Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #1961  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Hey! Happy Friday every one. Any big plans this weekend?

I plan on getting the tree decorated, finally. I need to make two gift card holders too.
waiting for the ice to melt mostly LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #1962  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpyscrpr2View Post
I just got home from the store...wonder what I bought...... :-D
something crafty?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #1963  
Stampin' Fool

Morning
If you got some of this wintry stuff,stay safe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #1964  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

No wintry stuff here just freakin' cold outside. It is only 6 degrees outside right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #1965  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, I'm not going anywhere!!!!!
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #1966  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Quote:

Good morning!

No wintry stuff here just freakin' cold outside. It is only 6 degrees outside right now!
I think it was 4 degrees here this morning! But got called out at one am to go to Moms. She had fallen, (third time this week) I spent the night again after I got there. We are now looking for another angel, to spend nights with her.
God has sent two angels so far when we needed them, am praying for another.

I had wanted to play VSN, but don't think I will get too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #1967  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sharon, I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

What is she doing at 1am? Is she falling because it is dark and she can't see or is she prone to falling during the day as well?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #1968  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Quote:

Sharon, I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

What is she doing at 1am? Is she falling because it is dark and she can't see or is she prone to falling during the day as well?
She is trying to pull herself up on her walker to go to the bathroom. She has no strength in her arms. We leave the light on, and just got her a commode by het bed, but the ALS is just progressing.
Has hard time pulling herself up in day, too, but hasn't fallen yet. But when we are there in daytime, we help her. We being me, Hospice and the , lady I hired to feed her at night. Just loosing what strength she had.
Thanks for prayers. I will be spending nights with her until we get someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #1969  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,079 Likes on 859 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I think it was 4 degrees here this morning! But got called out at one am to go to Moms. She had fallen, (third time this week) I spent the night again after I got there. We are now looking for another angel, to spend nights with her.

So very sorry to hear this about your mom Sharon. Is it not possible for her to go to an assisted living facility where there is someone all the time available to help her? Or is it that she won't go. I would really be afraid of something happening to her where she can't call you to come help her.

Of course sending up prayers that you'll find the right person to step up and help out.

Sorry you didn't get to play in the VSN.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #1970  
Quacker Stamper

Last night I went to my DGD's last Madrigal Choir performance. I left from the office and went out to my DD's house to meet them before going to the school. It's a play and dinner. They serve the 5 course meal over the space of the evening, so it takes a long time to get to the entre. :rolleyes: There are six choirs that perform during the show as well as watching the play part of it. It's an old English royal court. Her choir did a great job, and I think they got the most applause of the night. :grin: We didn't get out of there until after 10 PM I bid on some auction items, but didn't win anything. Also bought raffle tickets for some huge baskets, but they won't draw for them until after the show tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #1971  
Quacker Stamper

This morning I had to take one of my outside kitties to the vet. Her face and head were a mess and she could hardly open her eyes. Turned out she had a serious case of mange with mites and eggs all over her head, ears and face. Poor thing. This just started a few weeks ago and she's not always around so I didn't see until this morning how bad off she was. I found her on my front porch instead of in the back yard. Took her right over to the vet and they gave her a medicated bath, cleaned up her head, ears, and face as best they could and she got 2 shots, one for the mange and one antibiotic for an underlying skin infection. She gets to go back in 2 weeks for follow up shots. The vet said that she'd be okay and it would clear up. I sure hope so because she's one of the very few that is friendly and will let me pick her up otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take her to the vet.

I've got to figure out if I can where she picked it up from. I noticed that one of the other outside cats has lost a lot of hair off his tail, but he's not all messed up like she is. I'll need to trap him. He's not mean, but he also won't let me get close to him.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #1972  
Quacker Stamper

I did make a run this afternoon to the grocery store. It was great because I had 2 gift cards to use, so I didn't have to pay all of it today. Of course, I paid when I bought the GC's. :mrgreen: But it feels like you're getting something for free at the time.

Getting some laundry done and then going to go get my shower early and then I need to get some cards done in my stamp room.

I also want to do my online Christmas shopping this weekend. That might wait until tomorrow after I get my DT cards done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #1973  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

so sorry that your mom is having such a hard time of it. praying for you to find that angel to stay with your mom @nite

get some rest while you can during the day if at all possible being the caretaker for all those hours is very draining. dont want you to wear down your immune system with lack of rest and sleep. dont forget to take care of you <3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #1974  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
This morning I had to take one of my outside kitties to the vet. Her face and head were a mess and she could hardly open her eyes. Turned out she had a serious case of mange with mites and eggs all over her head, ears and face. Poor thing. This just started a few weeks ago and she's not always around so I didn't see until this morning how bad off she was. I found her on my front porch instead of in the back yard. Took her right over to the vet and they gave her a medicated bath, cleaned up her head, ears, and face as best they could and she got 2 shots, one for the mange and one antibiotic for an underlying skin infection. She gets to go back in 2 weeks for follow up shots. The vet said that she'd be okay and it would clear up. I sure hope so because she's one of the very few that is friendly and will let me pick her up otherwise I wouldn't have been able to take her to the vet.

I've got to figure out if I can where she picked it up from. I noticed that one of the other outside cats has lost a lot of hair off his tail, but he's not all messed up like she is. I'll need to trap him. He's not mean, but he also won't let me get close to him.

Hope Missy gets better soon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #1975  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good morning!

you're lucky. we have ice and lots of it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #1976  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

She is trying to pull herself up on her walker to go to the bathroom. She has no strength in her arms. We leave the light on, and just got her a commode by het bed, but the ALS is just progressing.
Has hard time pulling herself up in day, too, but hasn't fallen yet. But when we are there in daytime, we help her. We being me, Hospice and the , lady I hired to feed her at night. Just loosing what strength she had.
Thanks for prayers. I will be spending nights with her until we get someone.
I am glad you going to be spending the night with her until you find someone. That is scary that is she losing her strength. That is great you live close enough to be there and help her out.

Are there other options for her, like Maggie suggested? Can she move in with you?

I'm guessing she doesn't want to leave her home. That is hard to lose your independence.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #1977  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
you're lucky. we have ice and lots of it
I don't like ice. Stay inside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #1978  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Poor baby, I hope she gets to feeling better soon. There must be another cat or animal nearby or wherever she goes in the neighborhood that she got it from.

I hope the other cats don't get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #1979  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Poor baby, I hope she gets to feeling better soon. There must be another cat or animal nearby or wherever she goes in the neighborhood that she got it from.

I hope the other cats don't get it!
My thoughts exactly. I need to find out if one of the other ones is a carrier. The vet did tell me that flea prevention is also a good protection for mange also. I may do that for her after she gets all her shots. Unfortunately since she doesn't actually live in my yard, there's no way for me to tell what other cats she comes in contact with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #1980  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi! Late night check in for me. Sorry I have been missing lately. Wednesday night was the Christmas party, Thursday DH got his cast off and yesterday DD stayed home sick (so she says... I am not so sure) from school. Tonight we took DH out for a belated birthday dinner. He is coming along well. In a special shoe for six to eight weeks. I keep calling it a boot but it is a very large shoe. He is driving now so I am happy. No, Nancy he was not a tipper at all. LoL just a back seat driver. Ha-ha!
Ok... Craft club Christmas party location/venue was terrible. Food was good, staff was nice but terrible location for a Christmas party! We all had fun but we will never have that gal plan the party again. To add to it, she ordered take out for her DH and left early. Lol not even kidding you. She should of left last or close to it...not first and certainly not while we were still wrapping up the party. Really, no class. Hate to say it, but true.

DD did stay home yesterday but I do not think she was sick....just tired.

Dinner tonight was nice. Just the three of us went.

I received my swap items and all were great!

Maggie...cannot wait to hear what was in week 4 for Santa Sack. So sorry about your cat. Hate when any animal is sick.

Sharon, you're mom is in my prayers. Sorry to hear she has fallen!

I'm off to bed. Hope to visit your blogs tomorrow. I did post mine this week. I feel like my normal routine is returning since DH is slowly getting back to normal. He went grocery shopping today. It was great! So happy he is driving.

Stay warm Brandy. It's cold here in the desert. I had to break out my heated throw tonight.

See you back here tomorrow:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #1981  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers. It is still so cold outside. I'm still feeling kind of blah - blowing and coughing and just not feeling good. Think I'm staying home and inside where it's warm today.

Found Missy on the front porch again this morning. Took her around to the patio to get some breakfast and she ate a little bit and then crawled into the cat carrier out there. I think she would have been okay last night, but some people on the street behind us started shooting off fireworks! The airiel kind that make a lot of nose and scared all the kitties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #1982  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
Hi! Late night check in for me. Sorry I have been missing lately. Wednesday night was the Christmas party, Thursday DH got his cast off and yesterday DD stayed home sick (so she says... I am not so sure) from school. Tonight we took DH out for a belated birthday dinner. He is coming along well. In a special shoe for six to eight weeks. I keep calling it a boot but it is a very large shoe. He is driving now so I am happy. No, Nancy he was not a tipper at all. LoL just a back seat driver. Ha-ha!
Ok... Craft club Christmas party location/venue was terrible. Food was good, staff was nice but terrible location for a Christmas party! We all had fun but we will never have that gal plan the party again. To add to it, she ordered take out for her DH and left early. Lol not even kidding you. She should of left last or close to it...not first and certainly not while we were still wrapping up the party. Really, no class. Hate to say it, but true.

DD did stay home yesterday but I do not think she was sick....just tired.

Dinner tonight was nice. Just the three of us went.

I received my swap items and all were great!

Maggie...cannot wait to hear what was in week 4 for Santa Sack. So sorry about your cat. Hate when any animal is sick.

Sharon, you're mom is in my prayers. Sorry to hear she has fallen!
I'm off to bed. Hope to visit your blogs tomorrow. I did post mine this week. I feel like my normal routine is returning since DH is slowly getting back to normal. He went grocery shopping today. It was great! So happy he is driving.

Stay warm Brandy. It's cold here in the desert. I had to break out my heated throw tonight.

See you back here tomorrow:-)
Hi Brenda - I can't wait to get my Santa Pack too and see what's in it.

Glad to hear that DH is finally back up on his feet. I know that helps you a lot with not having to wait on him. ;)

Glad that you had fun at the party even if it wasn't exactly the way you would have liked it. Weird that the girl left early. Didn't see like she was much in the party mood. I actually skipped 2 parties yesterday - our office dinner and my church party. Wasn't much in the holiday mood.

I finally put the flannel sheets on my bed last night. It was so nice to sleep toasty warm. Didn't wake up at all last night. So good to sleep through the night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #1983  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Good morning Paper Bloggers. It is still so cold outside. I'm still feeling kind of blah - blowing and coughing and just not feeling good. Think I'm staying home and inside where it's warm today.

Found Missy on the front porch again this morning. Took her around to the patio to get some breakfast and she ate a little bit and then crawled into the cat carrier out there. I think she would have been okay last night, but some people on the street behind us started shooting off fireworks! The airiel kind that make a lot of nose and scared all the kitties.
Good morning! Sorry you are not feeling well Maggie. Maybe if you rest during the day you will feel better tonight. At least well enough to maybe craft :-) sorry about the firework thing. The poor cats! Our dog, Boots, is so afraid of them. Scares him.

Today I will be working on cards and doing laundry. If weather permits I hope to get a walk in. My DH has been talked into going to the mall with DD. There was no way. I was going today. I have a ton of laundry and want to stay put. I will be gone all day tomorrow...gift exchange and lunch with two friends. Want to get caught up on household stuff today. Unfortunately the one gals gift has never arrived. I ordered two cartridges from Cricut.com and they have yet to get here and have no ship date in site. May try to find the one at Joanne's if I decide to leave the house (which I doubt). Otherwise I will have to tell her what happened. I know she was having the same problem so I may not receive a gift tomorrow either. Lol The one cartridge is Beep Beep which is hard to find...had to order it. The other is. Tags Bags Boxes and More Two. That one I may track down at Joanne's.

Guess I have rambled on long enough. I will be by to visit your blogs today. Happy Sunday PBR!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #1984  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about your party Brenda.....I'm sure yours will be so much more fun :-)

It's snowing here....not going anywhere & I'm enjoying a Chai Latte right now :-D
Designing For:
613 Avenue Create
Crafting When We Can
Holly Jolly Christmas
Simply Create Too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #1985  
Quacker Stamper

I just went out to put some more food and clean water for the kitties. Missy came out of the carrier and she is so pathetic. I'm afraid that she's not going to make it. She seems so disoriented and not sure if she should eat or drink or what and she had a pitiful cry and she was skaking all over. Makes me so sad. I kind of put her back in the carrier. and put a bowl of food right outside if she's hungry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #1986  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Hi Brenda - I can't wait to get my Santa Pack too and see what's in it.

Glad to hear that DH is finally back up on his feet. I know that helps you a lot with not having to wait on him. ;)

Glad that you had fun at the party even if it wasn't exactly the way you would have liked it. Weird that the girl left early. Didn't see like she was much in the party mood. I actually skipped 2 parties yesterday - our office dinner and my church party. Wasn't much in the holiday mood.

I finally put the flannel sheets on my bed last night. It was so nice to sleep toasty warm. Didn't wake up at all last night. So good to sleep through the night.
know what you mean about toasty warm flannel sheets. love them.add an electric blanket means its warm when you get in as opposed to your body heat warming them. some days that waiting to get warm takes too long
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #1987  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I just went out to put some more food and clean water for the kitties. Missy came out of the carrier and she is so pathetic. I'm afraid that she's not going to make it. She seems so disoriented and not sure if she should eat or drink or what and she had a pitiful cry and she was skaking all over. Makes me so sad. I kind of put her back in the carrier. and put a bowl of food right outside if she's hungry.
so sorry about your kitty. i dont know how well cats take blankets.the additional warmth might help. maybe just underneath. or maybe a heating pad would do the trick. she wouldnt have to be covered just lay on the additional warmth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #1988  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello!

Maggie, sorry your kitty isn't doing so well. Did the vet say how long it will take for her to get better? Does the medicated bath kill all the mites? Poor baby. I hope she is feeling better.

Brenda, sorry your party wasn't so great. That was kind of rude of the person who coordinated it left early. It makes you wonder why she volunteered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #1989  
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie sorry your kitty isn't doing too well. So sad when an animal is sick. I hope you see an improvement tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #1990  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!

It snowed all day yesterday. I felt bad last night. I didn't think it amounted to very much and when DH got home from work (after leaving work late and 1 hour and 20 minute drive due to the snow) he plowed the driveway. It was around 4" of snow. I thought it was just a few inches. If I had paid much attention to how much snow, I would have plowed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #1991  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good morning!

It snowed all day yesterday. I felt bad last night. I didn't think it amounted to very much and when DH got home from work (after leaving work late and 1 hour and 20 minute drive due to the snow) he plowed the driveway. It was around 4" of snow. I thought it was just a few inches. If I had paid much attention to how much snow, I would have plowed.
is that instead of shovelling?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #1992  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

is that instead of shovelling?
yes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #1993  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

know what you mean about toasty warm flannel sheets. love them.add an electric blanket means its warm when you get in as opposed to your body heat warming them. some days that waiting to get warm takes too long
I sure hated getting out of my warm bed this morning, but had to come to the office. I don't want to use up the last bit of Time Off that I have. I need one day for my CA trip and if not used, I get paid for the rest of it. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #1994  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

so sorry about your kitty. i dont know how well cats take blankets.the additional warmth might help. maybe just underneath. or maybe a heating pad would do the trick. she wouldnt have to be covered just lay on the additional warmth
I didn't put a blanket over her, but put it over the carrier to keep the cold air out. I haven't seen Missy since Sunday afternoon. One of the other cats, Buddy took over the carrier, but I also think he has a case of mange although not near as severe as Missy had it, so I'm going to see about taking him to the vet on Friday when my boss will be out of town. I don't think I can count on doing the same things for him because I probably would not be able to get him back for a follow up visit.

Don't have electricity outside so no heating pad. There are a couple of cat pads that warm up when they lay on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #1995  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello!

Maggie, sorry your kitty isn't doing so well. Did the vet say how long it will take for her to get better? Does the medicated bath kill all the mites? Poor baby. I hope she is feeling better.

Brenda, sorry your party wasn't so great. That was kind of rude of the person who coordinated it left early. It makes you wonder why she volunteered.
She's scheduled to go back in 2 weeks for additional shots, so we'll see if she makes it that long. I don't think that they killed all the mites. The vet said they did the best they could. The shot is supposed to kill them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #1996  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Good morning!

I guess you'll think more about it next time, but don't fret about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #1997  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

yes
except you use a machine of some kind rather than elbow grease LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #1998  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I guess you'll think more about it next time, but don't fret about it.
I already forgot about! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #1999  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

except you use a machine of some kind rather than elbow grease LOL
There is still some elbow grease but not as much and no strain on your back. Also, it's faster!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #2000  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I already forgot about! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes