Trifold Pocket Card
by Beate Johns
Create a pocket card out of one piece of patterned paper.
- One 8" x 8 1/2" piece of patterned paper or cardstock for the pocket card
- One 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of cardstock for insert
- One 1 3/4" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock for band
- Additional cardstock and patterned paper to decorate
- Paper Cutter with scoring tool
- Plate or other rounded object
- Scor-Tape™ or other real strong adhesive
- Ribbon and other embellishments
Line the 8 1/2" side of the patterned paper with the bottom of the paper cutter. Score at 2 1/4" and 6 1/4".
Turn patterned paper 90 degrees and score at 2 1/2".
Cut the outer 2 1/4" x 2 1/2" scored panels off.
Trace an arch on the top of the trifold with the help of a bowl or plate.
Cut traced arch with scissors.
Save time when making multiples and construct a template by following step 1-5 with a piece of old card stock or a manila file folder.
Pre-fold all scored lines.
Add a border underneath the curved sides with coordinating card stock if wanted. To learn how to make scallops with the corner rounder, check here.
Fold sides in and tape bottom flap.
Decorate the 1 3/4" x 8 1/2" strip of cardstock.
Score strip at 4 1/8" and 8 1/4".
Add Scor-Tape™ (or other strong adhesive) to the 1/4" wide glue tab.
Tape the belly band together and decorate pocket front.
Trace the pocket arch onto the 3 3/4" x 5 1/4" piece of cardstock.
Cut the arch and decorate.
Be proud of your curves
Fold bottom flap up first and tape side panels on top of it. Leave the belly band off to show off your curved sides.
Gift Card Holder
Try scoring a Carousel Note at 1 3/4" on the left and right, 2" on the bottom to create a small pocket, perfect for gift cards.