Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #4161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,953 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

TGIF!!!
(and Welcome to March!)
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #4162  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 328 Likes on 217 Posts

Yes Darlene - I am taking care - went back to the GP and had a good talk with him and came away more settled in my mind that things are fine and that I am doing the right things. A few more blood tests Monday (partially because some have not come back,) and a couple of others due to 'family history'.

Went to get some stuff out of the fridge last night and discovered water all across the bottom and on the floor.... so after tea I had to get to and have a good look-see. Turns out the drain had blocked, so after a thorough clean and some warm water through it, all is well - phew!

Today I tackle the small freezer - it's a combination fridge/freezer, that is well overdue a defrost and clean! Not a bad job on another hot, dry day.

No rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. Things are REALLY dry here :-(, and our area is about to be declared a drought zone. Hope the hosing restrictions don't get worse or my veggies will not like it. The lawns are all crispy brown - saves mowing them though :-)

Hope you are all well and looking after yourselves :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #4163  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say "morning" but it's early afternoon - so will say "afternoon" instead!

All is quiet on the home front today. Gotta go pick up my vehicle from the surgeon that fixing the windshield. I MAY even try to get a card made today! Yikes!

Maxine, y'alls weather sounds like what we've had the past two summers.....HOT AND DRY!

Kelly - I just saw your son on your Facebook page this morning! What a cutie!!!!! Hope y'all are having fun at the zoo.

Will pop back in later,
Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #4164  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #4165  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

I've got a guy coming today to give me an estimate on replacing the windows in my house. I talked to 2 banks on Friday to see about the financing. I have another company coming on Monday after work, so we'll see then what I'm going to do.

Tonight I'm going to a spaghetti dinner at church and silent auction. They are putting this on to raise money for the girls at church to go to camp in the Summer. I don't normally do stuff like that, but want to support the girls and I'm donating a set of cards that I made from a Scrappin Kit for the auction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #4166  
Forum Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 302 Posts

Morning Friends!

Maxine, glad to hear that you feel more confident about your health! {hugs & prayers}

Maggie: the spaghetti supper sounds like a fun time. It's nice of you to do what you can to support the cause. I'll bet your cards will get a lot of attention!

Lynn, what a relief to have calm weather and your windshield fixed. Here's hoping that you get some card making time.

Hello Jeanette!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #4167  
Die Cut Diva

Just popping in for a minute.......I'm actually making a couple of cards today!! WooHoo!

Maxine, glad you're doing good - remember, no stress and take care of yourself now!

Maggie, the silent auction sounds like fun. I always like to go to those. Very seldom bid on anything though. Hope you get a good price for the card set! Have fun.

Not alot going on today - just trying to get a couple of cards finished. The roofers showed up bright and early this morning and have been tearing shingles off the house all day long. What a mess!!!! Only good thing is that they'll have to clean it up though. Whew! Poor Rambo just doesn't understand what's happening and is barking his fool head off! Can't stand to have strangers all over his roof I guess.

Will check in later.

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #4168  
Hardware Hotshot

For anyone wondering about folks pinning to pinterest from your blogs, here is a very interesting link - with very understandable instructions!!

Protect Your Photos From Being Pinned On Pinterest - Practically Functional
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #4169  
Quacker Stamper

Home from the dinner. It was a fun time. I ended up with quite a few items that I bid on and some are going to be so much fun. I got a baby blanket that I'm going to give as a gift to one of the women having a baby next month. There are 3 that are due all about the same time. I also got a package of Mary Kay cosmetics. The rest are food related - an Enchillada dinner for 6 (when my family comes over); a banana pudding dessert (I'm good friends with this lady and I'll get it with the Enchillada dinner, and also a home-cooked dinner (not sure what this is or for how many). Then I won 3 boxes of Buckeyes! I'm giving these away too, one package to each of the ladies I visit every month. One was with me tonight, so I already gave her the box for her. Spent a lot of $$, but it was worth it.

Off to shower and get ready for bed. I cleaned out the kitties cage and now Corey is playing in the litter box making a mess again!!!!! Silly cat. He's in there chasing his tail around. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #4170  
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that link is VERY interesting! I've never tried to pin something and not had it go through. I can see why you'd want to put the code in there so people couldn't pin something though - especially with kids involved.

Maggie, so glad you go some goodies tonight! Sounds like so much fun!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #4171  
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Hi girls...just checking in to see if you are all behaving!! LOL
will be back to comment on your post tomorrow though...as it's close to midnight here and I SHOULD go to bed,but wanted to thank you all for your lovely thoughts about my recent friend's passing...I was able to organize a candle vigil on her FB page on Feb 28th ,which was also her first BDay in Heaven- and was soo pleased to see soo many people attending at the very same time and throughout the day too ,even her family stopped by to comment...Ube is missed by so manyyy...distances were non existant for a brief day ...I know she must have been smiling from above the clouds...♥

My 5yo sweetie pie is visiting this w/end
(came on Friday pm-until until tomorrow pm) and we've been busy having lots of fun
together...honestly,she is one of the most sweetest and kind hearted little girls ever!
and no ,this time I am not bias, she truly is! bless her lil heart ♥
such a happy lil person....singing and humming and twirling showing us her latest dance moves etc...lol...we are having sooo much fun with her....I keep asking Michela to stay little for me,to stop growing...but ,somehow,she's not buying into my request....lol...
Today we had torrential rain in our valley, and decided to make rainbow cookies after our lunch outing at Tim Horton (her favorite place)....
I also had a great couple hrs visit with our Gsons last night...we had not seen our boyz at all in the last two months!! :/ we missed them sooo much...and to think that they live only 2 km away....*sigh*
this nonna's heart aches...some of you may know the reason why...Let's leave it at that....♥

Have a great SUnday everyoneeee...only 3 mnst to a brand new day )
nighty niteee ya all....♥
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #4172  
Die Cut Diva

Morning!!!!!!!!

P, glad you got to visit with the grands this weekend! That's always so much fun. It really would be nice if we could just "freeze" their age sometime! LOL!

Maggie, what kind of windows are you getting - or looking at?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #4173  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good Morning, all!

We are enjoying the splendors of "Winter" here! It's a chilly 60s* and we are taking full advantage!

Maxine, thanks for the link! That's pretty scary! I actually considered leaving Pinterest last year when all that hoopla arrived about the whole copyright thing came out, but in the end, I'm not on it often enough to really make a difference. I just didn't have the time or energy to devote to "one more thing" but it's scary to think how often people steal from others. Like come on! I have had cards stolen. I even had a friend head me in the direction of a lady who copied one of my cards TO A "T" and entered it into a contest and won - $50! And yes, it had my c/o siggy on it, LOL. I just let it go. What can you do.

Sometimes you see that people post similiar things and you think, it would be nice if they give you credit by saying I was inspired by "this" but to downright copy it, or change it in a harmful way like that lady in your link with the shopping cart full of kids? That's just sad and mean.

Sorry, soapbox tangent! I actually have to get steppin' on a few cards this week so I'll be pulling an all-nighter since we're heading out the door!

Hugs to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #4174  
Forum Fanatic

Received 446 Likes on 302 Posts

Morning Addicted Friends!

Maxine, thanks for the informational link on pinning. I'm not very active in blog land or Pinterest, but it's good to be informed about such issues. It's always wise to remember that the internet is a very public place!

Lynn, I hope that you and Rambo have a peaceful week and that the re-shingling is over. It must have really been noisy while it was happening.

Maggie, what a haul from the silent auction! Sounds like a great time and a successful event.

Paola, sounds like a great weekend with your GKs. So happy for you!

Well, it's Monday. Already. LOL. Know what I mean?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 AM   #4175  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Yesterday was a very busy day. Started out with a meeting at 9 a.m. Then home to get ready for churh. After church just a short time before heading out to DD's for dinner. We had fajitas and they sure were yummy. Very tired when I got home so caught up on e-mails and then off to bed.

I'd like to ask for some prayers for the lady who heads up the PSC challenge. She's going through some serious health issues right now having tests and more tests to find out what exactly is going on with her.

Lynn, not sure there's a particular kind of window I'm looking for, just new ones. ;) I've got Lowe's coming to give an estimate tonight. My DD used them for hers. She told me that they didn't even get any other estimates, just used them. Someone else they knew used them. I checked with a lady I know from church and she told me they only replaced 4 windows once and they were $800 per window!!!!! I won't go with that company; I can get them done for 1/4 of that price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #4176  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

As you probably noticed, I wasn't here yesterday. That IS my Sunday pattern now... it works for me. Sunday's are so busy in our lives and it is supposed to be a day of rest. EEK!

Sweet P, I'm so glad you finally got to see those boyz! I'm sorry that saga continues, but thankful for the break in the clouds. And your sweet weekend housegues! How fun!

Kelly, that's crazy to think that someone would steal a design and make it her own for a contest. WOW! Scary stuff!

Maggie, I hope you find exactly what you want for windows - whatever that is - at the price that is right, too!

Maxine, I love Pinterest... I need to read your link!

Lynn, is the roof work finished now?

Darlene, I sure hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Hugs for all!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #4177  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning! And woohoo from a chilly Miami! We are having an 'artic blast' here today and I'm in heaven - can we say BLISS!! I almost hate to be in my house - I want to be out, out, out! Alas, laundry, dirty floors, dishes piled up ... doesn't my house know it's supposed to clean itself! :p

Maggie, many prayers for your friend battling scary health issues - will be on bended knee and include her in my daily prayers. Thank you for thinking of her

After fighting with a card last night, I wanted to ask you all how YOU do this ... so maybe I can just provide the DOTW! ;)

When creating your cards, or getting your layout idea, do you select the papers first and then color your image? Or do you color images (like ahead of time) and then add them to a card? How do you "design" the card you have in mind?

See, I keep picking out the stamp/digi, then I created a card around it. But lately I noticed I'm having a hard time getting things to 'fit'. So I try coloring the image first (I've only done this 3 times) and it's even worse, ROFL! Just curious as to what others do!

xoxo

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #4178  
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, that's a fantastic DOTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to know the same thing! I've been struggling so bad with this lately and didn't think I'd ever had a problem before. I keep thinking "maybe I just need more DP!!!!"! I really have so much now it's not even funny (or at least by my calculation) but I never seem to have what I want. On the card today, I colored the image (just a tad of red and then flesh) and used red, black and white. I seem to make too many cards with those colors though. Sometimes, I'll color an image and then realize I have NOTHING to go with those colors! So, yes, I'd like to know what everyone does too!

Maggie, saying prayers for your friend.
Kelly, I think you need to talk to Paige if you want to know what cold is! I noticed in the paper this morning that somewhere in Minn. they had a -22 degrees! I would literally hibernate all winter long!
Jeanette, I think Sunday as a day of rest is an excellent idea!

Gotta go clean house a little and am washing clothes - so no stamping in the laundry room today!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #4179  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimlynnView Post
I would say "morning" but it's early afternoon - so will say "afternoon" instead!

All is quiet on the home front today. Gotta go pick up my vehicle from the surgeon that fixing the windshield. I MAY even try to get a card made today! Yikes!

Maxine, y'alls weather sounds like what we've had the past two summers.....HOT AND DRY!

Kelly - I just saw your son on your Facebook page this morning! What a cutie!!!!! Hope y'all are having fun at the zoo.

Will pop back in later,
Lynn
Glad you were able to get the windshield fixed. Hope it wasn't too costly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #4180  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning Friends!

Maxine, glad to hear that you feel more confident about your health! {hugs & prayers}

Maggie: the spaghetti supper sounds like a fun time. It's nice of you to do what you can to support the cause. I'll bet your cards will get a lot of attention!

Lynn, what a relief to have calm weather and your windshield fixed. Here's hoping that you get some card making time.

Hello Jeanette!
I need to figure out a way to get them out there. I was hoping to go to my hair dresser this Saturday, but I have a baby shower at 9:30, so that won't be happening. This lady is serving a catered brunch!!!!!!!! Maybe the following Saturday, although I have to be somewhere at 11 and then there is another baby shower later that afternoon, so I think I can squeeze in the hair dresser if I can get in really early. I need color so that will take a little while.

I want to talk to her about putting some of my cards at her shop where people can see them and maybe order them or I might just sell the ones there and make up some more on a rotating basis. The other day I had a thought about where else I could put them, and now I can't remember what I was thinking. :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #4181  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Just popping in for a minute.......I'm actually making a couple of cards today!! WooHoo!

Maxine, glad you're doing good - remember, no stress and take care of yourself now!

Maggie, the silent auction sounds like fun. I always like to go to those. Very seldom bid on anything though. Hope you get a good price for the card set! Have fun.

Not alot going on today - just trying to get a couple of cards finished. The roofers showed up bright and early this morning and have been tearing shingles off the house all day long. What a mess!!!! Only good thing is that they'll have to clean it up though. Whew! Poor Rambo just doesn't understand what's happening and is barking his fool head off! Can't stand to have strangers all over his roof I guess.

Will check in later.

Lynn
I really have no idea how much they went for. I know there was one bid down when I looked at them, but then one of the ladies sitting at the same table as I was, told me that hers was the winning bid, but I didn't ask her how much it was for. I didn't see any of that $$. It wall went to the Young Women.

Oh, I hate when they do roofing. The funny thing is when I had mine down a number of years ago, they did it while I was gone on a stamping retreat in the early summer. The girl that was housesitting for me had a terrible time because they kept setting off the alarm. LOL! It was nice though because it was all done by the time I got home and I didn't have to listen to that all day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #4182  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiwimeView Post
For anyone wondering about folks pinning to pinterest from your blogs, here is a very interesting link - with very understandable instructions!!

Protect Your Photos From Being Pinned On Pinterest - Practically Functional
That is interesting and I can see that people would not want their kids photos repinned anywhere. I'm not so concerned about my cards. I rarely get to pin them onto my own boards. I'm lucky if I get them on my blog. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #4183  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamaView Post
Hi girls...just checking in to see if you are all behaving!! LOL
will be back to comment on your post tomorrow though...as it's close to midnight here and I SHOULD go to bed,but wanted to thank you all for your lovely thoughts about my recent friend's passing...I was able to organize a candle vigil on her FB page on Feb 28th ,which was also her first BDay in Heaven- and was soo pleased to see soo many people attending at the very same time and throughout the day too ,even her family stopped by to comment...Ube is missed by so manyyy...distances were non existant for a brief day ...I know she must have been smiling from above the clouds...♥

My 5yo sweetie pie is visiting this w/end
(came on Friday pm-until until tomorrow pm) and we've been busy having lots of fun
together...honestly,she is one of the most sweetest and kind hearted little girls ever!
and no ,this time I am not bias, she truly is! bless her lil heart ♥
such a happy lil person....singing and humming and twirling showing us her latest dance moves etc...lol...we are having sooo much fun with her....I keep asking Michela to stay little for me,to stop growing...but ,somehow,she's not buying into my request....lol...
Today we had torrential rain in our valley, and decided to make rainbow cookies after our lunch outing at Tim Horton (her favorite place)....
I also had a great couple hrs visit with our Gsons last night...we had not seen our boyz at all in the last two months!! :/ we missed them sooo much...and to think that they live only 2 km away....*sigh*
this nonna's heart aches...some of you may know the reason why...Let's leave it at that....♥

Have a great SUnday everyoneeee...only 3 mnst to a brand new day )
nighty niteee ya all....♥
Glad to hear that the vigil for your friend went so well and many participated.

Happy to have the little grand over. They are so sweet at that age. So full of fun and questions and awe about everything.

It's great that you were able to visit iwth the DGS's also. It is hard when you don't get to see them often. I had that issue with my oldest DD and her family since they have always lived so far away, not able to just pop on over. Always required a plane ticket. They grow up so fast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #4184  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning, all!

We are enjoying the splendors of "Winter" here! It's a chilly 60s* and we are taking full advantage!

Maxine, thanks for the link! That's pretty scary! I actually considered leaving Pinterest last year when all that hoopla arrived about the whole copyright thing came out, but in the end, I'm not on it often enough to really make a difference. I just didn't have the time or energy to devote to "one more thing" but it's scary to think how often people steal from others. Like come on! I have had cards stolen. I even had a friend head me in the direction of a lady who copied one of my cards TO A "T" and entered it into a contest and won - $50! And yes, it had my c/o siggy on it, LOL. I just let it go. What can you do.

Sometimes you see that people post similiar things and you think, it would be nice if they give you credit by saying I was inspired by "this" but to downright copy it, or change it in a harmful way like that lady in your link with the shopping cart full of kids? That's just sad and mean.

Sorry, soapbox tangent! I actually have to get steppin' on a few cards this week so I'll be pulling an all-nighter since we're heading out the door!

Hugs to all!
Oh wow! That really took guts for that lady to actually steal your card and make it into her own. Bummer that you didn't get the $50 prize for it. :(

I do follow one lady that has a lot of sketches on her blog that she put so people can use them, but I always giver her credit for the layout if I post it somewhere. I just love her work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #4185  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvcardmakingView Post
Morning Addicted Friends!

