Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:32 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn
Default Crafters Companion

So who has one? Who bought one after seeing the product review? I DID!
I can't wait to get it, looks really fun and useful!
Here's a link to the SCS Product Review if you didn't see it yet (you may wanna buy it after you see this though, just a fair warning!;))
Product Focus The Ultimate Crafter's Companion Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

I'm wondering what are YOUR favorite parts of the companion? What do you love about it? I'm excited about the box maker and envelope maker, even the embossing elements look really cool!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

My stamping friend bought one at CHA last summer. She likes it a lot (so do I!) and has made some very pretty embossed cards with it. The dvd that came with here has a lot of information and tutorials for different shaped cards as well as explosion boxes.

In fact, we both made a three-tiered explosion box in well under a half hour using the crafters companion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:55 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

Thanks Robyn! I'm excited for that feature
Have you guys done any other Central Florida shoe box swaps? I remember meeting you and a bunch of other ladies a couple years ago at one, how much fun was that!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 2nd edition of the ultimate and hate it. The cutter is worse then useless, the hinges are so flimsy they fall off. Even the score markings can be a problem, lean the embossing tool too much to the wrong side and your gatefolds wont meet/will overlap and you'll get a large leading edge on a normal card.

To be honest I've had that many problems with crafters companions products that I'd never buy anything from that brand again. I'm not alone either, the UK forums have had many many complaints about the ultimate, their spray glues, flower fairies cd, & the spray varnish and most that have complained have also complained about poor customer service. The only thing I will give them credit for is the ultimates carry bag, it's great for storing embossing boards from the GlitterGirls.

There are more than a few of us Brits paying through the nose to get score pals and scorits instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I purchased the Enveloper and Top Score several years ago. I never used it after trying it out. I find the measurements to be off for US standard sizes and the envelope sizes are limiting. I don't care for the style of envelopes it makes either. Instructions are poor also. Personally, I don't feel the new products from the same company are worth the money.

I then purchased the Scor-Pal and love it. It can be used for scoring of anything....cards, boxes, envelopes and any other projects. I use it for all scoring.

These are just my opinions.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 06:02 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I purchased the Enveloper and Top Score several years ago. I never used it after trying it out. I find the measurements to be off for US standard sizes and the envelope sizes are limiting. I don't care for the style of envelopes it makes either. Instructions are poor also. Personally, I don't feel the new products from the same company are worth the money.

I then purchased the Scor-Pal and love it. It can be used for scoring of anything....cards, boxes, envelopes and any other projects. I use it for all scoring.

These are just my opinions.

Patti
WOW- I would have to disagree with almost everything you said. I've had the Enveloper and Top Score since they came out and LOVE them! I bought the Ultimate to get the extra options and now use them interchangeably depending on what I want to do. I also have several other products from this company (rock-a-blocks come immediately to mind) and have found everything they make to be very user friendly and innovative.

There is a chart available on the company website with more than 100 different envelope sizes and the scoring directions for each of them. Once you figure out the ratio of card size to envelope, you can literally make an envelope of any size- but with so many of the calculations already done, I've never had to do this.

Personally I like the pointed envelopes much more attractive than the ones from the Scorpal- and soooo much faster and easier to make!

My Scorpal is the tool that sits unused most of the time- I always reach for something from Crafter's Companion first!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Crafters companion

I don't care for Crafters Comapnion. I saw videos, ran out and bought one and now it just sits there. I find the US one doesn't score properly to match up the sides on gatefold cards... For regular folds (1 fold) cards its good, but I can already do that without it. I also saw a video where that question was posed and she said that gatefold cards are not meant to completely meet in the middle- there is suppose to be a gab. I saw it on You-Tube (the interview). I am getting ready to order the scor-pal and I know this will meet my needs much better. I own several CD's that can be bought off Crafters Companion website and love those...

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I also saw a video where that question was posed and she said that gatefold cards are not meant to completely meet in the middle- there is suppose to be a gab.
Really? That's interesting. Gate folds are to meet exactly in the middle with no gap. The Scor-Pal has score channels specifically to do this for an A2 gate fold - 2-1/8" and 6-3/8" - and are indicated by a . (dot) above the channel.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I just saw this thread and had to add my two cents (hehe). I just bought this from a lady on craigslist lol I cheat! Super great deal 30 dollars and it was brand new in the package. I'm assuming that she got it and just didnt vibe with it. I've been playing with it for the last 2 hours and I've made like 9 envelopes, 7 boxes and a few cards. It was super easy. And everything lined up perfectly. I love it. I didn't know that the website had additional sizing options so I have to bid ado and head on over there. Good luck no matter what you buy and happy crafting. Love to all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Received 372 Likes on 222 Posts

I have the original CC boards, and I love them. My gatefolds meet perfectly. The A2 envelope measurement had to be adjusted a little bit, but everything else worked out fine. I find their Customer Service to be wonderful. I asked for a replacement booklet, which I offered to pay for, and I received it a few days later - free of charge. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. Happy crafting!
Reply With Quote Likes