Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-19-2019, 02:24 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Organization

I know this topic has been beat to death, so to speak. I am, once again, trying to organize my craft space. My question is: Does anyone keep all of one type of theme together. I recently put certain punches with the items they go with, ie star punches with star stamps sets. I have dies and stencils that have stars on them as well...same with hearts, etc. Does anyone keep ALL of one type theme, ie ALL star related items together? How do you store them, if so? It would seem like I would need a ton of totes to accomplish this but then maybe I would use more of what I have?

I know lots of folks who keep the dies with the matching stamp sets and I am moving toward that as well. Again, not sure how best to do that as I don't necessarily like the "pouch" system but maybe I just have not seen it in action...
What about stickers...? If I use totes or some such...I could put the same themed stickers together but maybe run the risk of tearing/damaging them if the dies/punches/stamps shift in the tote or maybe stick them in pouches.

OY! So overwhelmed!! I just have too much stuff!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't keep all of one type of theme together but I keep items of themes together: for example, all star stamps are stored together; all star dies together, etc. I store patterned paper by categories and/or color. I have plastic folders that hold papers and stickers by category: floral, wedding, baby, back-to-school, masculine, birthday, animals, patriotic and St. Patrick's day. I use 12 x 12 Iris storage boxes for other themes, seasons or holidays like Fall & Thanksgiving; Easter & Spring; Valentines & hearts; Halloween and several boxes for Christmas. Since my stamps and dies are already stored by these same themes but in different places I can find anything very easily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Hmmm, I like that you do Easter/Spring together. Currently I have all holidays together but your way would make it easier to find for that particular "season" so I will definitely be considering and pondering that style of organization. I don't need to see Christmas stamps/dies, etc in the spring, for sure! LOL. Thank you for sharing your style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 01:31 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I too don't keep everything together, but I do have images of all my stuff in folders on my PC, cross stored both by Theme, and Manufacturer. Otherwise, like Diane, I have stamps of the same theme stored together, for instance hearts/valentine/wedding/love all go together, as do the dies on that theme.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 06:19 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a drawer of Christmas embellishments (stickers, wooden shapes, confetti, overlays, etc.) and another that has other holidays (mostly Halloween, but there are some Valentine and Easter as well). Other than that I do like Diane and Shaz do - all dies of the same "type" together, stamps ditto. Papers are 90% chopped up and organized by color within the theme (ROYGBIV within flowers or stripes, for example). Punches are all on a media shelving unit (designed for CDs/DVDs) and visible at a glance, so I just have them by size. I've considered the "everything of one thing together" like you're considering, but I nix the idea every time because it would mean another massive overhaul of my organization (which I do way too often just with stamps), it would take a while to get used to the new system, and it seems like it would take up way more space to accommodate everything.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 09:34 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to store by manufacturer. I reorganized and put my stencils, unmounted stamps and dies together under theme categories, breaking out any very popular ones with its own theme. I've whittled down the punches to almost nothing because of all of the dies, so I just keep those in a box on the shelf. I do keep the small "highly" used ones on my work table, i.e, favorite corner punch, hole punch, etc. (about 4 in total). I am still debating whether to sort out between stencils, dies and stamps within each theme; still pondering. It's all a matter of what works best for you and how your brain works! good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everyone. I used to store by manufacture but now have way too many with the same themes so I put all similar themes together.

Like shazsilverwolf I, too, store all hearts-Valentine, Anniversary, Wedding, etc together, now with punches. This I hope will help me to use my punches more instead of dragging out a tote of all my punches and having to search for the one/s I need for the project. But then my dies get neglected so looking for a balance for the rest. I do not cut down my designer paper except what I need for a project and am getting/adding more stencils and other paraphernalia to an already existing stash of supplies.

I love the idea of putting "seasonal" items together and think I will try that.

I am one of those who reorganizes every couple of years to try to find a better way to make something work for me.
Again, thank you for all your replies and if anyone has any other ideas, I'm reading...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I don’t organize by theme other than a tiny bit, but it reminds me somewhat (not 100%) of the Totally Tiffany organizing system - whether or not you use her products. When she has her free, live, 8-session organizing class again you might enjoy it. It’s recorded so you can watch videos of past classes.

She offers it on LifeStream (wonderful for those of us who won’t use FB), and participants can ask questions or chat. They also occasionally give out prizes for email sent in about the organizing - I won a gift certificate once. (There weren’t many of us live that day!)

While her Scraprack is certainly discussed, there’s much, much more to the class, sprinkled with some interesting insights - including from a book about the brain and memory - about purging, sorting, keeping themed or colored items together, etc. Punches aren’t kept with other themed items - as you point out damage can/will occur.

