View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #23
cardsbynikki
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanPaigeMommyView Post
Newbie here -- what is a score board?
As for plastic score-boards there are two that I know of - the Martha Stewart Score Board and the Scor-pal.

They are a large piece of plastic, and they have grooves every so often at certain measurements. The MS Score Board has grooves every 1/8" and the Scor-Pal has grooves every half-inch with some 1/8" grooves. The Scor-Pal has a left, right and top "fence" which keeps the paper secure while you score. The MS one has a top and left fence but not a right fence.

You put your paper on the board, then using the scoring tool that is included with the scor-board, you run it down the paper in the groove. It creates a deep score on your paper.

I don't have the MS one, but do have the Scor-Pal. I thought it'd be a luxury item but I use it every single time I craft. It has made my life easier! I prefer the Scor-Pal, because even though it doesn't have as many grooves, it has that right fence which is a total must for me, and the scores are very nice and deep. It scores my thick 120lb cardstock very well, and I've yet to jump the track or tear my paper.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!