Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the wishblade print?

A girl at our LSS is talking me into buying a Silhouette and from what I understand - it doesn't print. So I am curious, does the wishblade print and cut?
I am looking up awesome projects online and seeing what places sell GSD files etc. It looks like GSD files would work on either machine.
I just hope this stuff isn't too hard to figure out or else I just won't use it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 07:46 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

The wishblade will hold a pen and can draw out rather than cut. I haven't played with it yet, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

With the Wishblade, Craft Robo, Klic n Kut, you can use a pen inplace of the blade to draw... but these are not printers, they are cutters.

With these cutters, you have to learn a program to use them. Some have more of a learning curve, but there is lots of help on the message boards, etc. If You are into just making a few die cuts, you might be better off with a Big Kick, or something along those lines, where you can just pop the die in and cut it. Which I love to do...lol..lol If you want to get into cutting tons of stuff, scrapbooking pages, using any font you want, etc... and the time into learning a program so you are not frustrated... then go for it....

I've put some links below to check out... Paper Threads has a great comparison of the different machines...in their forums, just register, (free)...

Good Luck,
Faith:cool:

http://www.paperthreads.com/forum/

http://www.thescrappinpath.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/easywishbladers/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wishblade/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I own a wishblade. I havent used the draw feature, but it does let you print from the program to your printer. It prints small lines in the corner to line it up so you can cut. I have only done it once or twice. Never enough time to play like I want!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2007, 08:11 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

This is an amazing place for free .gsd templates for the wishblade/craft robo

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

The wishblade is only a cutter although there is a pen attachment that you can supposedly draw with but I'll have to admit I've never used it. I do use the "print and cut" feature often. Just recently I needed a bunch of little frogs cut out. I stamped them, scanned them in, traced around them in the Wishblade program and then printed them from the wishblade software to my printer. It prints registration marks and then you load the paper with the registration marks into the cutter and it will cut wherever you traced the lines. I quickly cut out a whole page of little frogs which had been a pain to cut out. It does have a learning curve and you have to be dedicated to learning how to use it. It isn't something, for the most part, where you just sit down, turn it on and start cutting stuff.

I have a friend with one who is not very familiar with her computer other than email and surfing around. She has had quite a time learning to use her wishblade and has found it very frustrating. She is also someone with not much patience and is not real good at reading instructions.

I love my Wishblade! It does incredible things...but you do have to spend some time learning it.
Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I would say there is definitely a learning curve when it comes to the programs, but there are great tutorials on the Paperthreads forum to walk you through every step and on some of the yahoo groups.

Enjoy!
Chris Durnan
Freebie Cutter Files: GSD, WPC, KNK
visualdesignsbychris.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not sure if the new WB have this feature or not, but I have the older version and you are able to "print" on your regular printer and then run it thru your WB and it will cut around what you printed...like making a sticker. I THOUGHT I heard that the newer models were not going to have this feature, but I am not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

The wishblade will send print instructions from its program to your printer but the wishblade itself does not print. I do this all the time. I print what I want to cut out using registration marks. You then load the paper into the wishblade following the instructions (for which end goes in first), the wishblade then "reads" the registration marks in order to cut only what you want cut. I have a blue wishblade not the new pink one but I assume it works similar.
Reply With Quote Likes