Get Organized Challenge - Get your craft supplies organized with Totally-Tiffany

And her four-section system:
TT | Meet the 4 Section System | Scrapbooking, Cardmaking & Craft Room Organization

No affiliation! If nothing else, sitting in on the videos motivates me to get back into awareness mode about the stashy stuff around me. And I like some of her products. She goes to the Stamp & SB Expos - is very nice.

She has a live video at 2:00 EDT today about new sewing products. (I’m 100% allergic to sewing.)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks, will check it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I don’t organize by theme other than a tiny bit, but it reminds me somewhat (not 100%) of the Totally Tiffany organizing system - whether or not you use her products. When she has her free, live, 8-session organizing class again you might enjoy it. It’s recorded so you can watch videos of past classes.

She offers it on LifeStream (wonderful for those of us who won’t use FB), and participants can ask questions or chat. They also occasionally give out prizes for email sent in about the organizing - I won a gift certificate once. (There weren’t many of us live that day!)

While her Scraprack is certainly discussed, there’s much, much more to the class, sprinkled with some interesting insights - including from a book about the brain and memory - about purging, sorting, keeping themed or colored items together, etc. Punches aren’t kept with other themed items - as you point out damage can/will occur.

Get Organized Challenge - Get your craft supplies organized with Totally-Tiffany

And her four-section system:
TT | Meet the 4 Section System | Scrapbooking, Cardmaking & Craft Room Organization

No affiliation! If nothing else, sitting in on the videos motivates me to get back into awareness mode about the stashy stuff around me. And I like some of her products. She goes to the Stamp & SB Expos - is very nice.

She has a live video at 2:00 EDT today about new sewing products. (I’m 100% allergic to sewing.)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 506 Likes on 226 Posts

I did Tiffany's program in a way that fits me and what I have...a loooooong time ago. It helped me out a lot with things that I was uncertain about. I don't use her materials, but it really helped my thought processes. And hence, it really helps my purging thought processes.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2019, 01:45 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Sorry, that’s Livestream, not what autospell changed it to. It’s also on YouTube and FB but sometimes they don’t work well.

I have some of her clear, vinyl bags (there are 15 different ones!), very handy when taking classes due to certain supplies fitting so well. And some items are in bags permanently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

No worries! That is what this board is for-talking about doing this. We all go through it. Sometimes many times :rolleyes: Especially when we are trying to retro fit into a space vs having a big dedicated

I too do themes by product-so all halloween stamps are together, dies are together, stencils, EFs....My stamps are all indexed in master binders so I would pull that out first and look at what I have and then go get it bc I have both wood and cling.

As you mentioned it-I do now have stamp/die sets together in the pockets. How it works for me is I have stamps in the front with a piece of white CS, and a piece of magnetic in the back with the dies on it. I put the package pictures between the two so you dont see them.

I understand the punch thing. Might I suggest you do samples of all your punches and put them in a baggie so you can place it on a card front and decide if you want to use it? Otherwise you could just stick to a page but then you have to eyeball it and that depends on how good you are with that. That way you dont forget about them but you also are not pulling out a heavy box to decide IF you want to use them. I actually am going to do that for myself now that I think about it.

Mine are basically all basic shapes like circles and squares in increments. The reason I have them is for assembly projects like I want to do 20 cards because it is SO much faster to punch than to run the big shot 20x. But there are far less increments to punches than to infinity dies so it depends on your project.

I totally hear how it can be overwhelming. Which way you do it will be what way works best for you. Maybe having a master index with all of a theme together might work for you instead of having the actual product together as I personally find keeping like with like stores easier but that is just me. Sometimes it is trial and error. You try it one way, and don't like it and change it. Certainly that has happened to me. I am on my third way to store dies for example. Part of that was as time passed and I had more of them. I went from photo album to binder to the pockets. For me it is a constant evolution.

Just take it step by step. Do one theme a day whichever way you want to go. You will be surprised how fast it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, I am trying different ways and have over the years but find it easier to keep like themes together or they don't get used. I just got one of those artbin magnetic cases for my dies. It is way smaller than I expected but so far I think I like it. Will be way easier to locate and pull out the dies I want to use for projects instead of how I previously stored them.

Yes, I am one of those who goes through my stuff every couple of years to reorganize in a simpler way. This one started because I have dies and wheels i have not used ever or in a very long time. I miss my wheels!

I have thought about the pocket storage but not sure I'd like it but I like having the stamp set with the matching punch or dies to streamline my time better.

Wavejumper, you sound just like me. Thanks for your input and I will be doing some of what you suggeted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2019, 05:35 PM   #14  
Proud Fan Club Member

Dies get heavy if you have a lot together-I used to do sealed binders and they only had some 6 letter sized pages but when full were really heavy! It was very surprising to me.

I dont know that I will ever stop organizing. The trick for me is to spend more time making than organizing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2019, 03:38 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

wavejumper, I agree! I started out putting dies on magnetic sheets in A5 binders, but they just got so unwieldy, I switched to the Avery Elle pockets, stored now in a Really Useful Box, and as it sits on the table I use for die cutting, I don't actually have to lift it, just slide it forward or backwards.

I made the dividers by cutting some cardstock to size then laminating, and printing out some headings onto label sheets. The Bigz dies in the front are now in a drawer, as the box is getting pretty full, they were just there to keep everything upright.

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 08-26-2019 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shaz that looks like mine except I made my dividers by cutting up 3/dollar plastic cutting boards and popping a label on the tab. I usually get 3-4 out of a single one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2019, 09:50 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Organizing is a never-ending project for me and I've tried different ways to do it over the years. The problem is that I keep getting more supplies, and different types of tools etc. So then I need to re-think my storage.

I store my dies in the clear plastic pouches, on magnetic sheets, or in the original packaging. Then the dies are stored upright by theme/type (ie. nested shapes, florals, animals, holiday, word and sentiment dies) in four plastic shoe-box sized bins. I store the bins in a filing cabinet right next to the Big Shot. My embossing folders are stores upright as well, in a large drawer nearby. I haven't sorted and labeled my embossing folders yet, which means I waste a lot of time rummaging through them all when I need something, so that's next.
My big headache is embellishment storage. I make most of my embellishments with stamping die cutting but I have a huge stash of pre-made embellishments that I bought when I first started, or have won in giveaways. I never use them because they're all tucked away in boxes and bins, inside my closet or cupboards.
How do you store your embellishments so that you remember to use them? How do you know what you have that goes with a current project?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2019, 10:24 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
How do you store your embellishments so that you remember to use them? How do you know what you have that goes with a current project?
I'm currently using the Bead Storage Solutions trays which I got from Consumer Crafts. The inner containers come in different sizes or you can get all one size. While I really like them, they can be pricey so in the future if I need more I'm switching to no-name brand of the Darice Bead Storage System with flip top jars (like a tic tac box)(found the no-name brand on Amazon) - or I'm going to stalk the aisles of Harbor Freight Tools, they should have something similar. (see below photos)

I've found that since I organized my embellishments, I use them more.

Bead Storage Solutions:

Darice Bead Storage System:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2019, 10:29 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

WJ and Shaz,

I like your ideas for the die storage. I think a box like that would be good for me since I can close it and store other things on top. Right now, mine are in a bin and that's wasting space.

The dollar store cutting boards is genius.

I think clearing up clutter in the craft room is just what I need to get back into it.

Debra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #20  
Gallery Gazer

Firework - or anyone - the Totally Tiffany Get Organized class is starting again September 3 for eight Tuesdays - though they’re recorded too. I’ll pop in. Registration is free.

BTW, about die organization, I use pockets in bins too, with magnetic sheets only for infinity dies or sets with lots of little dies. The rest are loose. Magnetic sheets add weight and bulk. Fewer bins works better for me. (I use Container Store “Pure” boxes - lightweight and sturdy.)

I use SSS pockets since they’re somewhat stiff, with a piece of white CS inside for sturdiness. Die cut samples and extras are on one side of the CS, dies on the other. Die cutting sandwich info used to be kept in there but it’s not needed since the sandwich is always the same for my current machine.

Dies won’t be damaged when loose; companies like Sizzix mail them loose. Bloggers like JM and Therese Calvird (Lost in Paper) keep many of their dies loose in pockets.

OTOH, many people like keeping all dies on magnetic sheets for various reasons - to see them easily, etc. But if it’s so they won’t be damaged, there’s no need. It’s not as if thin dies have sharp cutting blades like knives that will get dull if they touch each other.

BTW, this magnet sheet stuff is primarily directed at newbies. Oldies know what they want. Until we change our minds. Repeatedly.

Last edited by bjeans; 08-29-2019 at 07:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2019, 02:52 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks, bjeans, will look into that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Received 178 Likes on 119 Posts

Interesting comment about not using magnets for the dies, I have been looking at investing into a whole batch of magnet sheets for my dies so maybe I need to rethink that.

I also haven’t made the transition to storing dies with stamps, my issue is that some Dies coordinate with more than one stamp set,

what I have done since Stampin’Up! came out with a stamparatus is cut out a template of the Dies that do coordinate with the stamp set and inserted it into that stamp set along with die cuts not stamped, kind of like what was mentioned previously that template with punches, and I am also starting to put templates with my punches as well

like the idea for bead boxes for embellishments.

my themes are basically on Evernote, supplies are with same supplies but some in colour order like Ribbon, cardstock and ink, much easier

Last edited by Doris B; 09-02-2019 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #23  
Gallery Gazer

The few die sets that coordinate with stamp sets are kept in the pockets with stamp sets, white CS dividing them. If they’re standalone dies they’re in a pocket in a die bin. I don’t think I have any that coordinate with more than one set, but if I did, I’d put them in the die bin with a note or label for the stamp pockets referring to the die set and vice versa.

Sort of similar, I have a die set with stand-alone dies, and just one that goes with a stamp in a set, so there’s a label on the die pocket and the stamp pocket, each referring to the other.

BTW, I do use magnetic sheets for some die sets, just not the majority. Copycatting JM and others.

Beth

Last edited by bjeans; 09-02-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

I decided to go with the ArtBin magnetic sheets. It is a bit smaller than I anticipated but I am totally OK with that after reading about how heavy the dies on magnets can get. This way it is not (so) heavy, yet. I am also still looking at storing some dies with the matching stamp sets/s and figuring out other options for organizing. I already have all my embellishments how I want them so next will be to sort my 12/x12 papers and again, the dies with the matching stamp sets. I did get all my Easter stuff in one small (almost shoe box size) bin. I would like to get all my items in one bin like that but I have way too many Christmas and flower stamps and dies... So still a work in progress but at least making a little progress.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

It sounds like a lot of progress, not a little. This stuff isn’t easy aka can be hard on the brain too. At least mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I am not fond of the open pockets for matching die/stamp storage so having issues finding something I like there. I have seen some pockets (watching the totally tiffany videos that compare some of those close=able pocket storage) that close so am considering that. I am going to HL tomorrow and hoping to find some ideas there for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #27  
Gallery Gazer

I never close Avery Elle pockets unless taking a few to a class, but the flap tucks in. Ellen Hutson pockets are heavier duty and also have a flap. But maybe you’re looking for something more secure? On JM’s blog she mentions SugarPea has ones that fit more snugly.
Stamp and Die Storage Pockets Overview + GIVEAWAY - Jennifer McGuire Ink

And some people use cases - they’d be able to provide links or tell you which ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been using CD cases for my stamps that I remove from the wood blocks. Then I thought, most of the dies I have aren't that big, so now I also put them in CD cases, too.

I was able to find those storage racks that turn at a thrift store for really cheap.

I'm trying to find a use for the spindles I remove from the cases. Maybe use them as small dividers for paper I store in shoe box size boxes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Since die storage has entered the conversation, I thought I'd show a couple of ideas. I have tried multiple methods and like this one the best (so far, lol). I used to have my dies on the magnetic sheets (vent covers cut to size) but got annoyed with the bulk and weight. Here's the current setup:

I put each set in its own clear bag, with a label identifying manufacturer and set name - shown below are my labels dies.

All of those clear bags go into one envelope (I used Close To My Heart stamp/paper envelopes - you can buy them empty, but I had some from stamp sets I'd purchased):

All of the envelopes get labeled and put into one bin:

I have some sets that I've purchased and left in their original envelopes, but I've added dies from other companies that correlate to those envelopes (like Spellbinder stars in with Tim Holtz stars, The Cat's Pajamas poinsettias in with Tim Holtz Funky Festive Foliage, Stampin'Up! ornaments in with Tim Holtz Ornaments, etc.):

Thinlits are in DVD-style cases, as are long border dies and small decorative sets that don't match any of the envelope categories, and I have two oversize dies that just stand alone at the back of the bin:

Those two small pieces of magnet sheet in the last photo are the only magnets in the entire bin. I can easily lift it and move it anywhere, as it is not heavy. So far it has been the easiest method for me to store (and remember and use) all of my dies. It is no big deal to dump out the contents of an envelope to pull out the set I want and quickly put everything back again (and I'm a very impatient crafter - other methods were driving me bonkers trying to find what I wanted).

Hopefully this may spark an idea for you or have some helpful information...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 08:39 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Although some of you find that the magnetic sheets get heavy, I find them really useful to keep my smaller dies from getting lost. I have a tendency to lose them otherwise. I keep most of my nesting and label dies in the original packaging, unless it came in one of those thick plastic clamshell packages that take up too much room. I use the heating vent magnetic covers that Sue used to use, and find that they aren't as heavy as the magnetic sheets that are sold just for die storage. I don't try to keep them in order on the magnetic sheet but just toss them into my clear storage bag so I can see the different sizes and shapes. The magnetic sheet keeps the tiny shapes from falling out when I pull the large shapes out.

I keep my dies in open topped bins inside of an oak filing cabinet and just pull the drawer open so I can flip through all the die sets and pull out the one I want to use. Since I never travel with my dies, it doesn't bother me that the packaging with magnetic sheets ends up heavier than without, as long as I don't keep misplacing or losing my dies.

Sue, your organizing system looks so amazing! I don't even label my envelopes, since I just slip the original packaging in behind the magnetic sheet so I can see who made it etc.

The DVD case for Thinlets is a great idea and I'll have to go buy some cases now. I've been keeping mine in baggies and I can't easily see what I have.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorie95View Post
I've been using CD cases for my stamps that I remove from the wood blocks. Then I thought, most of the dies I have aren't that big, so now I also put them in CD cases, too.

I was able to find those storage racks that turn at a thrift store for really cheap.

I'm trying to find a use for the spindles I remove from the cases. Maybe use them as small dividers for paper I store in shoe box size boxes?

I tried using CD cases for unmounted rubber stamps too, but found that they weren't large enough to hold a set. Still haven't figured out a good way to store them, especially the ones with ez-mount or the cling mount stamp sets.

My raw rubber, unmounted sets, are stored in binders but the binders get heavy and cumbersome. I used to buy a lot of unmounted rubber stamps and I use Aleene's Tack-it over and over on the backs. Then I took those old magnetic sheet albums that we aren't supposed to use anymore, and used those to store my unmounted stamps. I have them organized into four large binders, with one thinner one for sentiments. Because they're so cumbersome I tend not to pull them out and use them much though.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 04:57 AM   #32  
Gallery Gazer

For those using CD cases, maybe DVD sized cases do the trick for you, Stampin’ Up! Sells empty ones and they also have wide ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doris BView Post
For those using CD cases, maybe DVD sized cases do the trick for you, Stampin’ Up! Sells empty ones and they also have wide ones.

Do the stamps stick to the case or do you need to add something to make 'em stick? TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 06:41 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

If they'll stick to a MISTI or block, they'll stick to the case...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2019, 06:58 AM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Yup exactly what Sue said.
For unmounted if you could have 2 thickness of sets, one on each side
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

I go through my studio at least once a year to declutter, purge and organize following the Konomari method by Marie Kondo's which is described and demonstrated by the "thefrugalcrafter" Lindsay Weirich.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

I watched the video and the stash still seemed massive at the end, but that’s because she teaches, is both an artist and a crafter, makes videos, blogs and more. Since I’m just a hobbyist crafter, I found another video that resonated. I’ll try to find the link.

I went through my stash and filled a small SUV to donate everything to a non-profit thrift shop that gives $$ to a group that goes into areas after natural disasters or in large-scale hoarding situations to help animals.

Now I keep a donate box under my desk and no matter what supply I’m reaching for, I scan for what else can go. Even after doing a massive purge there seems to be more.

I’ve always wondered why - for any type of decluttering, and asked an organizing/decluttering guru whose system I use, during a group phone call. She suggested it was like if we read a book or see a movie twice, we notice things the second time that we didn’t pick up the first time.

The first time around people may tend to move very quickly. But later, with much less stuff, there can be more careful focus. Not exactly Marie Kondo, but it helped me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

Received 279 Likes on 79 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
... I’ve always wondered why - for any type of decluttering, and asked an organizing/decluttering guru whose system I use, during a group phone call. She suggested it was like if we read a book or see a movie twice, we notice things the second time that we didn’t pick up the first time.

The first time around people may tend to move very quickly. But later, with much less stuff, there can be more careful focus. Not exactly Marie Kondo, but it helped me.

I say 'whatever it takes to get the task done". I'ved condensed and purge enough to let the storage containers go as well as the stuff.
Enough is enough, I'm going to use up what I already have on hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #39  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I say 'whatever it takes to get the task done". I'ved condensed and purge enough to let the storage containers go as well as the stuff.
Enough is enough, I'm going to use up what I already have on hand.

Ditto the containers. I’ve gotten rid of many, but have some in an area away from my office/craft room. Since we’re decluttering the entire house in what I call a “foove,” (a fake move), some may be handy elsewhere.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Warning: This post is an exact duplicate of the post on in the organizing embellishments thread. It applies both places, so I'm putting it both places...

I'm sort of a broken record - my apologies - but, since the topic is being discussed again, here is a thread I chimed in on about embellishments (posts #8 and #11), as well as an idea to help with dies/punches without pulling them all out (post #22). May be something helpful...

Reply With Quote Likes