Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How do you store PTI mini sets?

I have several of the mini sets and right now, they are in their original packaging and inside the new style SU wood mount cases. I can fit probably 15 sets in one of those containers. I am not a fan of the CD jewel cases and most of my PTI full sets have been moved to the SU DVD cases...I am almost wondering if I should just merge all of those mini sets into DVD cases as well. Right now if I want a stamp from a mini set, I have to shuffle through the case, take the set I want, open it up...remove the plastic liner and set it aside...grab a block, stamp, clean it....put it back onto the sheet, put the plastic liner back on...slide it back into the envelope and put it back into the case with the others. Kind of a pain and I end up with stamps and liners and envelopes strewn all over my table. I like to keep things "closed" up, I am a big fan of containers. How do you store yours? Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I store mine the same way you do, Mel In SU full sized wood mount cases.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I just saw something pretty cool and I might try it for these. It is a Mini Binder and it is pretty much the same as the wood mount cases that I am using but it has binder rings in it. It snaps closed so that nothing will fall out if it should come "un-stuck" and that is a beautiful thing!! They are a little bigger than the SU wood mount cases though...they are almost the size of a full sheet of paper. I am going to keep looking and see if I can find one smaller, like 1/2 sheet of paper Then it will fit nicely with the set up that I am currently using.

http://www.unikeep.com/binders-and-a...binder-a5

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 08-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: link to mini-binder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A long time ago ;-D I bought a whole bunch of page pockets that I was going to use to store some sample cards - they have 4 pockets to a page and the pockets were too short so they just sat in a pile. They are perfect for my PTI mini sets and matching dies. I keep the pages together with rings since binders are just way to bulky for me.

erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I store them with all my other mini clear sets from other companies. I store all my clear sets by size, not by company or subject matter. Easier for me that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-04-2014, 04:19 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I am waiting for my new binders to arrive...Husband ordered them last week but with the weekend and the holiday, they are still in transit. I am excited to see how this works for me. Not sure if I should start a new thread for this or not...BUT...when storing your stamps in notebooks or on the clear sheets, how do you index (?) them? When I have tried to stamp on the clear pages, the ink never dries :( The ones that are stained will be easy to identify but there are several that are still clear. The regular PTI sets come with stickers but not the mini sets...I wish every stamp company had a sheet of those with the stamps!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2014, 03:12 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 296 Likes on 115 Posts

Just stamp the images on plain white cardstock cut to size and put it with the set - inside the page protector, if you're using them, or punch holes so it can go into the binder that way...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2014, 05:48 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I wanted to come back and update this one I finished with my new system and I am SO HAPPY!!! I started off only planning on doing the mini sets and ended up just going ahead and doing all of them. I had no idea how many clear sets I had!!! I will say, if anyone is planning on doing this, make sure your room is ventilated well. After opening all of my packs (I have always stored them in the original packaging) my room STUNK! Wooh, horrible. I was able to make insert covers for the cases I got so they are all marked along the spine and then there is a list of the sets inside on the front cover. I am not sure how to explain my organization of them...In my mind, they all have something in common with one another but it is not really defined. Does that make any sense at all to anyone? I guess it is a "style" more than anything else. You know how you can just sort of KNOW which stamp company makes a stamp when you see it? I have one set called "Confetti" by Mama Elephant that, to me, is very "PTI"-ish so I have it in with my PTI stamps. All of this could change tomorrow but for now, this is how I have them. If I can remember, I will take some pics later on and post them. Thanks everyone for your input!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I am having a time with these pictures :( I did put them to a gallery though...under Mission Organization Here is where they are in my personal folder...there are 3 pictures

The Stamps! by CraftyMel2 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes