing done. Got some dies picked up and put back where they belong while she colored on my desk. Literally. Ugggghhh..good thing crayon comes off with lemon oil. Kids!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 02:39 AM   #3694  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 AM   #3695  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ummmm... Susan, that would be a disastrous situation to try to bribe Brock with the swimming. LOL! He's autistic, you know... so routines are extremely important. He ALWAYS goes swimming when we stay in a hotel - we make sure to get hotels that have indoor pools. So, if he didn't get to go swimming he would get very VERY stubborn and would not budge to go to bed, or take his shower, or do anything but stand at the door, waiting to go to said pool All I would accomplish with that kind of bribe would be to punish myself. LOL!

Your partner-in-craft (or is it crime?) is adorable... and yes, crayon does come off. ;)

I accomplished so much yesterday; I am kind of excited. I have 12 things marked off my To Do While He's Gone list and only 4 more to go. Now before you get too excited about that, the 12 I did were the easiest/fastest ones. LOL!

I also managed to make three very VERY simple cards yesterday. Woo Hoo!

Operation De-Clutter continues today (with a possible lunch date with myself mid-day).
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 04:06 AM   #3696  
Die Cut Diva

Ugggghhh...I keep forgetting "Routines". You'd think I'd remember with having 3 autisic boys in our family. The 23 yr old twins are way more stubborn than the 3 yrs old. lol
Yay on decluttering! Every "Little" bit helps. I might actually declutter 1 item today. My Big Shot Plus. Hardly ever used but my achey hands can't handle the cranking and I now have Geminis so I think it's time to part. One of my friends want's to test drive it to see how hard the crank is but she may be taking it.
Oh how I wish we lived closer then I would have joined you for a lunch date.

Shelly hope your doing well. If the pain is not too bad then sit back and enjoy your bird view. It's going to be a sunny day so enjoy it if you can.

Kelly trading in seems like a great idea. Good heavens girl you can't live with "No" car! I mean how would you get to BUX???? The horror!!! lol

Lynn everything ok out by you. Rains stop? I really don't pay close attention to the news though I should. Doing anything fun? Have you cut those self healing mats? i bought 2 but need to cut and haven't yet. If you did cut yours what did you use and how do you soften the rough cut edges?

Going to try more organizing today if Claire will let me lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 04:14 AM   #3697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, I do tell Brock I'm more stubborn than he is, but good golly, when he gets in a stubborn mood, he wins hands down. ;)

I am thinking your friend will want the Big Shot after the test drive. If not, someone will.

You do have a point about Kelly... she needs a vehicle. I don't think they do walk-ups at the Starbucks drive through.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 AM   #3698  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly may just invent The first Walk-up Starbucks! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #3699  
Die Cut Diva

Soooooooo....Jeanette what was on the lunch menu
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #3700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hello!
I have been sleeping most of the day away today- a little rough pain, but tomorrow will be better...!!!
I woke up in the middle of the night- 3:15 wide awake (did that the night before as well). It was not time for pain med, so I stayed up and did a distraction- I made a card...... I enjoyed it, not too hard either. I stood up for a couple of parts- cutting a die and fussy cutting. Felt so good.
But, I dropped a Big Shot cutting plate and it woke up hubby- he came charging in and was relieved it was not me or anything important (BTW, I would make a much louder thud than that...). He has a crazy day today and tomorrow, so I felt bad I woke him up. I cannot bend over to pick things up, so he picked it up, and went to the dark basement to lay down for the rest of the night. I came down when it was time for meds and slept on the couch.

How exciting, huh?

Lynn- colonoscopy? So nice that you had some time to spend with your sister. I too stay away from the stores, I have too much stuff.

Kelly- maybe rollerblading lane at Starbucks- instead of a walk up : ) That would be cute.

Susan, I love tags, but never get too many made.

Jeanette- hoping you are getting destashing done! We have been doing that a tiny bit- need to get more serious about it!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #3701  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey hey!!

Guess who has a .......... JEEP!!

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

My honey got me back up up and running! He found the issue, diagnosed the problem, bought the parts and spent the day getting me back on my wheels! Love him so much ♥

Oh it sounds like Jeanette is coming and going - and Brock is swimming! I'm smiling at the 'stubborn' part! My niece, who has Aspergers, is very open and joyful but man oh man, if she gets something stuck in her head, it's hard to get around it! She'll wait, but will remind and remind and remind, LOL!

LONG day here and my eyeballs are starting to close ............

so waving to all and hoping Lynn is doing well and Shelly is SITTING STILL!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #3702  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good evening ladies!

Susan, I went to my favorite place in our little town to eat - a local pizza place. The owner started working there when he was a teen and when it sold years later, he bought it. The decor is nonexistent and the building could use some repair, but the food is delicious and the people friendly. They have a lunch buffet that includes pizza and salad. Yum!

Shelly, it's so good to see you. You are amazing, waking in the night and distracting yourself from the pain by crafting. Now about DH. LOL! That's funny in hindsight, right?

Kelly, YAY! So glad that your DH has you on the road again.... in your fun wheely-popping, spinning and speeding Jeep. ;)

Lynn, where are you???????

I'm worn out. Is it bedtime yet?

I marked 3 things off my To Do list today - only one more thing to go but it's a BIGGIE. That's okay, I have all day tomorrow that I can work on it.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 03:08 AM   #3703  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 05:11 AM   #3704  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am back and all is good in my world!!

Yes, Shelly, and the doc says no need for another for 10 years!! That was so thrilling for me to hear!

I loved catching up on everyone's excitement!! New babies, fixed jeeps, and plenty of crafting by all (including Shelly, yea!)!!!

Hope to come back home after breakfast with friends and do some craft space organizing. It seems I always find some changes that need to happen!

Happy Thursday, all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2019, 09:16 AM   #3705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Lynn! You found the breadcrumbs and made your way back! You must have tracked the pizza that Jeanette dropped from her buffet!

LOL on the 'bux ..... I tweeted out once about my awesome-sauce barista in the Starbucks drive-thru and a guy in the United Kingdom said "You have drive through Starbucks?! How can this be!" Somehow I pictured his voice like Sean Connery in 007, raised eyebrow, 'tis a mystery indeed!" LOL!!!

Shel-belle! I'm glad your dh came running so fast but glad it WAS just a plate - whew!
I know you must be so anxious as to when you're going to snuggle with little Rowan - did you say when you'll be well enough or did I miss it?

Susan, what crafts are in your weekend?

My son has his BIG drama banquet this weekend - dressed to the 9's. The theme is Oscar winning Hollywood movies. Originally he said he was going as Forest Gump ....
I said Forest Gump? Tom Hanks? How do I dress you as Tom Hanks? He said "No! I want to be the box of chocolates!" ROFL!!!

I can't with this kid.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 03:09 AM   #3706  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY! Lynn is back... pizza crumb trail or whatever - I'm so glad you're here! We missed you!

Kelly, maybe your DS wants to be the box of chocolates because the girls all love him so it would be a perfect outfit. ;)

FYI - Brock and I are leaving today - going out of town for a couple of days (I have a meeting). So, you'll likely not see me again until Monday (unless I pop in again later this morning.) Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 06:10 AM   #3707  
Die Cut Diva

Safe travels Jeanette and enoy non meeting time with Brock. All work no play makes for a boring stay. heeheehee

Yay Lynns back and wanting to dig into that craft room with friends. I wish someone would come here and help me lol.

Shelly glad your feeling well enough to craft. Funny little scare to DH though.

Kelly...Alice is growing so fast! Pretty soon she'll be talking your ears off. Claire never stops! lol

This weekend helping DIL make 2 explosion boxes for graduations she is attending. Then back to work on my Harry Potter book for Tori which needs to be done by Wednesday. Also need to get her Harry Potter tie throw done too. Yikes....time is running out.

I'll check back later
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #3708  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope Jeanette and Brock have a grand adventure at the meeting!! Blessings to you both!

Susan, you amaze me with your adventurous crafting!! Explosion boxes would have my head exploding trying to figure it all out!! Tori is going to be the best Harry Potter ever with you at the helm of her costume making!!

Today I am busy wrapping empty boxes as bright, colorful birthday packages for a church luncheon on Sunday. It is the PW annual Birthday Luncheon and installation of officers for the upcoming year.

Kelly, I know you will have your son looking like the most luscious box of chocolates for his end of year banquet. I'm hoping he won't have to stand up to eat!! LOL!!

Prayers for continued pain relief and healing for you, Shelly!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 06:40 AM   #3709  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all!

Safe travels Jeanette!

Susan -what's the Harry Potter book/theme for? I must have missed that ........ but I am sure it's going to be super! I think I'm one of the few people that hasn't read past the first book!

Lynn - Hello! What's on the plans for the weekend?

Shelly - feeling better? Or are you sitting still, would be a better question! LOL!
You must be so excited with Rowan - I'm sure you are face timing up a storm!

We are getting settled for a little bit and I've been cleaning and still listing stamps for sale ~ getting rid of the old, hopefully in with the new (if absolutely needed, lol)

Yesterday we 'farmed' and sold some lychees (blech!) I LOVE me some fruits and veggies but not a fan of lychees but we have a gorgeous tree out front and it gave a harvest this year (off one year, on the next!) and people started pulling up in our driveway and just taking bags of fruit off the tree - yes, from our front yard! I really didn't mind until the neighbor chased a man off who showed up with a truck and a ladder! Not a single person asked - they just help themselves. It's Miami!

So we got smart and started a little fruit stand and sold fruit for 2 hours yesterday in the blazing sun and blistering heat! For all the farmers out there in the fields for hours upon hours in this heat - *** RESPECT!! *** Little guy made a nice bundle and he's putting it towards his cost of Boy Scout camp - due this week! Eeep!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #3710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Day 5 was good- taking it easy today because we have a wedding shower tomorrow afternoon. My sisters are coming for dinner to check on me, I had Cod in the freezer, so they made all of the rest of the meal. Yum!
I did a tiny bit of coloring with pencils- working on Unity ATC's for the month. Slow, but getting it done!
We are heading to Colorado June 12th- it cannot get here soon enough!

Kelly- I am not a fan of Lychees either..... They are very common on China (first time I was introduced to them). All I know is don't eat too many of them : ) I cannot believe that people would pull up and take fruit off a tree in someone's yard! WOW!

Jeanette- safe travels! Hope Brock loves his swimming pool time! I am guessing that while hubby is away, you get rid of stuff. LOL Ray would like to do that to me- sewing and stamping stuff. Nope.

Susan- not one exploding box but two? You are ambitious! I love those! I have a friend that used to live in London, she brought me home a sewing box that was done in fabric by Liberty of London in the style of an exploding box!

Sitting still- not for long. I am only supposed to sit for 20 minutes, then up. They want to me walk every day- and add a little more distance daily. I am only up to about 6000 steps daily, so have a ways to go, but definitely feel better when I move!

Lynn- yeah for 10 years!!! I have to have a repeat next year already- a 3 year repeat. What a nice touch for the party at church to have boxes wrapped in cheery bright colors!

Hope you all have a fab weekend!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2019, 04:42 AM   #3711  
Die Cut Diva

Busy Saturday.....But I'll manage heeheehee.

Shelly I love making exploding boxes. They are so easy/cute and people are really impressed. Your fabric one sounds amazing! I have never seen one outside of paper.
Wow for someone who had surgery and has over 6000 steps a day ..... you are AMAZING! I swear I barely get 3000 when I stay home. Maybe my steps aren't registering right. I am definately not sitting long with Claire Bear here but never have big step totals.

Kelly my Harry Potter Book is a 6x9 interactive Mini Album that I'm making for Tori as an added little gift for her Birthday wednesday. She (as well as DIL) is obsessed with Harry Potter. She reads a book then watches the movie, next book read and then next movie etc. I think she has 2 more to go. I too have NEVER gotten into Harry Potter. Never even read a book jacket. lol and movies??? Nope not 1. So let me tell ya doing this book is not easy since I don't understand a single image or saying. Anyway the album has bookmarks tucked into pockets, little (actually tiny only 1x1.5 maybe?) pull out booklets that I made. Lets see... small doodling pad, Hogwarts maps, spells, train tickets, trivia, and so on and so on. Very time consuming but pretty cute for something I don't understand. lol
Yay for your roadside farming...Boo for Lychees. Boy you have some very bold people down there. I would never feel comfortable just walking up to someones tree in their yard and picking up fallen pinecones yet alone walking up and pick fruit off the tree. Geeezzzz

Lynn are you getting some crafting done?

Jeanette hope the meetings aren't too boring and I bet Brock is really enjoying that pool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #3712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all! Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful day!

Oh wow, Susan - what a nice gift for the HP fan! Are you using designer paper and stamped images? I can't wait to see the finished product and hope we get a peek

Lynn, I hope your luncheon goes well and all the new officers feel warmed and welcomed in their new roles by your loving spirit as well as the church!

Last night was the big banquet/dance ...... he had a great time. He gave me some grief about taking his picture "are you putting this on social media!!!!' Noooooo. no. not at all. LOL! So I won't. But he looked so grown up.

AND, he went as................. himself. Not sure what happened with all the friends - one mom nixed her son from going as his character and it snowballed. Normally my son has ZERO issues being 'the cheese stands alone' but decided, quite last minute, just throw on his suit from his sister's wedding and call it a night! I did, however, laugh that when I dropped him off, not one ...... not two ..... but THREE girls were all giggling outside and waiting for him. Hmmmm.

Waving to Shelly who must be dreaming of a new grandson to hold! And Jeanette, not sure when you return, but I'm sure you would rather not be a meetings

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 06:19 AM   #3713  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly I will definately share. The album is all papercraft. No Stamping but die cutting, pockets, tags, recipe cards etc. Oh and Glitter....lol

Working with DIL today on second grad explosion box. Monday night family dinner has been moved to Wednesday since Wednesday is Toris actual birthday and we will be having her choice of food. Not sure yet what she will choose.

Shelly hope your still "Chillin'".

Lynn have you been keeping busy?

Jeanette you should be home soon. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Hoping Brock enjoyed his swim time too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #3714  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi ladies,
After sisters were here and made dinner on Friday, I slept alot night and Sat AM, so apparently my body needed rest. I went to the wedding shower Saturday afternoon thinking -well, I am well rested. Glad I did (one of Chris' best friend from growing up) it was great to visit and get out. We watched TV last night, then bed- and slept most of the day today on/off. No outings planned again until Tues doc appt.

We Facetimed with Chris, Kayla and the baby today- Chris had just changed a diaper and the baby wet the new one before he even had the new diaper on- and I guess the change was a big, up your back load- he was so grouchy! LOL I told him he did the same thing when he was little- not helpful but funny.

Kelly- that 'Little Man' is quite the character! I love hearing stories about him! He has to have an inside view of what women want and all having a house full of girls! LOL School year is almost over, and your tired are going to cool down....and you may have to find something to do with your summer/time!!!

Susan- I sure hope you take pictures of all of the explosion boxes and HP book too! All of my kids read all of the books!
When the first HP book came out, it was released in London before the USA. My son was given the book by someone who had traveled to London. I did not prescreen it- he took it to school, and the librarian called me- she wanted to keep it overnight. I thought I was in big trouble, but she had heard of the series and wanted to read it! He got it right back (thankfully it was OK). I fell asleep each time I started to read the books, so never made it through book 1, and have not read any of the books. I did find the entire set for Katie's classroom library at a garage sale- $1.00 per book and they are hardcover!

Lynn- how poetically Kelly described your luncheon with your beautiful decorations! Now you need a day off to stamp or sleep in the recliner! LOL

Jeanette, hope you had smooth travels and a good schedule for some rest when you get home from the meeting. We have had some wicked storms including big hail so hoping you did not have any of that on the road!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2019, 02:59 AM   #3715  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Today is actually going to be an exciting day at our house - we'll be celebrating Brock. It's his birthday!

Lynn, since you're experienced now - after wrapping those brightly colored gifts - can you come help me wrap Brock's many MANY presents today???

Oh Kelly - I wish I lived close! I'd have bought some of your lychees. I'd never had them - honestly had never even heard of them until I went to Thailand the first time - but I did find them quite delicious. Since you don't, I'm glad you were able to sell them and bring smiles to others while bringing money to your home.

Shelly, it sounds like you are doing very well... and even coloring. I'm impressed. And what fun that you got to "see" that sweet wee one, via facetime. I'm sure you're anxiously waiting to see him IRL!

Susan, I am home. The trip went smoothly; the meeting was great! DH arrived in our hotel room just after midnight Friday night - Brock and I were sleeping but the front desk knew he was coming and gave him a key. That saved an extra hotel bill since we shared one plus I didn't have to take Brock with me to any of the meeting. So it worked well - except there were a few ladies at the meeting that were disappointed that they didn't get to see and/or meet Brock. (He's quite popular.)

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 AM   #3716  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette how awesome that the ladies wanted to meet Brock. He's such a "Ladies Man"! wink wink How nice that DH showed up in the nick of time and could stay with Brock making the meetings easier. Welcome home.

Shelly you seem to be doing great. How nice that sisters came by and cooked for you. And look at you "Partying" the weekend away! lol

Kelly wished we could have seen little man all "Duded" up. He definately keeps you on your toes.

Lynn seems you've been keeping busy. Don't know where you get all your energy. Can I have some of your "Pep Pills" lol

Here are the 2 explosion boxes. Black and Orange is very basic and Red and Blue has multiple layers. Most of the layers have Photos of the graduate.

I designed and DIL assembled. The Graduates are going to be very impressed.

Today I'm trying to organize dies onto magnetic sheets. I bought some clear envelope pouchs to slide them in so hopefully it works out ok.

Have a great day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #3717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, your explosion boxes look great! Good luck with organizing!

Yep, Brock is a ladies man. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2019, 03:00 AM   #3718  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #3719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Taco Tuesday - and YES! That's what's on the menu! Not for me ...

Little man has tech rehearsal tonight at his school for the young drama kids (6th grade) and is pulling a late night.
Wish it was a 'break day' for me but Alice is either teething or starting to get grumpy becuase WOW! Mama is doing a great job but she wants Oma :( And who am I to say no!

She just took her for a nap so I'm rushing to get a few things done (like the kitchen, laundry, ironing, pay bills, get to the bank, mop the floor!)

I missed my 'Bux this am as the line was 28+ cars long (accident this am pushed traffic to a halt, so turning, sideroads and drive throughs were wicked!)
THE. HORROR. Now my head is feeling is and I've had 2 kcups since I got home but yeah - not the same!

Sounds like the Cloyd family has hotel-ing down to an art! I'm glad Brock didn't have to go to the 'boring' meetings

SUSAN! Yo girl - you make me look bad as I can barely get a CAS card done, LOL! Those are AMAZING!!! You are the queen of fancy folds and fun technique cards! Love it!

Shelly and Lynn - hello!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2019, 02:53 AM   #3720  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shucks! I missed Taco Tuesday at Kelly's house...... sounds delicious to me! I had veggies (green beans, seasoned carrots, and fried cabbage). The guys also had roast and baked potatoes but I wasn't in the mood for that. ;)

Waving to all the quiet ones (hhhhmmmmmmm... can we call Susan quiet???).

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes