Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2018, 04:29 AM   #1801  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,850 Posts

Good Morning Paper-Loving Inky Friends!

I hope "ewe" have a great day!

Did you see.... DID YOU SEE??? I did it... very very poorly. Like I said, I'm the comedy routine of the team. BUT... I do love being on stage so that's a win for me. ;)

Lynn is missing? I didn't see her on stage, but she isn't here either. Lynn, where oh where are you!

Kelly's busy and we're missing her, too!

And now Susan is gone, too? Sadness. Who will make me giggle now?

I guess that's up to you, Shelly!

I love you gals!!!

Okay, this is my one-day pop in. I'm leaving within a couple of hours for another 2-day trip. This one is to our state convention office (the same area I was the last trip) for Board Committee meetings. I'll see you all again on Wednesday (for a couple of days before I leave again for another 2-day trip). ;)

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2018, 04:30 AM   #1802  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Whew! Susan is back!!! YAY!!! What fun to find treasures! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2018, 04:32 AM   #1803  
Die Cut Diva

Received 935 Likes on 856 Posts

Boy oh boy!!! And everyone says "I" have energy? Jeanette....you need to slow down ...we can't keep up with you! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2018, 04:46 AM   #1804  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

LOL! Susan, this is my busy season... February through May. So... it's trip after trip after trip. You'll see, just hang around!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #1805  
Die Cut Diva

Its only Tuesday???? OMG I feel like it should be the end of the week! LOL Had a migraine this morning but lucky for me my "Super Pills" knocked it out. Unfortunately they make me very very sleepy and right now all I want to do is nap. Claire is finally down for her morning nap and I'm zipping through emails before resting my head. Still haven't gotten the G45 cards done that I started last week. Boy oh boy I have got to get motivated! Instead I find I can browse Pinterest forever! heehee.

Waving Hi to all. I'll check back in later....right now I really need to nap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #1806  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Hi, Susan! It looks like we are home along!! I still keeping my Gemini in the box until you have all the kinks worked out with yours and can let me know how it works!

I tried to work in a nap this afternoon, too, but it didn't pan out.

Now I am off Walmart for birdseed and coffee creamer. Later this evening I am going out to the park to take in a University of Houston-Victoria baseball game.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 12:54 PM   #1807  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn!! Your suppose to have already had that Gemini out of the box and up and working!!! Mine might get out on thursday if the kids stay with their dad who took the day off of work to give me a break. So sweet of him. Made Unicorn pasta today with Tori. What a mess and it doesn't quite turn out like Pinterest said it would but close enough. lol Boil purple cabbage then use that water to cook cellophane noodles which turns them purple. Drain and squeeze lime juice over purple noodles and you were suppose to get pink and blue mixed in with the purple. Well she got the pink but added too much juice so now they are mostly pinkish but we added cut up cabbage to it and created a side dish for their dinner tonight. lucky lime juice not very strong after adding butter and seasoning. She had fun doing it tho and I of course had alot of fun cleaning up all the dishes. lol

Got my nap in (Yay). Beautiful day here today 58 and sunny. Too bad most of it I spent napping with headache or chasing the baby around. Oh well there's always spring...which Im sure Lynn you already have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #1808  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Hi friends ~ I'm still here ♥

Thank you for thinking of me and reaching out and praying most of all! Please know that I am so humbled and grateful and blessed by each of you praying for me in my silence. I'm trying to adjust to life as a 'new normal' and really, REALLY appreciated so much the love and messages of prayer from each of you - I felt it in my heart!

I'm coming back up for air. I am far behind but giggled at the few posts above with unicorn pasta and geminis stuck in boxes. you silly ladies have made me smile when I thought my smile was lost! I love you!

The world out there is a huge ocean - but that's okay! I'm not sinking - God is a bigger boat and I'll weather the storm. I am just learning to adjust my sails

Hugs and hugs and MORE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #1809  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Kelly!! It is so very good to hear your sweet voice! My heart and prayers are with you everyday! Sometimes life can be so unbelievably hard. HUGE hugs!!!!!

That unicorn pasta looks beautiful!! Ama is so much fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #1810  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly so glad to hear from you. We are a family here and when 1 hurts we all hurt. Love and hugs kiddo.

Unicorns might be pooping tomorrow! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2018, 02:59 AM   #1811  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

YAY! Kelly popped in... Hi friend! We've missed you! I loved the statement about the world being a big ocean and not sinking.

Susan, what a beautiful smile on Tori's face... it looks like she thought the Unicorn Pasta was a success!

Lynn, hmmmmm... I drink coffee with my creamer. I didn't know I was supposed to add birdseed. :rolleyes: Truthfully, I'm not sure I'll give that a try.

Shelly, oh Shelly.... where are you?

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2018, 04:15 AM   #1812  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Jeanette!!! Glad you were able to pop in!
Kelly super happy to see you pop in too. "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming". Luv ya.

Lynn how was that baseball game? Boy you sure do have alot of activities in your life. Wish I could be that active. Clogging, baseball etc.

No real plans today tho the kids and I may be making Unicorn poop after school. We are trying all these out to see what qualifies for the big birthday party in May. lol We need to test out a few diabetic versions too for 1 of the little girls coming is diabetic and we want her to feel included.

Shelly what are you and your mom up to?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2018, 04:39 AM   #1813  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, the unicorns are invading your home... in fun ways! Enjoy!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2018, 02:47 AM   #1814  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Can you believe it? It's already March! WOW!
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2018, 05:01 AM   #1815  
Die Cut Diva

Well no "Pink Fluffy Unicorns...Riding on Rainbows" yesterday. Poor Tori had alot of homework and she needed to complete it before dinner since it was a CCD night. Maybe we'll work on something next week.

Super gloomy here and with no kids I am really going to try and drag out the Gemini box and my impossible to cut right Anna Griffin Dies. Wish me luck! lol. We also have our appt with our CPA for taxes to be done tonight at 6. What a dumb time but the original appt was for Saturday and I'm going to the Stamp show in Rockford. No way I was cancelling my fun outing with friends! Sunday I'm going with Tori and DIL to see the play Mary Poppins put on by our local H.S. I love the H.S.plays and our school always do such a fantastic job. Sure hope I don't start "Chim Chimoring" away with the cast! LOL This is my all time favorite movie! My poor son had to endure me singing constantely. At the park I'm singing "Feed the Birds" or when we really did take him to the forest preserves to kite fly....yep I was singing "Lets go fly a Kite". And "A spoon full of sugar" really did help the medicine go done because he would open his mouth and take it right away just to get me to stop singing. LOL Didn't work.....I'd keep on singing. I'm also a big fan of "Singing in the Rain". Yep I'd sing that when it was raining out and every morning to get him out of bed for school I'd sing the Iconic Debbie Rynolds and Gene Kelly's "Good Morning" song. OMG such funny memories right now! He still hates when I sing that song and says I'm torturing his kids when I do:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. DIL says she'll try to control my singing obsession at the play! Maybe I can "Whisper sing"? heehee

Well ladies have a great day. Hey has anyone seen the new movie out right now "Peter Rabbit"? It looks so darn cute. I want to take the grandkids if I can squeeze it in. Jeanette does Brock like movies?

Ok done here for now
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2018, 05:13 AM   #1816  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, it is gloomy here too, weather-wise - but your post has brought joy to my heart! I love that you get to have some fun with friends in Rockford... I hope you have a great time! And enjoy the HS play, too. Having planned to be a HS Speech/Theatre teacher (that's my degree) I love Love LOVE that you support the HS theatre department! I, too, love the music of Mary Poppins, even though I am not a fan of the character Mary Poppins. My DD always thought I was a hoot... she loved watching the movie. I personally think Mary Poppins is mean. So, there you have it. You will probably boot me to the curb now. ;)

Brock LOVES going to the movies! He looks forward to the annual Christmas day movie adventure and talks about it for a month before it happens. AND he is always excited to go to a movie with his dad. (I never go to the movies.) BUT... I do have to say, the reason he most loves the movies is the POPCORN! He eats plenty of it!!!

I also think it's funny to hear what caught his attention in the movie he saw (remember, I didn't see it, so the conversations are a bit one-sided). When they get home I'll ask him what happened in the movie. One time (I forget which movie it was) he said they "peed in the bathroom". I looked at DH for clarification and he was trying to hide laughter. Apparently there was a VERY brief scene with two men talking at a urinal in the men's bathroom. Hmmmm... interesting that is the one bit of information that stuck out most to Brock in the movie.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2018, 05:37 AM   #1817  
Die Cut Diva

OMG...Jeanette I'm Laughing my Butt off!! I can just imagine seeing Brock coming in and telling you about the guys peeing in the bathroom. I once asked Bryce (when they returned from the Minion movie) "how was it?" And he answers "He farted!" I'm like...what????lol I love these kinds of stories. heehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #1818  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi!

Hello ladies! Popping in to say hello, then have to get to bed!

I had my physical this morning, came home, made Mom lunch and then took her to the cardiologist. (She needs a tune up..LOL).
Home- talked to sis on the phone, then dinner, hair coloring and a card & ATC.

Kelly- Big Hugs and tons of prayers for your storm to remain as calm as possible, and for Gods will. We will pray for you at adoration tomorrow!

Lynn- I hope all is well with birdseed and coffee- sounds like the perfect combo. We get such a kick out of watching the birds!

Susan- I have to say- I have never heard of Unicorn pasta, and how awesome it changes colors when you squeeze lime on it. And, what, may I ask, is Unicorn poop!

Jeanette- off and running! I love the Brock story after the movie. Do you watch movies at home, or just do not like them at all? What about old classics?

My favorite is The Sound of Music not sure why. I love the scene with the kids playing in the trees dressed in old curtains, and the boat scene. And of course, when they are dancing and are so attracted to each other.....: )

I have ESL tomorrow and have to get an oil change, adoration at 3 and then work on ATC's for Saturday- theme is Owls.

I teasingly tell Ray he talks to Alexa more than me....so last night I was in a silly mood when I headed to bed, so I told Alexa to remind him at 8:30 to stop picking his nose. It caught him off guard and he had a good laugh. Well, she just alerted me not to fart so loud I wake up my mother..... I guess I will quickly have to think of something else before I go to bed here, cannot let him get off that easy.

I am also going to Rockford Susan, but not until Sunday. A couple of the ATC ladies are also going. It is also only 20 minutes from my sisters, and I will drop off my mother for the week- Monday we head out! I have a friend who is there this week and next as well- she said it is cold there. Cannot be as chilly as here I do not think.

Alright- toodles- love ya'll!!!

Oh wait- it is all Ya'll

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2018, 03:36 AM   #1819  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Since I'm leaving in a couple of hours
and won't be home until tomorrow night
(and normally take a break from the computer on Sundays),
let me be the first to say...

Susan, it sure sounds like your Bryce and my Brock keep us entertained. ;)

Shelly, it's almost time for yours/Ray's big adventure. Enjoy the show in Rockford... and have a wonderful trip!

I actually don't watch movies at home either - I don't watch TV. I gave it up in 1999 when we had three young children and I took on a very time-consuming volunteer position for four years. I knew something had to give and TV was the logical thing to go. When the four years were over, I discovered I hadn't really missed it so I never started watching it again. I used to love to go to the movies - but being a theatre major in college, I always noticed the technical things and would want to talk about them when I got home, which drove my DH crazy. So for peace in the family (just kidding) I quit going. Actually, it was kind of nice when he'd take the kids and go because I'd have a VERY rare opportunity to have the house to myself. I still went to the movies occasionally with them, but not every time. Once they grew up, I quit going completely.

I did have a movie I was going to go see this month - I Can Only Imagine... but instead I had the opportunity to see it in a reshowing in January. That's my favorite hymn... and the movie is great! I also wanted to see Mully a few months ago, but didn't make it. But now the DVD is sitting on my desk waiting for me to see it. Our state director sent it to her advisory committee for our viewing. We'll be discussing aspects of it at our next advisory committee meeting.

Sorry, that was all TMI, I'm sure.

For now I'm out of here... I'll see you all on Monday!

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #1820  
Die Cut Diva

Well it looks like I missed saying goodbye to Jeanette and I'll miss saying Hello to Shelly. Would have been great if you were able to make Rockford on Saturday but maybe next time!

Ok so Unicorn poop (which we did not have time to make) is actually meringue's that are multi colored swirls. LOL they're actually more cute than gross. If this were Bryce's birthday I'd have to make chocolate ones cuz he'd like them to look like poop!

Excited for tomorrow and upset over yesterdays unboxing of my Gemini. It seems I had ordered and recieved the one for fabric. Not that there is a difference in the machine but rather you do not get the embossing mat or the magnetic shim. Which is needed for the paper cutting. So my "Deal" ended up costing me an additional $30 on Amazon. Consumer Crafts where I ordered it would have taken it back but I had to pay for shipping wrong one back and then add additional shipping to correct one to be sent. THAT IS NUTS!! Cheaper to just order the needed plates. Oy Vay! So now I have to wait til they come in.

Well I doubt that I'll be on here tomorrow so....................have a great weekend and I'll tell ya if I find anything awesome at the show!

Hi Lynn...............Hugs Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #1821  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Like Brock, I ,too, go to the movies for the popcorn!! It doesn't count as entertainment without a big tub of buttered popcorn. Sadly, none of the movies released in the last month or two held no appeal for me. The only store in town that rented movies closed over a year ago so I guess I need to jump on the Netflix bandwagon if I want to see movies that I enjoy. Jeanette, since you travel so much, do you listen to books on CD? I do! It sure makes the miles go by faster for me.

Looks like I will be coming in last place again at our family Oscar party. The only movie I saw was The Greatest Showman and it will only be winning for original song, I predict. All my other choices will have to be made with the dart board method since I know little to nothing about them.

Susan, your Gemini adventure had me running to finally open up my box to see just what I had purchased. Mine must be the paper version as I have all the correct mats.
I think the unicorn poop sounds divine!!

I have been shopping like crazy these past few days. I am a bargain shopper, as you know, and have gotten most of my Christmas knocked out for this year as well as a few birthdays!! Going back this morning for one more London Fog raincoat and one overcoat.

Have a safe and wonderful trip, Shelly!

A warm hug and prayer for our sweet Kelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #1822  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Lynn, if I bought presents this early, I would either forget about them or forget WHERE I put them! LOL If I tell Ray where I put them, he will make a notepad file and he can tell me...... But Way to go!!!

Such a gorgeous day! Susan, I hope you and your friends left something for us to buy tomorrow! I need nothing.....but you never know, I may need something that I am unaware of at this moment......

I am taking a break from doing laundry and thinking about getting to bed as soon as the wash gets into the dryer : )

If anyone has a chance, the artist that drew Peanut has entered his picture in the Dick Blick Pet Portrait contest- please vote! 3/4 is the last day! It was drawn by Dina Kowel from SCS!
https://wyng.io/Jj3TJj

Link to vote above

Thanls
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2018, 04:14 AM   #1823  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I've been voting everyday, Shelly!! I sure hope Dina's amazing portrait of Peanut wins!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2018, 05:12 AM   #1824  
Die Cut Diva

Hmmmm Shelly....might have left you a tad bit of paper but I gobbled up everything else! Just Kidding. The event was alot of fun got there at 9:30 ...doors opened at 10 and we did not walk out the doors until 4:22 exactly! My feet were killing me! I swear I spent nearly an hour in the Tim Holtz booth. Didn't buy a lot but spent alot of time looking at all the cool stuff and trying to figure out what our groups next project will be. Think we decided on a giant wooden tag. You know....just one of those Bizaar Tim "Holtzyyy" tag that is not a holiday, seasonal or celebration tag but just a TAG. Does that make sense? Any way bout a few sheet of Authentique papers (nope...didn't need them but what the heck) I think the only booths I passed on was the Fun Stampers Journey (one of my friends is a Demo so I see that stuff all the time) and the one that was some sort of jewerly booth where make and take was a charm thing and for extra $$ you could turn it into a necklace. The Make and Take side was so crowded you couldn't get close.Anyway all and all we had fun. I love this one because it's so much smaller and not as crowded as the August one in Schaumburg. Besides I'm usually out of town in August.

Today as much as I'd like to relax and play with my Gemini (extra plates came yesterday) I have to instead clean up a bit here, shower and then this afternoon taking Tori to see the Play Mary Poppins at local H.S. Another fun busy day!

Shelly................have a blast!! Too bad we don't live closer. I passed on 2 of the Tim Holtz Ideology word paper pads and now wish I got them. But I can probably find them on line. Again have fun!!

Wow Lynn ...so organized! I buy during the year too and have 1 closet where I keep it all til needed but I need to have a list going on my phone so I remember what I bought and who it is for. Otherwise I'd totally forget.

Hi Jeanette and Hi Shelly!! Miss you guys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2018, 02:52 AM   #1825  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, the poop sounds gross. LOL! I do NOT do meringue. Eeewwwwww! (I also don't like pie, so meringue would be kind of pointless I suppose. But still... that stuff is made with nasty eggs.) Oh so fun... sounds like your shopping trip with friends was great!

Lynn, I do not listen to books on CD.... I've never really had an interest in doing so. I also have a super important job while driving. I sing back up to Elvis. ;) (I have Sirius on Hot Sauce - The Jet did, too - and I love it!!!

Shelly, I hope you're having a grand trip and keep your DH safe this time. No. more. broken. bones. on. any. trip!

Waving to Kelly... love you!

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2018, 04:34 AM   #1826  
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!! You might change your mind Jeanette when you see these light.. airy.. dry meringues. They are made with meringue powder. No raw eggs anywhere. And look how pretty.

Well pretty for "Poop"! lol

Mary Poppins was great!Q These student do such a fantastic job. Their singing was awesome and the dance routines GREAT! They did a great job with Tap shoes for the "Step In Time" scene. Tori absolutely loved it. Rumor has it that another local H.S. is doing Fiddler on the Roof sometime in April and she said she wants to go see that one as well. Going to have to check that out!

Watched the Oscars but the only movie that won anything that I saw was Coco for music. I thought "This is me" from the Showman would have won but....I loved that movie and it got "Nada". Oh well guess I now have to dig up the Oscar winners and watch them.

Hankering down for another incoming storm. If it hits...we shall see.

Waving Hi to Lynn, Shelly and Kelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2018, 04:41 AM   #1827  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good Morning Susan... the poop is pretty... but nope, didn't change my mind. I would not want to eat it.

I'm glad you and Tori loved the musical... and yes, you should see Fiddler on the Roof, too!

Be safe in the storm!

My DS is a movie fanatic... sees over 50 most years. Loves the Oscars. He was super excited, his projections were the closest to perfect he's ever been. He only guessed two of them wrong.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2018, 04:44 AM   #1828  
Die Cut Diva

WOW....that must make it exciting to watch the Oscars when you've seen all the movies. Whish I took the time to do that. I love movies but I'm so so more comfortable to watch at home instead of theaters. Doesn't work with Oscars tho....lol I think you need to see them before they hit the DVD rack! heeheehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2018, 04:49 AM   #1829  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

He definitely loves his movies! And he especially loves the theaters with the reclining seats. ;)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #1830  
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette I love the reclining seats too!

Well..........today was a wasted day for getting anything done. Little Claire Bear wanted to watch Elmo all morning and wanted to either sit in my lap or hold my hands while she danced to the songs they sing. By the time I got her down for a nap I was able to get dishes done, get dressed, and start Nicks lunch. When that was all done she woke up and I started lunch for her and then finished with more Elmo til DIL got home at 4:30. Then it was start dinner. Man for a person who did nothing I'm pooped! lol

Now you guys better have had a more productive day! heehee What are you all up to???

Shelly did you get alot of stuff in Rockford?

Boy Lynn are you still shopping????

Hugs Kelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 02:28 AM   #1831  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Susan, it sounds to me like you were very productive yesterday... you made the difference in a precious little girl's life... and I'm sure Nick's, too!

SaveSave
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 03:42 AM   #1832  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Susan, I actually have been still shopping. Turns out that I unexpectedly decided to buy a new car. My oldest granddaughter's car gave up the ghost and my 8 year old Honda CRV seemed like the best fit for her to me. I convinced her parents it was the best current option so I have been out car shopping. Drove home a new Lincoln MKX yesterday.

Of course, the Honda's air conditioner decided to quit working yesterday, as well. So it is off to the shop for repair today. You can't drive a car without air conditioning in Texas!

My house air conditioner is acting a little wonky, too!! Sounds like another repair headed my way!

Looks like my shopping will now be done for a while! LOL!!

Sure hope all you northerners aren't getting blasted with more freezing weather!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 03:45 AM   #1833  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn, congrats on the new car! Sounds like you and your DGD are both going to be riding pretty! And hopefully cool, too. Sorry about the AC woes, says the one whose furnace keeps running and running this morning. Yep, we had ice overnight... and a dusting of snow.
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 03:59 AM   #1834  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Too, funny, Jeanette. The problem with my home air conditioner is the fan keeps running and running!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 04:42 AM   #1835  
Die Cut Diva

Yep Jeanette....my furnace keeps running too. we also got that freezing ice over night and a dusting on top. Lets see....the ground hog said 6 more weeks of winter. Isn't that time up yet! LOL

Lynn wow bet you love your new ride! I love that new car smell! I had gotten an Edge which was the runner up for the Lincoln I at first wanted but I loved the pearly white Edge which was in the showroom and figured it was close enough to the look of the Lincoln I was eyeing. But that was nearly 10 years ago. Wow time does fly. My Edge is just my putting around car and only has 22,000 miles on her. Not bad for a 2010. yes I said 22,000. I'm like the little old lady who only drove to church story! hahahaha Enjoy your ride!!!!

Not sure what my plans are for today but tomorrow we're going out to buy new tablets! FUN! New toys since our taxes went great this year!

Hi Shelly.....Hi Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 05:27 AM   #1836  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Sounds like your Edge is going to last forever at the rate you are going, Susan. We do a lot of driving in Texas. My CR-V has almost 80,000 miles. I know my granddaughter would rather inherit your Edge!! LOL!!

I really loved the last Lincoln I drove which lasted for 10 years. I am excited to be back in one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #1837  
Die Cut Diva

Lynn isn't that the car Matthew McConaughy is in for the Car commercial? or was it a Lexus? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now I'm confused. LOL Lexus ...Lincoln...all are starting to look the same to me! heehee Anyway Enjoy that new ride and I hope that new car smell (unless you hate that) lasts a real long time. I think mine still smelled new at 8yrs old but then again I did not allow ANY fast foods in it. None...Nada. I would make DH take his ratty pick up to go pick up pizza. Did not want the smell in my car. Yep I was kinda anal but hey it was my new car and I wanted to keep it new forever
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #1838  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Lynn and Susan... you two are entertaining. LOL!

I do have to tell you what I tell my DH though. Anyone who has a car with that many years and no more miles than that, doesn't need a car. ;)

I put close to 20,000 on my car each year... used to be 25,000 per year. I've cut back. (I guess I don't go enough.)
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #1839  
Die Cut Diva

In my defense......we have a new 2016 conversion van that has nearly as many miles as my Edge and we drove it off the dealers lot after having the conversion package completed and it only had 125 miles on it so in 2 yrs we have put on nearly as many miles on it as we have in 10 years on our Edge. lol Its all those road trips! Nick doesn't ride in the Edge. Too hard to get him in and out.

Well got to get back to watching Doc McStuffins....OMG...my life! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2018, 07:43 PM   #1840  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello!

Sneaking a moment on the computer to stop in and say hello : )

Ahh, it is beautiful in Arizona- the weather is nice as well. Old friends are the best- not that we are old...lol We went to college with the friends we are visiting.

We are being tortured- hiking, swimming, bike riding etc.... It is actually the first time bike riding since the pain doc gave me the green light for riding on flat/paved surfaces. We had about an hour ride- very flat roads.... (Back did OK, neck is a bit tentative still now..... )We are going to the golf course down the road and drink Margaritas and watch the sun set. We go to see a Cubs game tomorrow. I have some painting with me- I am making a color chart for some new paints for stamping Gansai-Tambi. I am going to learn about colors for painting more..by mixing the paints and putting it on the W/C paper I will use. This color is less intense and I am thinking it is mostly for crafting like paper crafting.

We did get to Rockford at 1:15 Sunday- they still charged us full entry fee. (The stamp event ended at 3PM). I wanted to stop to see Pat Huntoon /Technique Junkies. I did buy some of her new stamps- love the poppies especially. I stamped some of them on W/C paper to bring with me- not sure I will get to them down here.

Jeanette and Susan- I will try to bring some of the warm weather back with me! Glad your weather was OK coming home from your meeting Jeanette!

That is crazy about mileage- so interesting! We are usually about 15,000 a year.

Lynn- wow- I think my brother drives a Lincoln SUV- very roomy! and, not so bad of gas mileage. Uggg. Our Honda Odyssey (van) has no air- we spent a fortune getting it fixed- first compressor then another part- after a couple of thousand they told us we need a new system...... So, we did not do that, Ray is finally thinking of getting a new vehicle- possibly a pick-up..... Hope the clogging is going well!

Waving Hello to all- going to bed! Yeppers- it is like 10:30 here too......

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes