Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree and I did state that I am sure she will take care of any unresolved issues. Simply said if I had to choose between my family and my business I would choose family each and every time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
I agree she deserves her privacy, but there seem to unresolved customer service issues for some people. That's a cause for concern to those who feel they've been abandoned and not treated properly. Just packing up and going away without taking care of details is unprofessional. Whatever the reason, the folks who have product issues should have been given some answers.

That said, Klawster- I certainly used my GC, bought a bunch of Rileys! And at that time, my communications with the company were delightful. And the service was likewise.
Polyshrink Goddess

I had the pleasure of meeting her at a convention this summer, she seemed like a genuinely nice person, and I agree her personal life does not have to be discussed.
That being said, I think what those of you who are privy to insider information are not considering is that she does have some folk's money, and they have every right to be concerned, if not upset. They don't know a thing about what is going on in her life, and the innuendos about something serious going on in her life really isn't enough to make them feel any better. They have lost money, you have to remember that. Whether she makes it right later or not, (and I am sure that she will) right now that is not making them feel any better.
I don't know if any of you are very close to her, but perhaps someone who is close to her could volunteer to help her out and to write a letter to her customer base and offer a general explanation for what has happened (no personal details) and offer a date when they can expect their stamps or a full refund. She might really appreciate the help.
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I was a design team member for Hanna for about 6 months. I was so thrilled to be asked and very happy on the team Kristi was amazing. As a DT member we did not see the sets until a bit before they were sent to us, after they were already in production. So no we did not proof read the sets.

That aside I stepped down as a Dt member well before the closing down of Hanna for my own personal reasons. I am however confident that as soon as Kristi is able she will take care of any unresolved issues. We all have to remember that her Daughter and family are the single most important things in her life and she should not feel obligated to even type one sentence about what is going on.

I think here on SCS we all get so involved in what is going on we feel like we are intitled to an explanation. I know all the concern comes from our hearts but we are not owed an explanation at all.

Please do not take what I am saying as an insult or attack I am not trying to be rude. I'm just being very honest! :-D
I agree with Patti 100%. The last time I spoke with Kristi her daughter was having some health issues and she was worried. I have faith that when she can Kristi will be back and will certainly make things right with any outstanding orders or issues. I am praying for her and her family at this time!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey I just found a video over at Utube that was put on the on Dec 15. Looks like the Ferros are doing ok. I think they are fine and need some family time...Go check it out... http://www.youtube.com/user/HannaSta.../1/HAzFiRIag-U
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellychickView Post
Hey I just found a video over at Utube that was put on the on Dec 15. Looks like the Ferros are doing ok. I think they are fine and need some family time...Go check it out... http://www.youtube.com/user/HannaSta.../1/HAzFiRIag-U

If you have the wherewithal to take humourous videos, and then upload them to U-tube.. You've got time to reply to customers with outstanding issues.

Full of Malarky

Quote:

I agree and I did state that I am sure she will take care of any unresolved issues. Simply said if I had to choose between my family and my business I would choose family each and every time!
I have done the same - chosen family and health above my work . But I let the company I worked for know that I was ill and had to resign . I did not simply disappear into thin air.

Insane Embellisher

And her "latest activity" here at SCS was 18 hours ago. Just a "bear with me" post would be nice, as others have said. I agree that family should come first, but tying up a couple loose ends (outstanding orders and customer issues) will go a long way. Maybe not resolving those issues right away, but a general announcement of some sort. Perhaps she's one of those people who just doesn't want other's sympathy. Fine, don't give details. Just let your customers and those who feel like they've built a friendship with you online know that you're still on the planet, just need some time, lol. Even if you don't know what the future holds for your company.

I've only ordered from her a couple times, and communicated some regarding being published with her stamps. So I'm sure she doesn't even "know" me. I'm just saying people are genuinely concerned about her AND she ran a company with a lot of fans. I feel like both of those reasons justify some kind of explanation.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon here...

But if you own a business, customer service should be your TOP priority. As the business owner, she is obligated to answer emails, phone calls, question, and concerns regarding her product/business.

However, with that being said, she isn't obligated to tell the entire craft world her family/personal issues. Those are private and we should respect her privacy.
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been reading this thread from the beginning and am getting more and more annoyed.

This is NOT a case where a business disappeared with your wedding dress, or a multi-thousands of dollars vacation. I am sorry for those who have "lost" money, but can anyone here really not afford the few dollars for stamps?

Have a little sympathy, folks! Clearly, the woman is not currently able to do whatever it took to run her business. You have no idea whether her problems are medical, familial, or personal. Everything written here indicates that this is a good woman who was very good to her customers. Whatever would cause her to suddenly close up her business must have been traumatic.

Have none of you ever lived through a personal crisis? When you cannot deal with certain things? When focusing on the issue is all you are capable of?

Just because she takes a few minutes to do something that maybe is special for her children, or helps her cope with her problems, doesn't mean that she has the time, or the ability, to cope with other issues.

If she has a record of being good to her customers, she will do so again, WHEN she can!!! In the meantime, analyzing her behavior in terms of "she should make time for me" is selfish and harsh. If you really need your stamps or your money back that much, file suit with the small claims court. Otherwise, cut the woman a BREAK!

It's Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa/whatever-you-celebrate season. How about a little understanding and charity?

I'm adding Kristi and her family to my prayer list.
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
I've been reading this thread from the beginning and am getting more and more annoyed.

This is NOT a case where a business disappeared with your wedding dress, or a multi-thousands of dollars vacation. I am sorry for those who have "lost" money, but can anyone here really not afford the few dollars for stamps?

Have a little sympathy, folks! Clearly, the woman is not currently able to do whatever it took to run her business. You have no idea whether her problems are medical, familial, or personal. Everything written here indicates that this is a good woman who was very good to her customers. Whatever would cause her to suddenly close up her business must have been traumatic.

Have none of you ever lived through a personal crisis? When you cannot deal with certain things? When focusing on the issue is all you are capable of?

Just because she takes a few minutes to do something that maybe is special for her children, or helps her cope with her problems, doesn't mean that she has the time, or the ability, to cope with other issues.

If she has a record of being good to her customers, she will do so again, WHEN she can!!! In the meantime, analyzing her behavior in terms of "she should make time for me" is selfish and harsh. If you really need your stamps or your money back that much, file suit with the small claims court. Otherwise, cut the woman a BREAK!

It's Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa/whatever-you-celebrate season. How about a little understanding and charity?

AMEN!

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I don't believe expecting a business to behave in a professional manner is unreasonable. I don't think it's fair to chastise as selfish or harsh those who do feel they should have, at the very least, received a basic acknowledgement of their issues.

Understanding is pretty difficult to come by in the absense of communication.

Denise

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I don't believe expecting a business to behave in a professional manner is unreasonable.
Denise
But we are not talking about a "business" here, we are talking about a PERSON!! A business is an entity, not a person. The "business" is closed and clearly the person had a strong reason for needing to suddenly close it. And continues to have reasons why she cannot deal with it right now.

I DO think that expecting more than a person is obviously currently capable of doing is harsh!

Why is that so hard to understand?
Full of Malarky

Quote:

But we are not talking about a "business" here, we are talking about a PERSON!! A business is an entity, not a person. The "business" is closed and clearly the person had a strong reason for needing to suddenly close it. And continues to have reasons why she cannot deal with it right now.

I DO think that expecting more than a person is obviously currently capable of doing is harsh!

Why is that so hard to understand?
Small businesses and for that matter, all businesses are people . My in-laws ran their own business for 25 years, and I'll guarantee you they never simply decided to close up there doors with no notice. My mother in law became ill and unable to continue working f/T in her 60's , so they hired someone else. If they got busier than they could manage, they hired on part time help over Christmas.

When they eventually retired, they found someone to purchase the store, and gave customers plenty of notice the store was changing hands.

Last edited by debzi333; 12-19-2009 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: typo
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Small businesses and for that matter, all businesses are people . My in-laws ran their own business for 25 years, and I'll guarantee you they never simply decided to close up there doors with no notice. My mother in law became ill and unable to continue working f/T in her 60's , so they hired someone else. If they got busier than they could manage, they hired on part time help over Christmas.

When they eventually retired, they found someone to purchase the store, and gave customers plenty of notice the store was changing hands.
Well, isn't it nice that you and your in-laws are such superior people. I guess that justifies you being so un-sympathetic to someone else's problems.

This thread is something I certainly don't need any more of- it's Christmas time and I like to spend my time with people who are kind and generous and not critical of others. Think I'll ignore this from now on.
Watercolor Wizard

I have been reading through this thread as the title caught my attention (I hate to see the objects of our collective affection go out of business, and it happens all too often lately.)

I do not own any of these stamps as they aren't my personal style, but I would be quite upset at the loss of any money or lack of communication. BTDT with my wedding photographer going out of business while they had my proof, had to pay for them a second time to get them from a lab that had them. Very different from, say, a $20 stamp order? Not really. You pay, you get. You pay, you don't get, you're not happy, company deals with it - or not, and then it's your turn to take action.

Clearly this is a different situation, but business is business. I think the problem with people who, IMHO, are defensive (if not nasty) about others wanting their business dealings settled have a blurred line between "friendship" and "business." To imply that it's OK to pay for something that you did not receive with no notification form a company because it isn't a lot of money and we should all have extra to "forgive and forget" with is a very personal decision and no one else's to make but the individual customer.

While I do hope the former owner & her family are well and taking care of their priorities I felt the need to state the above in support of the customers with unresolved issues. If it were a larger company or one people did not know on a more personal level would "give the owner a break" be acceptable?

(Sorry, I'm a little tired of reading high-horse comments all over SCS instead of simple differing opinions. You have one, you're entitled to it, and it doesn't make another one wrong because it isn't in line with "yours." It does give the absolute right to disagree with me in a civil manner, as I have done here.)

Last edited by teacher4416; 12-19-2009 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: typo
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

If this were just some MB person that I knew, or a blogger, who just stopped posting. Fine. We all have a right to drop off the grid.

However, when it comes to business, a contract is a contract is a contract. And when you take people's money and don't deliver what was promised, it's called theft, regardless of the other circumstances in your life. It jeopardizes the business's licensing and the individuals responsible for the business. For example, if people start disputing their purchases, and Visa and Mastercard get annoyed enough, they'll yank the processing ability. They're not going to care if the company will make good later.

Studies show that when doctors say "sorry" for mistakes instead of clamming up, the desire of wronged patients and families to pursue legal action drops significantly, so much so that states are now enacting laws that doctors' apologies cannot be used as admission of guilt in malpractice actions as a way to encourage doctors to show remorse.

I think everyone is willing to cut the company some slack; all anyone here seems to want in return is "sorry."
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
I have been reading through this thread as the title caught my attention (I hate to see the objects of our collective affection go out of business, and it happens all too often lately.)

I do not own any of these stamps as they aren't my personal style, but I would be quite upset at the loss of any money or lack of communication. BTDT with my wedding photographer going out of business while they had my proof, had to pay fo rthem a second time to get them from a lab that had them. Very different from, say, a $20 stamp order? Not really. You pay, you get. You pay, you don't get, you're not happy, company deals with it - or nit, and then it's your turn to take action.

Mine closed too. No one to talk to. No way to communicte. It is frustrating. Clearly this is a different situation, but business is business. I think the problem with people who, IMHO, are getting defensive (if not nasty) about others wanting their business dealings settled have a blurred line between "friendship" and "business." To imply that it's OK because it isn't a lot of money and we should all have extra to "forgive and forget" with is a very personal decision and no one else's to make but the individual customer.

While I do hope the lady & her family are well and taking care of their priorities I felt the need to state the above in support of the customers with unresolved issues. If it were a larger company or one people did not know on a personal level would "give the owner a break" be acceptable?

(Sorry, I'm a little tired of reading high-horse comments all over SCS instead of simple differing opinions. You have one, you;re entitled to it, and it doesn't make another one wrong because it isn't in line with "yours.")
Well said! I feel that because this generally tends to be such a "close-knit" community, we tend to feel as thought we "know" people, and so the lines between an individual and a business tend to get blurry. However, like Deborah said business is business.

No one is saying Kristi is a bad person, if any criticism has been posted it has been purely of a business practice nature. A consumer is entitled to receive that which they have paid for. Kristi is NOT under obligation to explain, excuse or anything of the sort, however closing a store (which she certainly has the right to do) entitles more than just saying "We're closed" (so to speak). It would have been just as easy to either refund people's money upon receipt of payment if she knew she would not be filling orders, OR type a small sentence immediately following the one on the home page saying "all pending matters will be resolved in (January/tomorrow/a timely manner/or when I feel like it)" SOMEthing so that people who have vested interests know that ONE day things will be resolved.
As far as the amount of money it is..well, I just think nobody knows what anyone's financial position is. What may be just a few dollars for me, can be someone's craft budget for the month. I know that If I shopped at Target and noticed I'd been short-changed $14.00, I would be very likely to go back and request my money. I don't think I'd be too quick to just wave it off, regardless of whether the cashier did it on purpose or not.
I have tons of Hannas and I've loved them since Kristi started her shop, I'm so sad they are not available any longer. I hope she, or anyone who can handle her business affairs, can take a few moments to put an end to all criticism or speculation by resolving whatever outstanding issues the business has. It's not about explaining or asking for permission or forgiveness, it's simply about fulfilling their commitment and making things right.

Stazon Splitcoast

I just stumbled across this thread. I don't know if anyone else is in the same shoes as me but I have a gift cert at Hanna that someone purchased for me. It is money that was thrown away because I never got a chance to use it. It was purchased about 3 days before her big annoucement about the Riley's.

Stampin' UP Demonstrator
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow..
I am a friend of Kristi's..she has been to my house and our dd have played togther, and my dd has spent the night at her house. I have been to her business and the Ferro's are greatg people. Although I do not know what is happening..She is my friend and I truly believe that she will make things right with anyone who was wronged. Her dd has been very ill and we should just wait and see what has happened. Give her time to fix whatever might be wrong, and pray for her and her family. Thanks
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

I have dealt with Kristi NUMEROUS times, I have the stamps to prove it... LOL

Kristi IS a GOOD PEOPLE.... She needs some time obviously and we dont need to know why... yes, she was on 18 hours ago (or so was posted) she has a You Tube video, GREAT, she was laughing and relaxing... GOOD FOR HER... should she post a stay tuned? Sure, I agree with that, however the direction this is going is NOT a good direction....

I hope and pray Kristi, Hanna and Mark are all safe and happy!!!
Watercolor Wizard

No one wishes them ill. In fact, quite the opposite from what I've read.

They are, however, dealing with it as a business transaction rather than a friendship issue. IMO, there is every right to do that. Privacy is privacy and no one has a right to know your personal issues. But customers do have recourse, and it seems everyone just wants a little reassurance that they haven't lost money in a business transaction because people are claiming (and others verifying) personal issues have interfered with a business. The two don't mix for many of us.

No one is saying anything about Kristi as a person. Just about the business. The line is not blurred for customers with outstanding issues, and being an SCS member does not absolve a business - or business person - of their obligations with customer issues.

No matter how many times the heart stings are pulled or "intimidating" "back off" posts appear. Again, it is not about HER. It is about a BUSINESS. This seems ot be lost on some no matter how many times it is repeated.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
I have dealt with Kristi NUMEROUS times, I have the stamps to prove it... LOL

Kristi IS a GOOD PEOPLE.... She needs some time obviously and we dont need to know why... yes, she was on 18 hours ago (or so was posted) she has a You Tube video, GREAT, she was laughing and relaxing... GOOD FOR HER... should she post a stay tuned? Sure, I agree with that, however the direction this is going is NOT a good direction....

I hope and pray Kristi, Hanna and Mark are all safe and happy!!!
Hi Bioytche....mwah
Pearl-ExPert

accidently deleted my subscription so resubbing to see if there is ever a conclusion to the situations.

Last edited by stigmom6; 12-20-2009 at 07:20 AM..
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
No one wishes them ill. In fact, quite the opposite from what I've read.

They are, however, dealing with it as a business transaction rather than a friendship issue. IMO, there is every right to do that. Privacy is privacy and no one has a right to know your personal issues. But customers do have recourse, and it seems everyone just wants a little reassurance that they haven't lost money in a business transaction because people are claiming (and others verifying) personal issues have interfered with a business. The two don't mix for many of us.

No one is saying anything about Kristi as a person. Just about the business. The line is not blurred for customers with outstanding issues, and being an SCS member does not absolve a business - or business person - of their obligations with customer issues.

No matter how many times the heart stings are pulled or "intimidating" "back off" posts appear. Again, it is not about HER. It is about a BUSINESS. This seems ot be lost on some no matter how many times it is repeated.
Thank you! This can not be stressed enough! I'm glad tchk decided to ignore this thread - it was certainly turning sour and for no other reason than someone being close-minded and not respecting any and all opinions.

NOBODY here is disrepecting Kristi as a person, or that her family may be dealing with some kind of unfortunate tragedy right now. And it saddens me to hear her "friends" imply that those things have been said here. It's just not true. Her customers just want answers. That's all.

And it's not too much to ask because it would take MUCH much less time to post a short "I'll be back when I can" post than the time it takes to make and upload a youtube video. I think that's where people are coming from here. You have to separate the friendship from the business.
Pearl-ExPert

I just wanted to add that I did not intend to insult anyone and if I did I apologize. With the direction some have taken I just want to make sure that you all know I respect everyones opinion and feel each is entitled to their own whether I agree or not. That is the nature of life and what makes the world spin, is it not? So anyway HAPPY HOLIDAYS and HAPPY STAMPIN'!! :-D
Full of Malarky

I too am glad the Tchk has decided to ignore this thread. I found her post directed at me and my inlaws very hurtful and uncalled for.

As you say , Vicki, this is not a friendship issue, or personal issue, this is an unfufilled business transaction. As this has neen ongoing since October when I placed the order, I seriously doubt that Kristi has any plans of respondinding to me.

I think I am just very disappointed to have ordered Dectective Hanna, and recived the incorrect Hanna - though the invoice that was sent clearly stated Detective Hanna.

Now that Kristi has diappeared, there is no chance that I will get Dectective Hanna. I'm just very diappointed. I really had my heart set on that Hanna.

Insane Embellisher

That's an idea pollybear. And as many close friends as she has, I don't even think she'd have to PAY them. She'd just have to state what is and is not allowed to be said about her issues.
Glitter Guru

Although I feel sorry for anyone going through difficult times, if you own a business you need to be prepared to be professional and give what you promised to your customers. I love the Riley images but stopped buying them because I got such terrible customer service and was not given what I was promised. Although I certainly wish Kristi and her family the best, I'm glad I have another chance to buy some Rileys and perhaps get what I ordered in a timely manner.
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Quote:

Well, isn't it nice that you and your in-laws are such superior people. I guess that justifies you being so un-sympathetic to someone else's problems.

This thread is something I certainly don't need any more of- it's Christmas time and I like to spend my time with people who are kind and generous and not critical of others. Think I'll ignore this from now on.
Apparently some folks feel the need to attack those whose opinions differ from theirs. Is that in the spirit of whatever season she celebrates?

I haven't seen anyone else get personal, just express their opinion. And while my experiences with Hanna Stamps was positive, I'd be upset if I still had outstanding gift cards I'd been given, and the business evaporated without any contact. I agree, no one is saying she's a bad person, but if you run a business, despite what happens in your personal life, you made a commitment to your customers. It's a matter of honoring that commitment. You can't just walk away.
And as I have recently been dealing with personal issues in my life, I can say that even when my life was turned upside down, I made every effort to live up to my promises. It wasn't easy, and I was not in good emotional shape, but I was raised to believe if you take on responsibility, you are obligated to handle what you agreed to. At least respond and explain if you are unable to deal with issues.

Forum Fanatic

One question I have is, if she knew this was coming down the pike, why did she continue to sell gift certificates?

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Insane Embellisher

I don't think that she did know. She had announced new and exciting changes coming up for Hanna Stamps (even after the Riley line sold) and also a new release party in November. Those things never happened. So while whatever she's dealing with may have been sudden, I still wonder if she could enlist a close friend to help tie up these loose ends with her company and give some sort of general update to her customer base.
Compulsive Stamper

I bought 130 dollars worth of product from a home based company that sells wall vinyl decor. My check was cashed within a few day of my placing the order, and a couple of days later, the demo had a miscarriage. She told the hostess of the party that she didn't want to be contacted through email or phone calls...it was a difficult time for her, and that I understood. I was fine until several months had passed and contacted the company (not the demo). The issue was resolved within a few days. I felt terrible about her situation, but when you sign on to do a job, you do that job even with personal situations. I'm a teacher...I may fight with my husband...my mil and mother were diagnosed with breast cancer the same week, my mom had quadruple bypass, deaths occurred in our family, life happened, etc., but I continued to do my job. It sucked and I hated it and would have rather been anywhere but work many days, but that's just not realistic for many of us.

You can be very sympathetic about someone's life and personal problems, but still expect things to happen on a business end. It's okay for a business to go under or temp. close...it's not okay or even legal to keep someone's money. So, she doesn't owe the general public any type of explanation or even a nod of the head, but she does owe the people who have spent money for goods undelivered their money. If the money was spent and the product not delivered, the there IS a problem. Customers shouldn't have to wait week's or months for resolution until someone's personal life gets better. If the business was handled correctly, then the money should be in an account somewhere for anything purchased and not delivered.

Last edited by freckledcutie; 12-21-2009 at 09:29 PM..
Matboard Maniac

sub
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by freckledcutieView Post

You can be very sympathetic about someone's life and personal problems, but still expect things to happen on a business end. It's okay for a business to go under or temp. close...it's not okay or even legal to keep someone's money. So, she doesn't owe the general public any type of explanation or even a nod of the head, but she does owe the people who have spent money for goods undelivered their money. If the money was spent and the product not delivered, the there IS a problem. Customers shouldn't have to wait week's or months for resolution until someone's personal life gets better. If the business was handled correctly, then the money should be in an account somewhere for anything purchased and not delivered.
I agree. People have every right and expectation that they should at the very least get their money back. But the reality is that they probably won't. Very sad with the pending holidays.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlartyView Post
Well Well Well.... all I can say is what goes round comes around and I had bad business as you with Hanna and now you can all see exactly why I got so annoyed. Some of you here are seeing this so called business woman in a whole new light! im sorry but if you can go blast yaself being happy as larry knowing that hapiness is also with other peeps monies then im sorry she is in my eyes commiting theft, she should have partners who can back up the business in any absence but to leave customers and the like in the dark yet flaunt herself shows she has no remorse or compassion for her customers.
If you sell knowingly that you are about to go out busines then that is fraudulant" no ifs no butts.
Well im sorry but im sitting here with a nasty taste in my mouth for this woman and her business. Im glad Riley at least got adopted to a much better home.
Wow- that is really harsh. It's one thing to complain about her business practices but I don't think it is right to make personal attacks on this forum. I'm not saying that customers who are owed refund should not complain (I am sure that I would!) , however to attack Kristi pesonally like that is really un-cool. You cannot honestly know whether she is or isn't feeling remorse and a short video on YouTube doesn't prove anything. Anyone can look into someone's life for a few minutes and assume whatever they want. Only Kristi knows what she is feeling or thinking.

I hope that everyone who is owed product, has a gift certificate, receives a refund or product. Hopefully, all of this will get resolved soon.
Pearl-ExPert

I kinda want to defend SCS. I don't think it is the "Truth" that gets removed, it is the attacks on people and or companies that get removed. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinions but to make such cruel statements about ones character on a public forum is just wrong whether it is true or not. I think it is funny that the You tube video keeps being addressed, is it at all possible that it is an old video that someone else (not Kristi or her family) posted because they found it funny? I am not saying that Kristi did not post it just giving an example showing none of us have any idea of what is really going on and we should not be speculating either way. Those that are owed $ and or product have every right to be upset. Others do not!! Just a thought...
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I kinda want to defend SCS. I don't think it is the "Truth" that gets removed, it is the attacks on people and or companies that get removed. Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinions but to make such cruel statements about ones character on a public forum is just wrong whether it is true or not. I think it is funny that the You tube video keeps being addressed, is it at all possible that it is an old video that someone else (not Kristi or her family) posted because they found it funny? I am not saying that Kristi did not post it just giving an example showing none of us have any idea of what is really going on and we should not be speculating either way. Those that are owed $ and or product have every right to be upset. Others do not!! Just a thought...
Well, said. I think we should just stick to the facts that we KNOW are true. The business closing and/or refunds has nothing to do with a personal, family video that was posted. (while I haven't seen it - unless she is rolling around in money and specifically laughing at her customers which I am sure she isn't I would not consider it "flaunting" anything) Whether the video is old or new, posted by her or someone else it has nothing to do with what is going on with her customers.

I'm sorry girlarty that you have such a hatred towards Kristi, but I just don't think it's cool to personally attack anyone like that on these boards. Period.
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryLC05View Post
Well, said. I think we should just stick to the facts that we KNOW are true. The business closing and/or refunds has nothing to do with a personal, family video that was posted. (while I haven't seen it - unless she is rolling around in money and specifically laughing at her customers which I am sure she isn't I would not consider it "flaunting" anything) Whether the video is old or new, posted by her or someone else it has nothing to do with what is going on with her customers.

I'm sorry girlarty that you have such a hatred towards Kristi, but I just don't think it's cool to personally attack anyone like that on these boards. Period.
Pearl-ExPert

Regardless of the truth these type of postings help no one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlartyView Post
Attack on peeps!!! merely pointing out the truth ...she has a business which has foreclosed n left that business owing customers monies >>.how is that personal attack>
TRUTH...she owes monies to customers. Truth she has not replied to any emails. Cotton wool again !!!!
Again she has been on in the last 2 days...oops sorry could of been a ghost signing in her name....
Insane Embellisher

While I still agree that the way some customers have been ripped off (which is fact because some of them posted in this thread) is bad business, everything else here is opinion if you haven't personally heard from Kristi yourself. Obviously girlarty, you feel VERY strongly about Kristi. So I can see how to YOU, those are facts. But the fact remains that to everyone else, those are simply your opinions because you haven't mentioned speaking to Kristi directy. You're going by "hear-say" and forming a very strong opinion. Which you have EVERY right to and I respect that. You just can't expect others to agree with opinions.

Personally, I'm patiently waiting until Kristi herself comes here or her blog and posts something like "BWAHAHAHA I ripped my customers off!" before I form OPINIONS that nasty and strongly toward her as a PERSON.

Business-wise, well I would be leary of ever ordering from her again if/when she reopens her store as I'm sure others will be. But as a person, I have never spoken to her so can't say one way or the other how I feel about her as a human being.

We still don't know, and may never know, what she's going through.