Yesterday I made a card using cherry blossom dp that looks watercolored. I thought I would try my hand at painting my own blossoms. I started with a bubblewrap blue gelli print torn to size. I was painting at a swim meet so I only had with me two paint daubers and a couple of Gelatos along with my pencils. I painted my blossoms first in Antique Linen. Once dry, I used my two colors of Gelatos to add the pink color. I wet my brush and blended these in a bit then went back when dry and added more Gelato. I painted my branch in Adirondak Espresso paint. I used my pencils to add the brown details around the flowers. I also shaded around each with blue then gray and used a lighter brown over my dark brown paint.
When I saw today's Mixability challenge was to add raindrops, I decided to try to do that with my piece. I made a couple of attempts to draw drops on my flowers or branch, but didn't like the look so I decided to use the technique on my bubble wrap circles. Most already had some nice areas of white highlights and if they didn't I used my chalkboard marker to add some. I added stippling with an Indigo marker. I also used my chalkboard marker to add some white dotting around my flowers and branches. For my card, I kept it really simple and chose not to add a sentiment at this time. I may end up framing this one.
Added some closeups on the blog
Date: Friday, January 30, 2015 GMT Views: 1161