Double Z-Fold Card
by Beate Johns
Add a few score lines to a cardstock strip to create a unique card fold.
- One 5 1/4" x 12" piece of cardstock for card base
- Two 1 3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock for side panel
- One 3 3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock for inside of card
- Patterned Paper to decorate panels (optional)
- Additional cardstock for center panel
- Scor-Pal™ or other scoring tool
- Scor-Tape™ or other strong adhesive
- Dimensional adhesive
- Stamps (Verve Stamps Believe used here)
Score cardstock at 2", 4", 8" and 10".
Fold second score line in.
Fold the first score line back.
Repeat step 2 on other side of cardstock. Your card base is done.
Decorate the 1 3/4" x 5" pieces of cardstock. Adhere them to the side panels of the card base.
Decorate the 3 3/4" x 5" piece of cardstock and adhere to center panel of card base.
Tie card shut with ribbon.
Create focal point panel.
Add dimensional adhesive on the back side of your focal point. Only add adhesive on half of the panel.
Adhere main image over center of card panel.
Your card is done.
No Ribbon Closure
Add a smaller image slightly over your main image to keep the card shut (check the Joy Fold Card Tutorial for a sample of that closure).
To change up the size, divide your card length by 6 and score at 1/6, 1/3, 2/3 and 5/6 of the cardstock length. It's easiest if you decide how big you want your panels to be. For example. Your panel width is 1 3/4". Your final paper length will have to be 1 3/4" x 6 = 10 1/2". You would have to score at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 7" and 8 3/4".
After scoring your panels, cut the outer panels a bit smaller to let the second panel peek through.