This whole room only took me 5 hours to complete. I know you're asking how that could be possible, so I'll explain. First, I drew the horizontal line in pencil for the border, next, I drew little marks for block-sized increments. I first went around the room stamping all red blocks, then blue, etc. I decided that all red blocks would have yellow letters, yellow block would have blue letters, and so on. I wrote a tiny letter in each block, then I went around the room with my alphabet set and the yellow paint, then blue, etc. For the bottom of the wall, I was able to keep the spots evenly spaced by doing the following: I "eyeballed" a 4-block wide section of the lower wall and put 6 spots of each color in each 4-block section. And again, I did all red spots, then switched colors. Piece of cake and it turned out very cute (in my humble opinion).
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 GMT Views: 1758
Very nice job! Wish I had Stampin' UP! 22 years ago when I did my first nursery in all primary colors like yours. I spent a lot of $ on wallpaper and such. What a happy place to be! Makes me "boo whooey" thinking back at how much fun it all was! Now I am inspired to stamp my stamping room. I am crazy still for primary colors with a ME theme.
Registered: February 15, 2005 Location: I'm in the secret sister protection program. Posts: 3144
Wed, Feb 16, 2005 @ 9:49 PM
This is faster than wallpaper!! I wallpapered another room and it took longer. Same thing, bottom 1/2 of wall and border. Plus when you stamp, no frustration tearing the paper, etc. Also, it's much cheaper, you have stamps you can use later.
Registered: April 6, 2005 Location: Home sweet home! Posts: 17662
Mon, May 02, 2005 @ 1:28 AM
------------------------------ ~Sharon~ I'm a Proud wife of my OIF III & OEF veteran! Mommy of two beautiful girls! Ages 17 years & 2 years! We *heart* adoption! My Crafting BlogOur Family/Adoption Blog