Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #1161  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a quick and easy candy recipe. A girl at work told me the general ingredients to make the candy. She told me take chocolate chips and if you want another type of chip and melt them and add rice krispies. I took the time to figure out measurements, etc. I have not named the candy, yet.

4 c. rice krispies
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup peanutbutter chips

Melt the chocolate and pb chips until smooth in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in the rice krispies until blended well. Spoon by teaspoons onto parchment paper. Let set until hard.

Barbara,
Feel free to use anything I post. Also, you can name the candy if you want. Thank you for taking the time to put this in documents.
Very quick and simple. It must be good (I only had 2 pieces) because I divied it up between my two kids to take home and kept a small amount for my dh and myself. My son stopped by today and must have ate the candy along with the leftovers that I didn't send home with him. (He moved out on Wednesday and hasn't grocery shopped yet)

Last edited by bonniejo; 11-28-2008 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: forgot to add note to Barbara
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #1162  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
Ooh... I think the shopping/ to do list booklets!! You can never have enough of those!!

Anyone have pics of something like this??
I have a grocery list in my gallery and blog and I uploaded the list template to the download section last year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #1163  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandicejoView Post
How could I forget about this manly gift idea???

RECORD BOWLS!

I was searching for crafty manly ideas and came across a tutorial. I saw them last year but already was done shopping and forgot all about them. Here's a link:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf895928.tip.html

I'm so hitting the goodwill/salvation army store next week and making these :mrgreen:
So cool! I'm going to try to make these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #1164  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy929View Post

Breezy,
I have so never met you, but I can so see you making these. A free spirit after my own heart!!! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #1165  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Oh...and of course..post the results...pretty please!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #1166  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejoView Post
I have a quick and easy candy recipe. A girl at work told me the general ingredients to make the candy. She told me take chocolate chips and if you want another type of chip and melt them and add rice krispies. I took the time to figure out measurements, etc. I have not named the candy, yet.

4 c. rice krispies
1 cup peanutbutter chips

Melt the chocolate and pb chips until smooth in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in the rice krispies until blended well. Spoon by teaspoons onto parchment paper. Let set until hard.

Barbara,
Feel free to use anything I post. Also, you can name the candy if you want. Thank you for taking the time to put this in documents.
Very quick and simple. It must be good (I only had 2 pieces) because I divied it up between my two kids to take home and kept a small amount for my dh and myself. My son stopped by today and must have ate the candy along with the leftovers that I didn't send home with him. (He moved out on Wednesday and hasn't grocery shopped yet)
This is perfect! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #1167  
Hardware Hotshot

I have a recipe using Special K cereal that is to die for...must dig it out and post....you can rationalize it by thinking and saying "but it has cereal in it!"
You will want to eat the entire pan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #1168  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have a grocery list in my gallery and blog and I uploaded the list template to the download section last year.
Thanks! I'll check them out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #1169  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
I have a recipe using Special K cereal that is to die for...must dig it out and post....you can rationalize it by thinking and saying "but it has cereal in it!"
You will want to eat the entire pan!
Anything like that my kids will gobble up!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #1170  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay girls,
I am as we speak working on an easy,thrifty,and classy looking gift!

I got the idea from a girl at a stamping class I went to. Not sure if she wants to be identified, but I sure am glad for her idea.

I went to our local dollar store and bought clear beveled glass photo frames for $1 apiece. And now am using rub-ons that I got for 50% a couple of weeks back from Hobby Lobby scattering the different ones all over the glass frames. Very easy and looks great too. I plan on putting a picture of the receiver of the gift in them or if I don't have a picture of the intended..then stamping a card or sentiment to put in the frame. BTW they are 5inches x 3.5 inches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #1171  
Inking Addict

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can not find the directions for Denise's lotion. I have been searching but have been unsuccessful.
Hope you can help me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #1172  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianne krickovichView Post
I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can not find the directions for Denise's lotion. I have been searching but have been unsuccessful.
Hope you can help me.

Here it is...hope you like it!!!I get all the stuff to make it at local dollar stores. Generic is sooo okay. This lotion is great for winter! Denise aka vegaswife

Denise's Lotion Recipe
15 ounce vaseline
16 ounce vitamin e cream
"2" 16 ounce baby lotion

Mix all this together with hand mixer in METAL bowl.(it will look like thick cake frosting)
Then spoon into jars with a METAL spoon
(note: don't use anything plastic or your stuff may taste like lotion)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #1173  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't remember if it was this thread but someone was looking for a recipe for candy cane bath salts. Here is a link to one http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-an...th-salts.shtml hth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #1174  
Crimping Master

Smile Anyone? recipe name? Ny nephew will be all over this one!

What a great recipe to add! Like in my subject line, my nephew will be all over this one. I tell you he is SO sweet, that if I made a batch for him alone, put it into a simple plastic container, and gave that to him FOR HIS Christmas present, he'd be over the TOP happy! YEAH, another hit...

NOW for a name, ANYONE?? I'm in recipe mind block mode...

Nutty Chocolate Krispies... Snap, Crackle, Pop, wasn't that the commercial portion for Rice Krispies, or has my brain mixed it up? Ah, a cute Twisted Take Rice Crispies recipe name....ANYONE?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonniejoView Post

4 c. rice krispies
1 cup peanutbutter chips

Barbara,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #1175  
Crimping Master

Post OOOOOOOH how I love this one!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandicejoView Post
How could I forget about this manly gift idea???

RECORD BOWLS!

I was searching for crafty manly ideas and came across a tutorial. I saw them last year but already was done shopping and forgot all about them. Here's a link:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf895928.tip.html

I'm so hitting the goodwill/salvation army store next week and making these :mrgreen:
I immediately sent the link you included in an email to my daughter who just moved :( to NYC. She and I both had the same reaction, NO WAY - TOO COOL, QUICK HOW MANY WAYS can we work this one???

I live in an area where re-purposing things is VERY big, and yes BIG Go-Green crowd. PLUS I have a NUMBER of tenants that are also into cool and funky things. THIS is a FANTASTIC idea, especially since we do have WAY TOO MANY great things for the GALS. MEN/BOYS are always too hard, or their wish lists are for those BIG GUY things $$$. Ah, love 'em anyway. Give a woman a nice card, or a cute frame, an altered note pad for shopping lists, and she's not going OH GROAN. Give any of the above to a man, and unless you've made it out of tools, like using yellow rulers or something, I don't know...darn.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! You have NO idea how many ways this is going to be worked. I'm even thinking, OK, put INTO the bowl..what about into my SIMPLe Bundt pans over the outside of them to shape?? OR a cool wide vase, that you'd be able to get it out of? See, my brain quickly went off of the recipe book, anyone notice??LOL

OK I'm doing a happy dance, for YES a MANLY GIFT and one that ALSO will appeal to other age groups as well! YEAH!!!

Last edited by EmptyNestMom; 11-28-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #1176  
Matboard Maniac

Okay, so this was many pages ago, but I finally uploaded the picture of the aprons I am making for Christmas this year. My mil showed me how and I just love the pattern! First it is so easy and it is wonderful to wear. I hope my sisters and family like them.

Here's the link to my gallery:
momtored's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Rachael
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #1177  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoredView Post
Okay, so this was many pages ago, but I finally uploaded the picture of the aprons I am making for Christmas this year. My mil showed me how and I just love the pattern! First it is so easy and it is wonderful to wear. I hope my sisters and family like them.

Rachael
oh wow, your apron is beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #1178  
Stazon Splitcoast

um....I can't see any aprons at your link? The last upload it shows is from August...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #1179  
Crimping Master

Post Trying to search the threads..At least the holiday idea ones..

Quote:

Hope you can help me.
I don't think you were doing anything wrong. I'm trying to go back and forth between both threads, and also locate some missing info, that I discovered was not included within the first document I've created... SO, my brain went - SEARCH. HA-HA! I searched the threads, and I think I just overloaded it. I kept getting an error message after error message! You're not alone here with that is what I'm saying...

That said, on page 29 (depending on how you have your thread pages set up) post #1147 has the latest version of the document I've been trying to work on. I don't know how it will work for you, but on my computer it opens up with a left sidebar which shows the categories (treats or food items, whatever I called it), and a list of what's included, by recipe name, under that. Then the Craft/Gift ideas, again with a list by the title of the project/idea. So, if you get that sidebar, as an example, you can scroll down to the craft ideas section, and then simply click on Denise's Lotion. That should pop you immediately over to that recipe within the document. No hunting/searching required! ;)

I think we're killing the threads as far as trying to search them now perhaps do to the high number of posts here? No clue, I just know "search" previously worked here for me, and now it doesn't. I can say I've tried searching both threads several times over the past week to gather missing info, and it simply didn't work. With that said, hence why I'm creating the cooking document starting from page 1 of each thread, just so I can TRY to catch everything. I'm sure I'll miss something somewhere. :(

Anyway, I hope this helps. Since we've not moved too far along here, if you just jump back a bit to the post# above, you can download that document. It MIGHT help you, I'm not sure...

Hope this helps answer some questions for you! I see you got the lotion recipe, but shoot if you haven't started from page 1, (at this point who has??? LOL), that said, although most certainly not everything is included, you might find some fun ideas on the document I mentioned above, posted here to this thread. OOPS I didn't post it to the other thread...bonk to my head! OK will post there as well, so now you'll have two places to find it, .

Have a great evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #1180  
Crimping Master

Post Aprons...

Quote:

Rachael
Rachael, I jumped on over to your gallery (had to leave a couple comments) ;) although I myself couldn't locate the aprons. And you're very right, it was many pages ago when you talked about yours. I had to go back and look, since I'm the apron lover here, and I did remember you saying it was very simple, and two seams. I just re-read that post to make sure! (The post is back in the early #500 for those wondering). I don't know how Tracy got to see it?? Perhaps she might have special privileges, that or a magic wand, but I was unable to view it in your gallery link as well. Would you mind perhaps uploading it here for everyone to see? Pretty please??? See, I'm itching to sew up some fun, new aprons! Two seams? I'm in. Course I'll HAVE to cut and add those pockets I want, but I'm still interested! ;)

I so appreciate you taking the time after all the crafting you've been doing, to get us all a link to view. I don't know why I'm not seeing it, however I'm eagerly waiting to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #1181  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswifeView Post
Breezy,
I have so never met you, but I can so see you making these. A free spirit after my own heart!!! Hugs!
LOL I can picture the whole gift set thingy now. How bad is that? I was going to decorate a coffee travel mug with guitars for my Dad? How cool will it look sitting in a record bowl?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #1182  
Die Cut Diva

I'm thinking of trying out the microwaveable heating pads but I'm concerned about the filling. I saw that people used rice or whole corn kernels..... With the price of rice lately, I think i'd prefer corn. Is this just the unpopped popcorn kernels from the grocery store? or something different? I don't think we have any feed stores around here (DC suburbs). So help! I don't want folks heating pads to pop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:17 AM   #1183  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by askagainView Post
I'm thinking of trying out the microwaveable heating pads but I'm concerned about the filling. I saw that people used rice or whole corn kernels..... With the price of rice lately, I think i'd prefer corn. Is this just the unpopped popcorn kernels from the grocery store? or something different? I don't think we have any feed stores around here (DC suburbs). So help! I don't want folks heating pads to pop!
No it has to be feed corn, popcorn would pop. LOL

http://tipnut.com/make-your-own-microwave-heating-pad/

Here's a link with a good list of what you can put inside them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #1184  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I just bought a 10lb bag of rice for $1.58 at walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:06 AM   #1185  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyNestMomView Post
although I myself couldn't locate the aprons.
I saw the apron last night, but today it is gone. I have a feeling it was deleted because it is not something stamped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #1186  
Inking Addict

Thanks so much for the quick response, I am looking forward to making the cream. I am much older than all you girls, but I love getting ideas for cards and crafts and this site is the absolute best. I really enjoy all your great ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #1187  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is an apron I made for one of my granddaughter's...I bought them at HL and added the ruffle and did some iron-on's....they each got some things to bake along with measuring spoons, mixer, muffin pans, just a whole lot of things to start them out with for baking...they were 10, 11 & 12 and they LOVED them and still wear the aprons....each had a name *Grandma's muffin maker* grandma's cookie cutter* grandma's pie patter* or something like that....,and they don't dare make something that I named the other one for....:-D

I've never added an image here before so I hope it works...if not here is the link: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...t=IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #1188  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a link for Candy Cane Bath Salts, didn't someone on this thread want it? http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-an...th-salts.shtml hth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 AM   #1189  
Crimping Master

Smile Debi!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by demodebiView Post
Here is an apron I made for one of my granddaughter's...I bought them at HL and added the ruffle and did some iron-on's....they each got some things to bake along with measuring spoons, mixer, muffin pans, just a whole lot of things to start them out with for baking...they were 10, 11 & 12 and they LOVED them and still wear the aprons....each had a name *Grandma's muffin maker* grandma's cookie cutter* grandma's pie patter* or something like that....,and they don't dare make something that I named the other one for....:-D

I've never added an image here before so I hope it works...if not here is the link: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...t=IMG_0169.jpg

The photo worked, and WOW, Ok so now I know HOW multi-talented you are. SO many here seem to have the creative flow going, that I'm enjoying the heck out of this thread. (Talk about some great ideas to use THROUGHOUT the year here!!)

Everyone - please meet Debi - I'm so glad she popped over and posted!

Debi - WOW, OK, this is a great idea!! I'm still workin' on my coffee, so my brain isn't workin' at full speed here (long night..w/recipe book glitch)..but I have my Christmas music PLAYING while I'm typing...don't be surprised if a lyric or two pop up w/my posts!

OK - favor I'm askin' -...it is OK if I ask that perhaps some here post pictures here of the aprons you've made as well!??? Seeing that they are taking them down from the gallery. (bummer) I suppose if they were stamped, then they might allow them in anything but a card for an upload? Someone w/more experience in THAT arena will know the answer, certainly it is NOT me! I'm a big FAT chicken and haven't uploaded a single creation I've made. HA! And I'm sittin' here now asking? The NERVE of me, huh? LOL

DEBI - Thank you so much for this. I know we've been writing about making aprons, so it's nice to see a picture of what someone has created!

I'll try to upload the recent one my sister made for me, it is too CUTE for words!

MORNING!!!!! Or almost afternoon to the rest of you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #1190  
Crimping Master

Post Unless my brain isn't working, I do believe that WAS requested!

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Here is a link for Candy Cane Bath Salts, didn't someone on this thread want it? http://www.allfreecrafts.com/bath-an...th-salts.shtml hth!
Thank you for this. I'm going to make a REAL note, no longer mental notes <---- for me, as my brain is too full now of those...I'm going to click on the link and add this to the bath section portion of ideas, for those who'll want this recipe at their hands! Thank you for taking the time to locate & add this one!!

Oh, I'm in a "happy good morning to y'all" mood (and I'm grateful for that, trust me)...

Candy cane bath salts. Now, I'm only asking so I can get more info. Have you tried them? After soaking, will we come out smelling like a Holiday edible treat?? ;) Or will it only get my cats wondering what I've got on me (in my pockets for example) that they can try to snatch out? LOL

Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #1191  
Inking Addict

The holiday gift ideas were great with all the directions. I downloaded it and it will be so easy to get the info I need. Thanks for all your help. I just put all the fall decorations away but have put off getting started on the Christmas things because I'm too busy with the computer. But all my cards are done, this is the earliest ever and I made the step cards. They turned out really good...if I were more computer literate I'd post a picture. I have really learned alot from all of you. THANKS!!!
I also downloaded the music from Oprah's site...I watched the show but didn't hear her say anything about the download. Another great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #1192  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Thanks so much for the quick response, I am looking forward to making the cream. I am much older than all you girls, but I love getting ideas for cards and crafts and this site is the absolute best. I really enjoy all your great ideas.
Now, now, don't assume you're MUCH older...(birthday blues <----- here) as we're a mix of loving & posting, sharing group of all ages!

The lotion is definitely something that I highly recommend. Just like some others, I wasn't QUITE sure about it at first, but GOLLY it's a miracle cream for me, that's for sure. My hands are so happy now, or is it that I'm just happy my hands aren't so dried out and wrinkled?? (I still need to post my funny adventures in making Denise's Lotion....)

Isn't this a GREAT group here??? All have been just so helpful, and this thread is bursting with fantastic ideas!

BIG SHOUT OUT of THANK YOU to the OP who started up this year's thread!! We should perhaps try keep it going, as an ongoing year round idea of things to give for gifts..IMO...

MORNING AGAIN LADIES (and gents?) Many hugs to all from this HAPPY CA GAL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #1193  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I need creative ideas! I'm trying to come up with ideas for coworkers. I work with 3 ladies and 1 gentleman. I'd prefer to give them all the same thing if possible. I was thinking a gift card in addition to something else that would "go with" it. So, for example...a gift card for Dairy Queen somehow packaged with some ice cream toppings or dishes. Any other thoughts?

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #1194  
Crimping Master

Post See.....????

Quote:

The holiday gift ideas were great with all the directions. I downloaded it and it will be so easy to get the info I need. Thanks for all your help. I just put all the fall decorations away but have put off getting started on the Christmas things because I'm too busy with the computer. But all my cards are done, this is the earliest ever and I made the step cards. They turned out really good...if I were more computer literate I'd post a picture. I have really learned alot from all of you. THANKS!!!
I also downloaded the music from Oprah's site...I watched the show but didn't hear her say anything about the download. Another great idea!
That's what I'm talking about! The fun lovin' group here! The added bonus (post) from Denise to alert those of us that we could get some FREE holiday music!

On that note, am I the only one who's having issues getting that label download to work, and print correctly? Debi - have you gone there to try? You mentioned to me you're a computer whiz to me, so looking for some help here. YES, I am the type who would like my CD to have a label on it... another 12 STEP POST. My name is Barbara, and I need labels on my CDs, and I keep them categorized, and then alphabetized.... ;)

FOR ME, it is SO much easier to locate a CD that I'm on the hunt for. Oh, MUST not FORGET (posting so I'll read my own note here) - 'Tis time to load the CD changer in my car w/only HOLIDAY music!!! Simple pleasure for me folks..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #1195  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCTView Post
I saw the apron last night, but today it is gone. I have a feeling it was deleted because it is not something stamped.
BUMMER...I'm so sad, I know I was looking for it! That TWO SEAMS only post about how to make it would work really well about right now - the time crunch on my end. I enjoy ALL aprons, however sewing with only TWO SEAMS, I'm in!! And I have LOADS of fabric begging to be used. Using Debi's idea of adding some baking items with it? Who wouldn't mind another whisk, or set of spoons?

Especially since for making Denis'e Lotiion, WHICH BTW I don't know HOW you folks were getting the Vaseline, and cream out w/out using a mini spatula, a spoon just wasn't working for me! I read, "don't use plastic, it might taste like lotion even after washing", but I had to cave & USE one of mine... SO, into the craft tools supply box it went after washed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #1196  
Matboard Maniac

Default Apron

Oops! Didn't realize putting the apron in my gallery was outside of the rules of posting to the gallery, my bad for sure! I am going to try to post the picture again in this post. I haven't done that before, so here goes!

Rachael
Attached Thumbnails
What are you making for Christmas?-moms-apron.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #1197  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I would seriously be so LOST w/out my rice packs, as I use mine daily. Some of mine that I received as gifts I saw had flax seeds in them, some w/rice of course, then barley, and other things... There is a list out there somewhere on the net (will try to locate) of all the items that be used inside for these, since you don't have a feed store around. I've personally never tried using corn, but since the price is probably just RIGHT, I'm going to check and try. (We have lots of horse owners, and land to go with it nearby..so I'm sure we have a feed store or two that are close enough!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #1198  
Crimping Master

Post Rachael, Thank you!

Quote:

Oops! Didn't realize putting the apron in my gallery was outside of the rules of posting to the gallery, my bad for sure! I am going to try to post the picture again in this post. I haven't done that before, so here goes!

Rachael
OK, Rachael, now how does the only two seams part play in here... Willing to share the family secret? ;) That is a NICE apron! Quick and easy to make you mentioned back in the 500# posts???

TOO cute, and this one covers it appears the front and back? (maybe I'm not looking at it right?) IF SO, heck ya...would save me some extra bonus messes on my clothes. I get my FRONT side covered, which is a good plan, but sometimes I back up and BUMP into a bowl, etc., on the counter, which MEANS, my back now has something special on it..or my rear end. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #1199  
Matboard Maniac

Just wanted to post a quick follow up post, since I am still shocked over the fact that I got the apron pic to upload! I am planning on making Denise's lotion this weekend, need to finish 3 more aprons, my cards are almost done (just 3 sets this year with about 15 cards each) and then I need to finish my glass blocks and I am pretty close to being done with Christmas. Lost a little momentum this week with ds home from college (first time since August) so I have been taking a break to enjoy him! I also fly out Tuesday to Milwaukee for work, so next weekend may be resting from the trip, so need to get a lot done this weekend!
I do have to second the mention that this thread has been so great and you all are truly a bunch of gifted ladies! I have so enjoyed making my gifts and even if my extended family doesn't appreciate them enough, I have really enjoyed the process! So a big shout out to all who have contributed to this thread, and even those things I look at and think "I could never attempt that" I still love seeing!!

Rachael
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:53 AM   #1200  
Crimping Master

Quote:

LOL I can picture the whole gift set thingy now. How bad is that? I was going to decorate a coffee travel mug with guitars for my Dad? How cool will it look sitting in a record bowl?
That is a GREAT idea! AND once I clicked on the link and saw how easy..my mind went racing!! (spent too many years involved w/the music industry I think??)

Anyway, I'm still trying to come up w/as many way to work this one.

ON THAT NOTE, anyone TRIED this yet? Is this an open EVERY WINDOW type of deal while heating. I'm wondering about the odors, if any, that might come up from softening/melting these in the oven. I've already LEARNED to clear away SPACE for those time sensitive items, like this. Didn't it say work FAST you may have only a minute or so?? Tryin' to remember..

AND, hey I didnt stop w/full sizes LP, I was thinking 45 rpm, and OH WAIT, might take a tad longer, since these were made much heavier, but that OTHER SIZE of those 78 rpm one? With a cool OLDER label to boot!?! Huh?!! A gift bowl SET of three sizes??

Love the coffee mug inside the bowl...how cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes