Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's Going On With My Blog?

Today I opened my blog and there is an annoying ad for photobucket that is overriding everything on my page. I don't know how it got there but there is no "x" or "close" on it to get rid of it. And now, my background is gone too. The little ad for cutest blog on the block is still there, and the html is there but not my background.

Thinking this might be a Blogger issue, I went to a few other blogs who use Blogger and none of them seem to be having this issue. I didn't change any settings so I can't imagine why this is happening. Can someone help me to get rid of the ad and get my background back? TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

The photobucket "ad" says your bandwidth is exceeded. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I saw that too but I don't understand it. I don't use Photobucket so I don't know how I could exceed anything on it. And I just started my blog very recently so, if that's related to the popup, I don't understand. I don't have that much content on it compared to a lot of other folks so I can't imagine I have exceeded anything. And I'm not quite sure what my bandwith maximum would be anyway. And I would think that if it was a problem on my end, that only I would see this and not anyone who was on my blog. I've never heard of anyone else having this problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Is is possible that your background image is hosted at Photobucket?

My Blog - Crafting The Web | Illustrator and Designer for - Gina K Designs

2012 Design Team Member - Spellbinders
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

My SIL and I were looking around at some blogs tonight and hers was doing the exact same thing. But only her page and nobody else's. I'm wondering if CBOTB deleted something from photobucket that has to deal with the background layouts or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Since I'm still having the same issue this morning, I went to CBOTB to see if there were any issues posted. There was one, but that was way back in August.

I figured I would try to re-load the background by getting the code from their site and deleting what I had and putting that in. But I can't find the background I used anywhere on their site. This is really dissapointing because I designed my banner and all my font colors based on that background.

For now, I copied the code and saved it to a word document so I would have it later on if I can get it to work again. But I deleted it from my blog. This did make the Photobucket box disappear. I did notice that the code contained the words "photobucket" in it, so obviously now, this is a related issue.

I emailed the webmaster there to find out what was going on and if there was a way to fix it.

Last edited by peebsmama; 11-17-2008 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

The webmaster at CBOTB contacted me and it turns out that the background I was using was submitted by someone who then withdrew it from Photobucket. That's why it wasn't coming up and I was getting the Photobucket error box. Fortunately, I was able to copy the html code, save it and reimport it and it's working for me again.
Reply With Quote Likes