Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #521  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are three challenges I haven't done yet. Like you, Vicki, I am stuck on the spelling challenge, as well as the cupcake challenge, and I didn't have time for today's. I'm trying to stay on top of them as much as I can, because my mom is coming for a visit next week and I have to pack up the craft stuff so she has a place to sleep while she is here, so I sure I'll fall behind then.
I think the challenges have been really terrific this year - the hostesses are doing a great job. I've made a couple of cards that I really love and will likely duplicate in the future.

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #522  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm way behind too...but off for couple days so gonna get caught up....I am.....I am....teehee....at least I'm getting an early start today....thx to living in peri meno land...don't get much sleep...and I splurged on some twinkling waters with my HL coupon so I'm wanting to play....and going to an estate sale today of a local artist....so hope to find some fun stuff to play with there too...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 AM   #523  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdoyle8View Post
Ok gang -- let's start chatting it up....
I am behind by a bunch of cards. I can only stamp for a short time each day because of the disc surgery. I spent some time just trying to come up with some ideas tonight and I am stumped by a couple of the challenges ... the spelling challenge HYCCT has me scratching my head .. and so does the show tunes one. I know I'll come up with something .....
How about you guys?
I'm actually keeping up this year, but I didn't join in until partway through last year so I had started out behind and it is harder to catch up than keep up.
I was stumped by those two challenges as well! I kicked myself later when I went into the gallery and saw some of the "h" references because I was thinking of obscure things when, duh, heart was right there in obvious land! The hardest part of the show tune thing was getting the song out of my head when the challenge was over. My idea for that one was jumpstarted by a sentiment I'd looked at the other day when looking for something else and I think the sentiment or the main image might help you out (sunshine, rainbow, love, if you had a cute little girl "I feel pretty" ) You can do it!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #524  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I worked on the Emily Dickinson one last night before bed and I *think* my idea is okay. I just need to add a bow and a glue it all down. I'm still behind, by about four. I have Read All About It, Pinking Shears, Two Times the Fun, and today's to do.

The cupcake, shaped card, and the spelling ones took me forever to do! I didn't end up making a cupcake wrapper as everything I printed for templates for it and the shape card were off in size.

Laila ended up sleeping from 7 to 3, went back to bed at 4 and is just starting to stir at 8. Not too bad! She's such a good baby most of the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #525  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Quote:

Ok gang -- let's start chatting it up....
I am behind by a bunch of cards. I can only stamp for a short time each day because of the disc surgery. I spent some time just trying to come up with some ideas tonight and I am stumped by a couple of the challenges ... the spelling challenge HYCCT has me scratching my head .. and so does the show tunes one. I know I'll come up with something .....
How about you guys?
I'm 8 or 9 behind, we're packing tonight and gone for the weekend so will be more behind quick!
The spelling one is hard! And the two of everything I'm going to have to think through and probably make super simple. I want to use yellow chevrons is about all I know so far. ;)

For show tunes, I'm wanting to make one off Into the Woods. I have the Aspen background coming from A Muse. To be honest, I can't even remember if there is a song called that in the show, but I figure it's close enough. ;) There's Let's Go Fly a Kite, Defying Gravity, Be Our Guest, White Christmas, Get Me to the Church on Time, Zombie Prom, Summer Nights, When You Wish Upon a Star, Under the Sea, all of which should make a card. Hope that helps a tiny bit!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #526  

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyann22View Post
I worked on the Emily Dickinson one last night before bed and I *think* my idea is okay. I just need to add a bow and a glue it all down. I'm still behind, by about four. I have Read All About It, Pinking Shears, Two Times the Fun, and today's to do.

The cupcake, shaped card, and the spelling ones took me forever to do! I didn't end up making a cupcake wrapper as everything I printed for templates for it and the shape card were off in size.

Laila ended up sleeping from 7 to 3, went back to bed at 4 and is just starting to stir at 8. Not too bad! She's such a good baby most of the time.
How old is she? My youngest just turned one. She still doesn't sleep through the night, though. I'm in Pearland, where are you?
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #527  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm caught up except for today's challenge, always have to make cards when I get home from the office, but I manage to do it plus I already sent out 21 cards already which makes me feel good.

Have a wonderful day ladies.....

Hugs,
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #528  
Watercolor Wizard

Is everyone having as much fun with these challenges as I am? What a blast!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #529  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
Is everyone having as much fun with these challenges as I am? What a blast!
I am, it's making me think on some of the challenges which makes it fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #530  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp300View Post
I am, it's making me think on some of the challenges which makes it fun.
There have been a few that seemed to stump me initially but I'm a trooper and figured something out for them. Guess challenges make you think outside of the box! I often go to the galleries for inspiration (even casing but my cases don't look like the original anyway - it's just inspiration).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #531  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzbysmomView Post
There have been a few that seemed to stump me initially but I'm a trooper and figured something out for them. Guess challenges make you think outside of the box! I often go to the galleries for inspiration (even casing but my cases don't look like the original anyway - it's just inspiration).
I would have to agree with you, some have made me think out of the box.
I do look on Pinterest for inspirations & layouts, but some I do on my own. There's nothing wrong with that by far. It helps me give that little boost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #532  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Anybody else having difficulty uploading? I've two ready to upload-- today's challenge and the ways to use it challenge-- and I'm not getting the upload screen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #533  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Good Morning Peeps!!! I am NOT caught up, just when I see light at the end of the tunnel it's time for something ELSE to pop up and slippity sliding I go!!!!

I have AWESOME NEWS though!!!!! :mrgreen: Sizzix (on line site)is having a HUGE sale, the largest priced item in your cart is 40% off... INCLUDES the Big Shot Pro... so GUESS WHO GOT ONE??? THIS GIRL!!!! I ran down and told hubby it was 40% off and Santa NEEDED to get it NOW!!!!! Santa himself has made it on to the Good Boy List... it was iffy there for awhile... ;)

I am SUPER EXCITED... the sale is until the 23rd, US Customers only ( :( )
Coupon code is SZ1017WS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #534  

OK, headed upstairs to the cave I have HYCCT1214, 1217 & 1218 to do today.... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #535  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

EEEEK I can't wait till you get it!!!

You'll love it!!

And yes Brenda, we are having a hiccup.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #536  

ok, any of you gals that fall under that naughty enabler Kellijo's spell....please make sumptin purty so I can drool over it....I don't dare go look since I just got stamps from Crafty Secrets close out sale and then JoAnn's had spell binders on sale and I FINALLY got the pointsettia I've been lusting after for 2 yrs.....so no more spending for me for awhile....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #537  

Hee hee - she IS an enabler!!!

I just finished my card for Lynn's Pinking Shears Challenge and I love it! Hurry up camera!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #538  
Hardware Hotshot

KelliJo -Merry Christmas!!! What a great deal! I'm not even going to go look... I'm not. Really.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #539  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Okay, y'all, I just gotta share this! I was wandering through a local store this afternoon and stopped to look at fun reading glasses. Struck up a casual conversation about some that had pink ribbon cases and pink bling. She mentioned that her husband has cancer and they go to MD Anderson often. Being so proud to be a part of HYCCT, I told her about it. She got kinda teary-eyed and said, "I've gotten some of those cards, and you can't believe what a difference they make. Please let everyone know the cards are so gorgeous and they mean so much..."
So I got all teary-eyed and promised her I would definitely pass it along. I'm pretty sure someone had His hand in that; it's one of the neatest things that's happened in a long time!!!
QFTD 258

Last edited by jodylb; 10-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: My poor typing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #540  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

KelliJo -Merry Christmas!!! What a great deal! I'm not even going to go look... I'm not. Really.
Yeah, me neither. But oh, so jealous!
QFTD 258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #541  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodylbView Post
Okay, y'all, I just gotta share this! I was wandering through a local store this afternoon and stopped to look at fun reading glasses. Struck up a casual conversation about some that had pink ribbon cases and pink bling. She mentioned that her husband has cancer and they go to MD Anderson often. Being so proud to be a part of HYCCT, I told her about it. She got kinda teary-eyed and said, "I've gotten some of those cards, and you can't believe what a difference they make. Please let everyone know the cards are so gorgeous and they mean so much..."
So I got all teary-eyed and promised her I would definitely pass it along. I'm pretty sure someone had His hand in that; it's one of the neatest things that's happened in a long time!!!
Wow. Goosebumps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #542  

Quote:

Aw, tearing up here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #543  

Quote:

OMG. Chills...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #544  
VSN Coordinator

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Holy Cannoli that's incredible!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #545  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

How encouraging! thanks for sharing with us....a much needed boost!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #546  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Ok, how awesome is that??!!! A couple of months ago, I got a lovely thank you note from a woman who volunteers at MD Anderson - saying how much they appreciate our cards. Makes you feel warm & fuzzy all over, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #547  

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Wow, that's beautiful! Made me teary, too. Thanks for passing this on to all of us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #548  

Quote:

Oh Jodylynn that is AWESOME, got me all snotty blubbery here!!!! How super cool that you could see/feel the appreciation for what we do!!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #549  

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
EEEEK I can't wait till you get it!!!

You'll love it!!

And yes Brenda, we are having a hiccup.
IT SHIPPED!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #550  

*****PHEW*******

I am ALL CAUGHT UP... Thank goodness cuz I have OT for a full shift tomorrow.... I will be behind AGAIN.... LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #551  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
*****PHEW*******

I am ALL CAUGHT UP... Thank goodness cuz I have OT for a full shift tomorrow.... I will be behind AGAIN.... LMAO

We are not behind... we are just not .. well, caught up, I guess. .... LOL! I have so many undone challenges to choose from, I don't know where to start LOL!

SO KelliJo--- do you get to use your new toy when it arrives or do you have to wait until Santa puts it under the tree?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #552  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Ahhhhhhhh I have a pile of "done" cards (6) but haven't taken pics yet. I have all but 2 of the challenges done so far, but I really gotta get to bed. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! One more day til the weekend and I can play all day long!

The only 2 challenges I haven't done yet are the glitter challenge (I need a clean work area before I bust out the fun stuff!) and today's Vital Signs challenge.

Jodylynn - what a wonderful story! It makes this all seem so much more real that we are going to send these to folks who will really use them. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!

Now I'm gonna hit the hay before I get all "snotty blubbery" like KelliJo! :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #553  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelliJoView Post
I have AWESOME NEWS though!!!!! :mrgreen: Sizzix (on line site)is having a HUGE sale, the largest priced item in your cart is 40% off... INCLUDES the Big Shot Pro... so GUESS WHO GOT ONE??? THIS GIRL!!!! I ran down and told hubby it was 40% off and Santa NEEDED to get it NOW!!!!! Santa himself has made it on to the Good Boy List... it was iffy there for awhile... ;)
You are so tempting me especially after I had that Vagabond in my house... if I were the swearing type I'd have some choice words for the person who donated said broken machine to my thrift store! Now I've got a $74 credit at the thrift store instead of in my pocket. I just had an SU party and haven't put my order in yet, so now would be a poor strategic time to hit my DH up for an online big ticket item!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #554  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay! The free for all challenge is called Send Hope! this week and the challenge is to make a new card for one of the HYCCT challenges! I was up late just finishing a card that is totally my style and I can't wait to upload it tomorrow. Have a good night's sleep everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #555  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I'm actually keeping up this year, but I didn't join in until partway through last year so I had started out behind and it is harder to catch up than keep up.
I was stumped by those two challenges as well! I kicked myself later when I went into the gallery and saw some of the "h" references because I was thinking of obscure things when, duh, heart was right there in obvious land! The hardest part of the show tune thing was getting the song out of my head when the challenge was over. My idea for that one was jumpstarted by a sentiment I'd looked at the other day when looking for something else and I think the sentiment or the main image might help you out (sunshine, rainbow, love, if you had a cute little girl "I feel pretty" ) You can do it!!!!
Thanks Gail, for pointing out obviousland! I was stuck on this challenge and when I read your post about hearts, I finally got an idea! Got two more cards done tonight, woohoo!

--Henri Matisse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #556  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this! It's a great reminder that even small gestures can have a big impact.

--Henri Matisse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #557  

Gail, you REALLY should get one!!! HUGE savings!!!!

Vicki there is NO WAY I'm waiting!!! Shoot by the time he gets hime from work it will already be in its rightful place in the cave!!!! Lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 AM   #558  
Watercolor Wizard

Good morning ladies! TGIF! I hope everyone has a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #559  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliotstampsView Post
Thanks Gail, for pointing out obviousland! I was stuck on this challenge and when I read your post about hearts, I finally got an idea! Got two more cards done tonight, woohoo!
Love them both! Glad the jumpstart helped...sometimes that's all I need too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #560  

Happy Friday!

I've been working on Theresa's "Read All About It" challenge this morning. I'm a bit stuck on part of my card, but I have a couple of ideas and hope that one of them works!

I must be hormonal or something, but every time I read a story about people enjoying the cards I cry! I'm so happy to be a part of this.
Reply With Quote Likes