Maxine, thanks for the informational link on pinning. I'm not very active in blog land or Pinterest, but it's good to be informed about such issues. It's always wise to remember that the internet is a very public place!

Lynn, I hope that you and Rambo have a peaceful week and that the re-shingling is over. It must have really been noisy while it was happening.

Maggie, what a haul from the silent auction! Sounds like a great time and a successful event.

Paola, sounds like a great weekend with your GKs. So happy for you!

Well, it's Monday. Already. LOL. Know what I mean?
Ugh! Yes, back to work. I really want to be home right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #4186  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest RangerView Post

As you probably noticed, I wasn't here yesterday. That IS my Sunday pattern now... it works for me. Sunday's are so busy in our lives and it is supposed to be a day of rest. EEK!

Sweet P, I'm so glad you finally got to see those boyz! I'm sorry that saga continues, but thankful for the break in the clouds. And your sweet weekend housegues! How fun!

Kelly, that's crazy to think that someone would steal a design and make it her own for a contest. WOW! Scary stuff!

Maggie, I hope you find exactly what you want for windows - whatever that is - at the price that is right, too!

Maxine, I love Pinterest... I need to read your link!

Lynn, is the roof work finished now?

Darlene, I sure hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Hugs for all!!!
I wish my Sunday had been a day of rest. I guess I did get to rest while I was at church and at my DD's house last night. We were watching some Charlie Brown movies and I was kind of trying not to doze off during The Easter Beagle! ;)

I'll see what this other company has to offer tonight on the windows. The company on Saturday was okay and I'd be happy with those, but I just want to see what someone else has.

I also e-mailed my carpenter guy today about building a patio for me out in the back yard. He said he can do it. Now just to figure out how big to make it. I sent him back an e-mail to see when he can come by. I'm going to add this into the loan for the windows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #4187  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiKel4View Post
Good Morning! And woohoo from a chilly Miami! We are having an 'artic blast' here today and I'm in heaven - can we say BLISS!! I almost hate to be in my house - I want to be out, out, out! Alas, laundry, dirty floors, dishes piled up ... doesn't my house know it's supposed to clean itself! :p

Maggie, many prayers for your friend battling scary health issues - will be on bended knee and include her in my daily prayers. Thank you for thinking of her

After fighting with a card last night, I wanted to ask you all how YOU do this ... so maybe I can just provide the DOTW! ;)

When creating your cards, or getting your layout idea, do you select the papers first and then color your image? Or do you color images (like ahead of time) and then add them to a card? How do you "design" the card you have in mind?

See, I keep picking out the stamp/digi, then I created a card around it. But lately I noticed I'm having a hard time getting things to 'fit'. So I try coloring the image first (I've only done this 3 times) and it's even worse, ROFL! Just curious as to what others do!

xoxo
I always have my stamp or image first, then I pick out my papers. I usually will look for a layout next if I don't have something in my mind, so I can make sure that the papers I want to use will fit the sketch layout that I want to use. Then I color it and proceed to actually put the card together. I was told by a teacher that it's harder to color first and then find the paper to go with it and that's the way for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #4188  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Kelly, that's a fantastic DOTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to know the same thing! I've been struggling so bad with this lately and didn't think I'd ever had a problem before. I keep thinking "maybe I just need more DP!!!!"! I really have so much now it's not even funny (or at least by my calculation) but I never seem to have what I want. On the card today, I colored the image (just a tad of red and then flesh) and used red, black and white. I seem to make too many cards with those colors though. Sometimes, I'll color an image and then realize I have NOTHING to go with those colors! So, yes, I'd like to know what everyone does too!

Maggie, saying prayers for your friend.
Kelly, I think you need to talk to Paige if you want to know what cold is! I noticed in the paper this morning that somewhere in Minn. they had a -22 degrees! I would literally hibernate all winter long!
Jeanette, I think Sunday as a day of rest is an excellent idea!

Gotta go clean house a little and am washing clothes - so no stamping in the laundry room today!

Lynn
Thanks for the prayers for my friend. I appreciate it, and I know she will also.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #4189  
Quacker Stamper

It was a bit stressful this morning. Corey got kicked out of the house. : I really, really wish he had not been so mean and could have stayed inside with his brother.

