Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #601  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
My child's apron? No way! I want to make it for myself!
I agree with you!! I would just add a pocket on the front of it.

Gail

www.gailscraftcorner.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #602  
Mad Swapper

This is similar to the idea I was talking about inpost #599. One difference is I use a big bow. For some reason I am curling ribbon challenged. I either cut myself or the ribbon. I never get it to curl as nicely.

Whisking you a Merry Kiss-Mas!! by stephinekleinpeter at Splitcoaststampers

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #603  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
I have not read through all the threads but this year I am revamping an idea I did several years ago.

Fill the wisk part of a kitchen wisk with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. I wrap it in cellophane and add a big bow. Then I type and stamp a cute tag that reads "Wisking you a Merry Christmas". Hugs and Kisses, signed xxxx

I saw this idea on a website - could have been here, years ago. Now that my DD is in a new school with new teachers I can do this idea again. It is a small inexpensive gift but a very cute idea.
What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing@!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #604  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if the Dollar Store carries whisks?!! ;)

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #605  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
I wonder if the Dollar Store carries whisks?!! ;)
I am in Canada, and I know that our dollarama sells whisks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #606  
Kookie Creator

During the holidays Target usually has them plastic kind in theh $1 spot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #607  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh! What about Big Lots?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #608  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've decided that for Christmas I am going to make Chocolate Craving Cans. I am going to make the S'mores thing like Gina K did, using heavy duty transparencies instead of buying the boxes, and then I am going to make Snowman Soup, in the Frap bottles, making my own carrier, and then I am filling a gallon can with chocolate candy bars, fudge, home-made chocolate, m&m's in mini zip bags with toppers, and nuggets with wrappers. So it's a three piece set, and I'll find some inexpensive baskets and put it all in the baskets.

Then for some of my cousins, I found a kit on Gina Jan's D.A.I.S.I.E. Company that is for shop-a-holics -they LOVE to shop, so I am going to make up that kit with a gift card to their favorite shopping store. It was put together by Sandy Osborn and she did an AWESOME job!

For some other people I am making just the Snowman Soup in the carriers - quick gifts to hand out.

For some of the guys I am designing a Football Party in a Can, it will be printable with some embellishments added after printing, another guy will be getting an Outdoor Survival Kit in a Can that I am going to design - again, a printable wrapper and embellies added after that.

It's going to be fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #609  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
I have not read through all the threads but this year I am revamping an idea I did several years ago.

Fill the wisk part of a kitchen wisk with Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. I wrap it in cellophane and add a big bow. Then I type and stamp a cute tag that reads "Wisking you a Merry Christmas". Hugs and Kisses, signed xxxx

I saw this idea on a website - could have been here, years ago. Now that my DD is in a new school with new teachers I can do this idea again. It is a small inexpensive gift but a very cute idea.
I tried that and could never get the kisses to stay IN the wisk. I don't think I'm doing that right. So I ended up putting kisses in a mini zip bag and made a topper on the computer, printed it, and it just says "Wishing you a Merry Kissmas"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #610  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I've decided that for Christmas I am going to make Chocolate Craving Cans. I am going to make the S'mores thing like Gina K did, using heavy duty transparencies instead of buying the boxes, and then I am going to make Snowman Soup, in the Frap bottles, making my own carrier, and then I am filling a gallon can with chocolate candy bars, fudge, home-made chocolate, m&m's in mini zip bags with toppers, and nuggets with wrappers. So it's a three piece set, and I'll find some inexpensive baskets and put it all in the baskets.

Then for some of my cousins, I found a kit on Gina Jan's D.A.I.S.I.E. Company that is for shop-a-holics -they LOVE to shop, so I am going to make up that kit with a gift card to their favorite shopping store. It was put together by Sandy Osborn and she did an AWESOME job!

For some other people I am making just the Snowman Soup in the carriers - quick gifts to hand out.

For some of the guys I am designing a Football Party in a Can, it will be printable with some embellishments added after printing, another guy will be getting an Outdoor Survival Kit in a Can that I am going to design - again, a printable wrapper and embellies added after that.

It's going to be fun!

Those are cute ideas! I would love to receive a Chocolate Craving Can. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #611  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejoView Post
Those are cute ideas! I would love to receive a Chocolate Craving Can. :mrgreen:
Thanks! We are chocaholics so it seemed like a good thing for our family to give out. It will be fun to make them. I just love how easy it is with the stuff I find on D.A.I.S.I.E!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #612  
Kookie Creator

Do you have pictures of the chocolate craving can?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #613  
Pearl-ExPert

There is one on D.A.I.S.I.E. Company's website - it's actually called "Chocolate Christmas" - Sandy Osborn designed it. I am going to change it a little bit to say "Chocolate Craving Can" instead of Chocolate Christmas on some of them, others will remain Chocolate Christmas. I might change up the wrapper a bit, so it doesn't take as much ink to print, and I am going to change out the snowman and reindeer for another snowman and reindeer that matches more the S'mores kit and Snowman Soup kit - so it all coordinates.

Sandy did an awesome job on it so it's going to be rather easy. I am also going to get some quart size cans without the handle, and then super glue a wood knob on the top for a handle, and make it into a cookie tin, then stack a half dozen large chocolate chip cookies inside of it. And for cookie exchanges I am doing that to package my cookies instead of boxes. They are about $1 each so it's an inexpensive way I think to package them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #614  
Kookie Creator

Those are really cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #615  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradley's_momView Post
Those are really cute!
They are, D.A.I.S.I.E is really bad for my bank account. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #616  
Pearl-ExPert

Just crusing around on some new blogs....well, not new but "new" to me! And found this one for Domino Magnets....thought that might make a great addition to some gift basket! Could see this done with blues and snowmen!!!! Wadda' think??
http://ilinacrouse.blogspot.com/2008...-tutorial
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #617  
Die Cut Diva

Here are some domino magnets that I have made. Usually I make them in sets of 4 and sell them at shows or give them as gifts
Snomwen work great on them. My best seller are sets of leaves. You can make them individually and add a pin to the back and wear them as an adornment like a brooch, too.

I love inchie stamps, but most of them are boxed in and have edging around them so they don't work as well.I am an alcoholink fanatic by Judyw at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #618  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

So what are you planning on putting in the football party and outdoor survival kits?? This would be a great idea for the guys in the family!! I'm thinking probably popcorn, maybe a "spare" remote, peanuts, etc in the football can??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 04:59 AM   #619  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Here are some domino magnets that I have made. Usually I make them in sets of 4 and sell them at shows or give them as gifts
Snomwen work great on them. My best seller are sets of leaves. You can make them individually and add a pin to the back and wear them as an adornment like a brooch, too.

I love inchie stamps, but most of them are boxed in and have edging around them so they don't work as well.I am an alcoholink fanatic by Judyw at Splitcoaststampers

Judy, THESE ARE GREAT!! I can see some more possibilities with your magnets. Thanks so much for sharing!!

I think I have a box of Dominos.....bought for another purpose and never used....that will be perfect for little gifties!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #620  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Your domino's are very pretty! Is there directions in the Resource section? Where do you buy them too? These would make nice little "gifties" to hand out!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #621  
Pearl-ExPert

Patrice! Thanks so much for the directions to the table runner! It looks awesome....right up my alley!! Hugs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #622  
Die Cut Diva

The dominoes come from Walmart or Target in the toy section. A box is around $4.00 I think. The directions are super easy:

Turn dominoes over so the flat side is up. Use a wadded up kleenex and tap the kleenex into a stazon pad. Tap the stazon onto the domino. You can use one color for the background or blend different colors together. Let it dry a few minutes and use Stazon ink to stamp an image on top of your background color (s). I liked black for most of my images but the leaves looked good in Olive Green as well. You just experiment to find what you like.

I used a cotton ball instead of a kleenex once and found it left little fuzzzies behind on the domino and ink. If you don't like what you made, you can clean your domino with stazon stamp cleaner and start over. The domino won't be perfectly clean, but you are stamping over it again anyway, so it will be okay.

I sold more dominoes one at a time as a pin for about $2.50 or $3.00 than I did as fridge magnets in sets of four for $6.00 a set. They are addictive to make, I love to see what images look good. I could easily sit and make dominoes all day.

I leaf them at the end around the edges with a silver leafing pen from Krylon and use an acrylic spray from Krylon to seal them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #623  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by galet1View Post
So what are you planning on putting in the football party and outdoor survival kits?? This would be a great idea for the guys in the family!! I'm thinking probably popcorn, maybe a "spare" remote, peanuts, etc in the football can??
Well at Wal-Mart I found on sale "Game Day Boxes", for $5 and there are enough things for 24 people, so I am splitting them into 4 different sets, each set will be for a party of 6 people. The boxes have paper plates, paper cups, napkins, and silverware. There are also banners but only one per box, and tablecloths, so I am not quite sure yet what to do with the banners but the banners are REALLY long, so I might be able to trim them into smaller banners.

Then there are football themed nugget wrappers that I designed - printed on avery labels, so quick and easy. Cellophane sacks will be filled with different treats, and handmade toppers on them, little nerf footballs to throw at the screen for bad calls or to just goof around with, powdered dip mixes in custom little envelopes, the cheap ketchup and mustard bottle sets from the dollar store - a set of those, with custom wrappers. The disposable salt/pepper shakers with wrappers around them, colored pom-poms and a couple of 2-liters that will have the label peeled off and a football themed label put on it, (with a tag with the name of the soda, of course), micorwave popcorn in crimped wrappers, and like you said, peanuts and pretzels. Didn't think of the remote idea but that's cute!

Here's the outdoor survival kit:
Gatorade with label
Sweat towel
Neck chiller (SO easy to make)
Trail mix in bag with topper
Granola bars in crimped wrappers
1st aide kit in plastic box with label
Hand sanitizer in mini zip bag with topper
Paper pad and RSVP altered pen
Matches and lighter
long-burning candle (in case they get stuck somewhere)
Signal whistle
small flashlight
Inexpensive pocket knife
Poncho
Tylenol
Cold packs (the ones you crush then shake to activate)

It will go in a gallon can, what won't fit in there will just be put in a custom gift bag to with it.

I'm doing a Move Night in a Can with a kit from Gina Jane's website - another creation of Sandy Osborn, and a game night in a can as well. So much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #624  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Just crusing around on some new blogs....well, not new but "new" to me! And found this one for Domino Magnets....thought that might make a great addition to some gift basket! Could see this done with blues and snowmen!!!! Wadda' think??
http://ilinacrouse.blogspot.com/2008...-tutorial.html
Those are adorable and what a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #625  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

The dominoes come from Walmart or Target in the toy section. A box is around $4.00 I think. The directions are super easy:

Turn dominoes over so the flat side is up. Use a wadded up kleenex and tap the kleenex into a stazon pad. Tap the stazon onto the domino. You can use one color for the background or blend different colors together. Let it dry a few minutes and use Stazon ink to stamp an image on top of your background color (s). I liked black for most of my images but the leaves looked good in Olive Green as well. You just experiment to find what you like.

I used a cotton ball instead of a kleenex once and found it left little fuzzzies behind on the domino and ink. If you don't like what you made, you can clean your domino with stazon stamp cleaner and start over. The domino won't be perfectly clean, but you are stamping over it again anyway, so it will be okay.

I sold more dominoes one at a time as a pin for about $2.50 or $3.00 than I did as fridge magnets in sets of four for $6.00 a set. They are addictive to make, I love to see what images look good. I could easily sit and make dominoes all day.

I leaf them at the end around the edges with a silver leafing pen from Krylon and use an acrylic spray from Krylon to seal them.
Thanks Judy...now another project that I MUST try!! Oh my, my house will never be clean again! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #626  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Those are adorable and what a great idea!
Yeah, thanks, I thought so too! I like that she used the Alcohol Inks....not that Stazon wouldn't be good....I just have all the Alcohol Inks! I even have the Krylon leafing pen, the magnets and dominos....so....yeah, no excuses...huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #627  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink

Hey Cindy,

Don't they look easy. I got to get started, my little crate is overflowing with supplies.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #628  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Patrice! Thanks so much for the directions to the table runner! It looks awesome....right up my alley!! Hugs!!

hi cindy...

i thought i had been reading this thread pretty closely... but i think i must have missed the table runner.

do you happen to remember the post or page number?

thanks in advance! michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #629  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
hi cindy...

i thought i had been reading this thread pretty closely... but i think i must have missed the table runner.

Hey Girlfriend!!

Let me get to ya....in a few.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #630  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've done the movie buckets before... you can sometimes find a plastic version of the paper boxes you get at the theater for popcorn at dollar stores. Walmart also carries the little boxes of candy like at the theater for about $1.

Thanks for such great ideas everyone!! I can't wait to get started next month!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #631  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
hi cindy...

Check out post #476....Patrice started talking about it then we ended up PM'ing each other about the directions and patterns. It is just too cute!

Since it is a published book whether it is okay to put the info in a PDF???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #632  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Check out post #476....Patrice started talking about it then we ended up PM'ing each other about the directions and patterns. It is just too cute!

Since it is a published book whether it is okay to put the info in a PDF???

got ya!

i think i have seen something similar to what you were talking about tho!

thanks for looking it up for me! you are too too sweet!

have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #633  
Mad Swapper

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Wink

Anyone wanting table runner info, just PM me your address, I will stick it in the mail.

Patrice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #634  
Pearl-ExPert

Patrice, I thought I would tell you I rummaged around in my quilting stash o' fabric and found the cutest fat quarters that will make a great runner! You are so sweet!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #635  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicsView Post
Cindy - Do you have the recipes for all your jams and jellies? Would you care to share them. My email is [email protected]

I would love to try some.
Haven't started working on cards and gifts yet. But after reading this thread - I am inspired by all the ideas and fun projects and cards everyone is doing.
Annette, I have not forgotten you.....been extremely busy with Gardens and sick son.....but, I will start working on it now because of all the fruit that is in season right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #636  
Insane Embellisher

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been really motivated to get going on Christmas stuff. I visited www.allfreecrafts.com and found Circles of Lace. I made up a few with lace I got at an estate sale (A whole box for $2.00). Then I thought of making an angel ornament. I used 2 crystal beads back to back and then a clear bead I drew a face on and topped it off with a tiny satin rose. Oh and the wings I made with a clearance Sizzex embosslet from Michaels for 97 cents. Here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's start ideas for next Christmas-dsc00840-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #637  
Pearl-ExPert

Those are beautiful, Beth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #638  
Kookie Creator

Subbing to read when I have some time..looks like some great ideas!!

"I'd give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #639  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Well at Wal-Mart I found on sale "Game Day Boxes", for $5 and there are enough things for 24 people, so I am splitting them into 4 different sets, each set will be for a party of 6 people. The boxes have paper plates, paper cups, napkins, and silverware. There are also banners but only one per box, and tablecloths, so I am not quite sure yet what to do with the banners but the banners are REALLY long, so I might be able to trim them into smaller banners.

Then there are football themed nugget wrappers that I designed - printed on avery labels, so quick and easy. Cellophane sacks will be filled with different treats, and handmade toppers on them, little nerf footballs to throw at the screen for bad calls or to just goof around with, powdered dip mixes in custom little envelopes, the cheap ketchup and mustard bottle sets from the dollar store - a set of those, with custom wrappers. The disposable salt/pepper shakers with wrappers around them, colored pom-poms and a couple of 2-liters that will have the label peeled off and a football themed label put on it, (with a tag with the name of the soda, of course), micorwave popcorn in crimped wrappers, and like you said, peanuts and pretzels. Didn't think of the remote idea but that's cute!

Here's the outdoor survival kit:
Gatorade with label
Sweat towel
Neck chiller (SO easy to make)
Trail mix in bag with topper
Granola bars in crimped wrappers
1st aide kit in plastic box with label
Hand sanitizer in mini zip bag with topper
Paper pad and RSVP altered pen
Matches and lighter
long-burning candle (in case they get stuck somewhere)
Signal whistle
small flashlight
Inexpensive pocket knife
Poncho
Tylenol
Cold packs (the ones you crush then shake to activate)

It will go in a gallon can, what won't fit in there will just be put in a custom gift bag to with it.

I'm doing a Move Night in a Can with a kit from Gina Jane's website - another creation of Sandy Osborn, and a game night in a can as well. So much fun!
Wow! These are great ideas! I've done the "movie night" before for little cousins - usually a new movie or blockbuster gift card, microwave popcorn, licorice, soda and pj's!
Thanks for the ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 AM   #640  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carissa CropsView Post
I've done the movie buckets before... you can sometimes find a plastic version of the paper boxes you get at the theater for popcorn at dollar stores. Walmart also carries the little boxes of candy like at the theater for about $1.

Thanks for such great ideas everyone!! I can't wait to get started next month!!
And Walgreen's has popcorn candy in a red & white striped popcorn box.
Reply With Quote Likes