Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #1  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tupelo Design

Is Tupelo Design still having shipping issues? They sent out emails that said they had employees that were ill and the shipping on orders would be delayed. I notice they are having sales and just wondered if the orders were being delayed.
Thanks for any info.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2018, 08:37 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the message about having 2 sick employees has been there since April.

My April order took 5 weeks to ship. My June 16 order has not shipped yet. I've ordered from them many times, and it usually took a week or two to ship, but it was overnight shipping once it got out the door. I just knew not to order anything needed urgently.

However, this last order will probably be my last until I hear things have improved. Five weeks to ship items supposedly in stock is too long. If they are still short-staffed due to illness, having multiple sales will just get them that much more behind.

Added to that, I won a Tim Holtz Tonic stamp platform during their January birthday sale. It was supposed to ship in February, then April. I emailed them on June 26 to ask about it, and there has been no answer.

My concern is that they are accepting orders for products not yet in stock without informing the customer. When companies start using funds from current orders to then order the stock to fill those same orders, the end isn't far away. They could save a ton of money by not doing overnight shipping.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbdView Post
Is Tupelo Design still having shipping issues? They sent out emails that said they had employees that were ill and the shipping on orders would be delayed. I notice they are having sales and just wondered if the orders were being delayed.
Thanks for any info.

You might want to read through this current thread about Tupelo, and contact your credit card company to dispute the charge if it�s been a while.

Tupelo Designs Sale a lot of freebies and free shipping by Bohodiva at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2018, 04:38 AM   #4  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

This is so sad. I go WAY back to the original 'Mom and Pop' who named their business after their beloved dog. I used to love spending there, but no more. The guy who bought it has killed it. I haven't ordered in about a year because of the situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2018, 05:34 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

It is very sad; I liked them a lot, and had emailed with the owner. But before being sold there were problems with orders not being shipped, partial orders, and using free US Post Office Priority mailing supplies to ship items through other carriers.

Maybe problems were why - or partially why - they sold the business. But I agree it’s sad, and unfair to customers.

I think disputes are much easier to handle with credit card banks than with PayPal, though of course it depends on the bank and maybe your history. But often you just pick up the phone and ask to dispute a charge, followed up with a form. I’ll only use PayPal with companies known for excellent customer service, unless there’s no other way to pay and I really want the item!

Last edited by bjeans; 07-14-2018 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad I caught this thread(and got to see the earlier thread too). Up until now, I thought it was just me having the problems with them: long waits, shipment error, and multiple deliveries to an address I haven't lived at in many months (even though all order and profile address info was up to date).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2018, 08:41 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Update to post #2:

From my order on June 16, part was shipped on July 27, 6 weeks later! There is no word on the missing items, and they have not been refunded. I still have a couple of weeks before a PayPal dispute deadline.

The Tim Holtz Tonic stamp platform that I won in January was supposed to be shipped in February, then April, then June, then the week of July 17. The store is currently showing 8 platforms in stock, so for them to not fulfill a prize won 6 months ago is ridiculous and in no way acceptable.

I was a good customer, and recommended their store to others. Their actions have completely ruined that!

They're still sending out almost daily emails advertising sales. If there is still an issue with sick employees, then there needs to be more than a 4-month-old vague message. It needs to be updated with current wait times. If I know when placing an order that it will be a 6 week wait for a partial shipment, that is ok...as long as I know that is the case. If the items are all supposedly in stock, then a 6-week wait only to find out items are out of stock won't work.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #8  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

There are just too many other places to shop. I used to place orders and they would be shipped within a couple of days. I'm like you, I shake my head when I open an email with new sales and product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Aug 3 update: There has been no answer to my 7/31 email. But of the remaining items from the 6/16 order one shipped and is out for delivery today, the other was refunded. So it took 7 weeks this time and mention of a Paypal dispute, but there is resolution.

However, they have not answered the question of what they intend to do about stamp platform prize that I won back in January. It was originally supposed to be shipped in February, then April, then June, then definitely the week of July 17.

As mentioned earlier, they are showing 8 platforms in stock. To not ship one of them to a prize winner from over 6 months ago shows a deliberate decision. I wish I could contact the other winners to see if they received their prizes.

If they kept updated shipping info somewhere I would be fine with slow orders. It seems to be getting slower and slower. With no communication and unanswered emails, a customer is left to wonder whether the company is about to go under and therefore a bad risk even if the prices are good.

Not fulfilling announced prizes - with that I'm definitely not fine - especially when the prize is in stock, and they keep running new sales and prize offerings.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Cross-posting this from the Announcements forum, since I had griped in both places:

Aug 3 Update #2: Well, well! I wasn't home when the backordered die set was delivered by FedEx today, but was so very excited to see that the box was too big for just dies (the tracking had said the package was 8 ounces). Tupelo finally sent the stamp platform promised since January!

I'm very excited to finally get it, and will need to try it out tonight. I almost ordered a platform this morning from another vendor, thinking that Tupelo would never come through.

With all the struggles with this order and the prize delivery, I'm not ready to order from them again anytime soon, but do wish them the best. If they can work their way back to being a reliable shipper, that is good for everyone in the crafting community. They carry lots of brands and usually have good prices. I would really like to be a customer again at some point.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I would have found this thread before I placed a order. I found this site and thought to give it a try. I had no idea it takes months to get a order and I did send a email curious as to when they would ship the order since it has been over 2 weeks and no reply. It pays to do a search on here about a online company before I place a order. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #12  
sbd
Rubber Obsessor

This is just so sad to me. Tupelo used to be my 'go to' site then there was a change of ownership. Guess all good things must come to an end, but... sort of makes me wonder about the ethics of the ownership. If you can't ship... hold off on running sales and getting paid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes. I don't understand why I keep getting emails about sales they are having but they can't even ship a order they took the money for. It was not a pre-order item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbdView Post
This is just so sad to me. Tupelo used to be my 'go to' site then there was a change of ownership. Guess all good things must come to an end, but... sort of makes me wonder about the ethics of the ownership. If you can't ship... hold off on running sales and getting paid.

After a while I had problems when the original owner was there, before selling. And didn�t like that he used free USPS Priority Mail supplies to send things Fed Ex. (They�d cover up the USPS markings.)

There�s a longer thread about it all somewhere.

Credit cards charges are often easier to dispute than PayPal charges - my bank requires only a quick phone call. The charge is removed and a follow up form sent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I got a reply to my email. Apparently my items are on back order till 10/19. Ok wish I would have known the items were on back order before purchasing. Even sending a email to me to let me know the items were on back order and to see if I still wanted to order them would have been nice. I could have taken my money else where.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2018, 02:42 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Country TwinkleView Post
I got a reply to my email. Apparently my items are on back order till 10/19. Ok wish I would have known the items were on back order before purchasing. Even sending a email to me to let me know the items were on back order and to see if I still wanted to order them would have been nice. I could have taken my money else where.

While the info they provided may be true, I wouldn�t count on it, given the large number of ongoing problems. You may want to consider canceling your order and contacting your credit card bank if they don�t quickly refund your money. Another thread -

Tupelo Designs Sale a lot of freebies and free shipping - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2019, 09:52 PM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Palette icon Tupelo Designs

I just had an excellent experience with Tupelo. I made a purchase on 3July and received a confirmation of order email. The shipping notification (FedEx), with tracking number (and trackable link) was emailed 10July, and the order was received in full the very next day. I also received a coupon code ($5 off my next purchase of $50) for being a first-time customer.

I never experienced any of the complaints many other posts report, so I am hopeful that they have become more organised. The prices are excellent and orders over $9.99 qualify for free domestic shipping which is the best I have come across!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2019, 04:34 AM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marla TrindadeView Post
I just had an excellent experience with Tupelo. I made a purchase on 3July and received a confirmation of order email. The shipping notification (FedEx), with tracking number (and trackable link) was emailed 10July, and the order was received in full the very next day. I also received a coupon code ($5 off my next purchase of $50) for being a first-time customer.

I never experienced any of the complaints many other posts report, so I am hopeful that they have become more organised. The prices are excellent and orders over $9.99 qualify for free domestic shipping which is the best I have come across!

Glad for your experience, though I’d never try again unless the business has been sold.

Are they still taking free US Postal Service Priority supplies/boxes but sending things UPS or FedX?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

I noticed that free shipping for over $10 and thought that was interesting. They also have a banner that is on every page that says "Let’s Celebrate USA Independence Day with an Up to 50% OFF EVERYTHING in store SALE – No Exclusions!!! Use the DISCOUNT CODE HotJulyPromo50 at Checkout" but the code does not work....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 05:13 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Yes, I noticed that the discount is still being advertised. My order did qualify for the discount, but the order was placed on the 3rd. The invoice didn't show the individual item discounts, just an overall saving of 25%. So I was fooled by the "up to 50%" discount, but was happy to receive 25%.

I guess there are still some signs of not keeping things completely up to date, and in this regard can be classified as false advertising.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2019, 05:37 AM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Marla, glad you pointed out the "up to" part. Somehow my eyes always see the 50% off part but not the "up to". I guess that's what it's all about - getting our attention. But yeah, that would be false advertising about the banner code not applicable.
Reply With Quote Likes