Just to show how stir-crazy Corey was getting -- this morning I cleaned out their cage including the litter box and then put it back in along with the food and clean water. A little bit after they ate, I heard one of the kitties in the litter box. Next thing you know, Corey is batting something around the cage. Turns out he took a little piece of "poo" and was batting it around like a toy!!!! Ewwwwww. . . So I cleaned that out and tossed it. Next thing I know, he's at the litter box getting another piece of poo out to play with! That's when I decided he was going outside. It's no wonder the cage is always such a mess.

It was a struggle though. I took Casper and put him in a carrier. Then cleaned everything out of the cage including the tray. Then put on gloves and got a towel to wrap around him. Well, when I'd go for him, he latched onto the bars of the cage and wouldn't let go!!!!!!!! LOL! It was kind of funny too. Finally decided that wasn't going to work, so I dragged the cage through the computer room and through the kitchen over to the dining room door to the back yard where I want him to be. I opened the back door and dragged the cage over to the open door and he wouldn't go out!!!!! I had to kind of coax him forward until he was almost at the opening and then kind of tilt it up so he'd go out. Whew!

His mamma was the first one to approach him and they just sat and glared at each other and then he took off to the back corner of the yard. Missy ran over there and I was afraid she might chase him off, so I went outside and called her a few times until she backed off and came over to me. Corey hid behind the cat/dog house for a little while. A couple of the other cats had to go over that way and see what was going on. He made it into the cat/dog house and that's where he was when I left for work. I put a bowl of food outside the house and filled up the other cats' bowls so they wouldn't have to fight for food.

I decided on today because the weather is supposed to be really nice and get up to 80*. The next couple nights it's supposed to cool down again into the low 40's probably and this weekend we're supposed to get rain. I want him established back in the yard before any more bad weather comes along. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for him that all will go well.

Casper is back in the cage for now. He'll be in there until after he comes home from the vet and getting declawed on Thursday. He'll have to have a special litter box for a few days after his surgery so I want to be able to keep the other cats away from him and his box.

Sorry for the long story, but that's what's going on around here. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #4190  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

awwww.... Maggie, I'm sorry you've had a rough kitty day. Hugs!

Oh, and FYI... Sunday really is anything but restful at our house. LOL! (living with the pastor makes it a very VERY busy day!) But I used to also try to keep up with SCS among all the other busy/crazy activity of the day. I've decided not to do that anymore. No commenting onthreads - other than the forest thread and that's not until after lunch.

Great DOTW, Kelly! I almost always choose my image first - that sometimes takes a while. Then I choose my DP! Always!!! I love DP!!! Can you tell? Then I color and just start playing with layout, etc. I rarely use a sketch, I just visualize and play. I usually mat with black CS - so when I'm playing, I cut those mats first and lay them out to get the size I want, then I cut my precious DP!!!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #4191  
Hardware Hotshot

I am pretty much a random card maker - my last card started with a RAK die cut and a piece of dp on my desk............ and sometimes what I start with (idea and/or materials) and what I end up with are two very different things!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #4192  
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, you REALLY had a rough day - cat wise! I bet he's going to be just fine outside and may even become friendlier!

Also, that's great about the back patio! I know you're going to love that.

I pick my sketch first and then go from there. I'm going to try to do like y'all and get the image, paper, and then color. Maybe that will go better for me.

We got up to 90 degrees here today!! NICE! But, it's suppose to cool down to the high 60's or so tomorrow and Wednesday. Crazy weather! The mesquite trees are starting to put on buds (that's how we tell it won't freeze anymore (usually)) so I also got a few pots of flowers planted. No roof yet......two guys worked all day Sat. and Sun. taking off the old one and putting tar paper up. They're waiting on the roofing material to get here and then they'll do that. Said there will be at least 10 guys up here then! Oh JOY!!! More banging around - and barking!!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #4193  
Quacker Stamper

Corey was fine outside tonight. He was out in the cat/dog house and actually didn't run away like all the other ones did when the window guy came and we went in the back yard. I could tell when I got home that he was the one that was making the big mess in the cage. It was still pretty much all nice and clean tonight.

Got the 2nd estimate for the windows. It was $3000 more, but totally different windows. I'm really not sure which I want to go with yet, so having to wait for the patio estimate is good so I can do a little more research into the windows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #4194  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Maggie, I'm glad Corey was doing well outside. I'm sure that is a relief to you!
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 AM   #4195  
Die Cut Diva

Morning!

Is anyone having problems with Blogger?????? Last night I notice when I went to my Dashboard, it came up at the bottom and said I was not following any blogs in my reading list! Same thing this morning!!!! Yikes! This is how I know who posted and can go to their blogs.
Anyone else have this going on???????

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #4196  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

This morning I could have sat down and cried for Corey. He really tears at my heart strings. When I got up, he was up in the pecan tree! So little and so scared. I felt so bad that he had to be out there, but there just isn't any other choice. Before I left and after all the other kitties had eaten and were settling down in other places, I went out with a stepladder and coaxed (pushed) him down out of the tree. He scampered back to his cat/dog house where I had put his food and a bowl of water so he wouldn't have to venture up to the house to get a drink. He was back settled down in there when I left, so I hope all the other kitties will just leave him alone and let him get used to being out there again.

I wasn't on blogger this morning Lynn, so I don't really know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #4197  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh Maggie, I'm sorry! Corey is so fortunate to have YOU in his life!

Lynn, I just went to check... I don't keep track of blogs I'm following that way (I have them in my sidebars on my blog instead)... but when I looked there was nothing there on my dashboard either. But when I clicked on the thing that said "Reading List", the list came up. I'm not sure... maybe that's normal????
Find Me on Instagram

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #4198  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hi Ladies! I feel like I have been gone for ages- trying to 'catch up' on posts and will blog hop later tonight. I was going to last night, and was alerted by Maxine that my relationship to Paper Temptress was causing a Malware warning on Google Chrome on my blog. In order to get it to go away, I had to delete all of the PT links- and I used to be on their DT, so there were many. But, after hours- success....! Goodness!

I asked the boss for Wed off- as Stephi is home on Spring Break, and she said OK! How fun is that! So- I am now off for 10 days.....and that is awesome, as I am really in a catch up mode for creating! Lots to do!

Lynn- your poor pup- my dog is really sensitive to noises like that too. Glad no one was injured in the storm.

Maxine- take care of yourself- and glad the tests are OK so far. Glad the leak in the fridge was something you could fix! We are dry here in Northern Ill too- the snow this year is 1/2 of what we normally have and we were dry last summer too- not as bad as where Lynn is in Tx though! We are in the 30's today and expecting 6-12 " snow : )

Maggie- oh that poor cat- too bad it was not able to adjust to the indoors.... How sweet of you! You are really on a house fix it up kick! Did you win the lotto? hehehe I will keep your friend in prayers!

Kelly- I always pick out the DP first, and use colors to coordinate. I brought a ton of images to my Mom's last week, and she just colored away, and was able to find DP to work in the 3 6x6 packs I had with me. I am always afraid I will color and then have nothing to coordinate with what I create.

Google- has been doing that to me all week- for my blog feed- I click on the orange G by Blogger in the upper Lt corner of the Dashboard and sometimes 4-5 times and eventually the list will show up- it is so annoying!Sometimes you have to click it and just wait for a bit and eventually it shows up.

Jeanette- I am with you about Sundays- my eventual goal is to get my DT work done so I am not spending the day Stamping- esp when I work my week on-so hubby and I can go out and do things together..... I blog hop on Sunday nights when we watch the good wife and the news, but this week I was working on something so I did not get around- will do later tonight.

P- sounds like you had a blast with the little one- it will be a few years for me before I get to enjoy litle ones- it will be nice : )

Hugs to all- gotta go get alot done!
Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #4199  
Die Cut Diva

Well, the reading list popped back in there~ CRAZY~~~

Maggie, how sad about Corey being in the tree but glad you were able to coax him down. Maybe he'll realize how to get down on his own now. I'd give him a couple of days outside and sure he'll be fine.

Shelly, glad you're going to get to spend some time with Stephi this week!

Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #4200  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

HI girls! Just a chance to stop in now -- wow, so much chatter! I will have to catch up in a bit

Glad to hear how you all craft! I, too, pretty much make up my own card designs and unless it's on my post for sketch challenge, it's pretty much something oddball of mine But what drives me crazy is stamping/printing the image and then coloring it and having to match it to paper - it just isn't me. I have to do my card design/paper first and then color it. bonkers!

Hugs for all ... pick ups begin at 2:30 today - whew!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes