Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-10-2005, 04:24 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trading Cards - I didn't get it!

I've heard of people swapping trading cards and loved the idea of making technique trading cards, but frankly, I didn't really get the concept connected to stamping - why not just make cards?

Then a friend sent me this link: http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html

I'm inspired! I want to make trading cards and trade them!

There are links off that page for even more inspiration. Apparently there are trading card exchange events all over the world. This is pretty cool!

Alyson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 05:34 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the different, cute smaller size is just fun. I have several ATC's and put them in a 3 ring binder notebook in those baseball cards holders. I found those plastic baseball card holders that you put in the 3 ring binders, at the dollar store a few years ago. You can flip through the notebook to look at, or put them up on the bulletin board, ref, photo holders, etc. I'd like to get involved with some ATC swaps again. I was involved with an Alphabet ATC swap and that was fun!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the link. I have seen that one before and she is wonderful! There are a lot of wonderful ATC groups out there. Most of them do tend to be more collage oriented than stamping. However, I have noticed that here on SCS we are starting to see a lot more ATC Swaps and that's awesomes.

What I love about ATC is their size. I can use scraps that I have left over from other projects. I can experiment with different techniques and stamps without feeling commited to designing a card front. They are just a lot of fun!!!

Asela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 05:57 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

I love ATC's and only have a few! They are so small, yet can be so full of detail, technique and artist style! They are very fun to make! Will have to check out the swaps and see what is going on! I'm in one now for Little Usuable Notecards and they are similiar, but ATCs are not folded notecards! I like to tuck the ATC's I make in the letters my DH sends to his family every week! Just a little "card" to say hello...my inlaws love it!

Here are a few links that I found interesting!

http://thepaperartistplace.com/connected_atcs.htm

http://www.artist-trading-cards.com/
Old 05-10-2005, 05:58 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlysonRR
I've heard of people swapping trading cards and loved the idea of making technique trading cards, but frankly, I didn't really get the concept connected to stamping - why not just make cards?

Then a friend sent me this link: http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html

I'm inspired! I want to make trading cards and trade them!

There are links off that page for even more inspiration. Apparently there are trading card exchange events all over the world. This is pretty cool!

Alyson
Your link was better than mine! Wow!!! Very neat! I've been wondering how to do the envelope for them! TFS!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:02 AM   #6  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Just finished my first Trading Card Swap and I had so much fun. I can't wait to see what I receive!

I'm afraid to look at the link because I don't want to see if I did them wrong. LOL

I can see where I would use them as gift cards or just as cute mini cards.

I will probably join another one of this type swap here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 06:11 AM   #7  
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Most of the ones in the link are pretty way out of my league. Mine are pretty much just "mini cards" or something you could attach to regular size card you are sending out.

I'll swap here and welcome HONEST feedback so I can grow and learn.

Someone here tells me what I need to change and that they are not quite right I can take that and run with it with no hurt feelings.

My demo said when she was at conference some people refused to card front swap with her! They didn't think hers was as good as theirs!:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Oh pooey! Goodness! I think ATC should be purely an artist's play...meaning you do as you please! I love the look of the really complex ones, but I don't really stamp like that! I love to just enjoy it and the ATC's are small, that I love the challenge of seeing how pretty I can make it! Hmm, hope that makes sense...I just simply enjoy the smaller work space and seeing what I can do with it! Have fun! That's the main thing! There is a trading swap going on right now...I just joined up! Yea!!

Oh, I can't imagine being refused. Yikes, that's awful!!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

OMGosh...I don't think that ATC should be judged at all. I think that ATC's can be anything....from simple to complex. It's all about having fun and expressing yourself as an artist. If you do a internet search under Artist Trading Cards you will see that the skies the limits with these little jems. They can be as simple as a black and white line drawing to a complete computer generated design. It's all in how you want to express yourself within a given theme.

Have fun....That's what its all about with ATC!!

Asela
Reply With Quote Likes