Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IKEA: good things to stamp on?

Does anyone have any ideas of things sold at an IKEA store that you could stamp on? Last year I found great cork trivets, very inexpensive.
TIA

SCS just keeps getting better and better!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 02:54 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I saw a project using their spice jars. The jars were glass with the cutest silver tops. The jar was filled with cocoa; the mug from Espress Yourself was stamped on shrinky dinks and that was layered on brown mulberry paper and then attached to the glass. A little tag was then stamped with the marshmallows from the same set and filled in with flock I think but liquid applique (sp?) could also be used.

A SU! demo submitted it and if I could find her name I'd give her credit. It was the cutest idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Wendy-0,

Did you do anything with the cork trivets?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 03:32 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I also bought some cork trivets last year, too - they're still in my collection of "Oh, I could stamp on that!" stuff. :oops:

The last time I was there, I picked up a set of oval nested boxes - they're either made of or covered with a light pink paper with darker pink threads in it. I hope that makes sense. I also picked up a set of round nested boxes which are solid colors - I think there are 5 different colors and the largest box is about 6" in diameter. The round ones are not as sturdy as the oval ones.

I feel like I'm due for another trip to IKEA but I need to cut back on my spending so I'd better not go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

OK...what the heck is IKEA? I've seen it referenced here a few times and on another board that I'm a part of. Please tell me....I'm way off in Japan Land and I feel so deprived!!

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 05:39 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

IKEA is a store. Here is their website: www.ikea.com They have them here in NJ as well as a bunch of other locations. You can also shop on their online store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

I bought these little candle holders and stamped and embossed on the top of them.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampershttp://<br /> <br /> I stamped wit...<br /> Sheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 05:51 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used the cork trivets (round) as xmas gifts for teachers last year.

IKEA is a huge store that has everything for the home. They are about 400,000 sq ft in size. Yes, I am repeating myself, it's a huge store. They even have a child care area and a cafeteria, very reasonably priced. You can get flatware, nice wooden hangers, rugs for the bathroom, area rugs, tables, chairs, and sofas, etc. The tables and other large items come with some assembly required, easy to transport. There are tons of organizational things too, like boxes, cd racks, and bookcases. It is a European company, Swedish I believe. You can find stores in NY, Chicago, Toronto (to name a few places). Last year was my first time and boy was I amazed. I am glad I took the back seats out of my van. I bought solid wood end tables, a child's dresser, towels, bathrugs, an area rug, and tons of other stuff. You can easily get carried away. I can't believe they are going to build one in the MetroDetroit area, about 15 minutes from my sister's front door.

They have a web site: www.ikea.com
Not everything in the store is available on line though. They also have a catalog that you can pick up in the store. About 75 minutes from me WOOHOO. That could be dangerous to my budget.

P.S. I don't get out much, so a superstore is a big thrill to me.

SCS just keeps getting better and better!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #9  
Cupcake Queen

I found the coolest thing last time I was there. I found cork square coasters -- plain and ready to be stamped, or -- they also fit perfectly with tile coasters as the bottom.

YAY! I am so excited to play with them.
Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I love, love, love IKEA!! That is about the only thing I miss from our days in San Diego. The closest one here is in Emeryville but they are building one in Dublin I guess....a little closer. Can't wait!! Wooo...I just checked their web site again and they are building one in West Sacramento! Yippeee!! Now I know that there is stuff to look for to stamp on while I am there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Their candles are the best...great quality...cheap price. They also have lots of wooden things that can be stained or painted then stamped on. Lots of glass things too. I just love it when I can get to Calgary so I can find all the wonderful things they carry, and what's new and different!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 04:48 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

YES! The IKEA store is coming to Canton, MI, from what I understand. I am excited...I have a friend who drove all the way to PA to buy furniture from them because she liked it so much. Now I know that I will really like the store if it has stampable things there!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 05:14 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yes, IKEA is Swedish! I lived in Sweden for many years (my mother is Swedish) We shopped there ALL the time when I was a kid. We usually go now to the Schaumberg location (Chicago) when we visit family.

I'm am excited beyond belief they're FINALLY building one in Canton, it will be about 45min. from me.
I've been waiting since 2001 when they talked about building an IKEA in Troy.( Which would have been 2 miles away) The city of Troy did not like the idea of IKEA's BLUE bldg. in Troy's landscape!!!

What I've bought are these wood framed mirrors "MALMA" 10x10 in size, for like $1.95-2.95 (can't remember it's been a while)
You get 3 1/4 in. of stamping room all the way around. The mirror is 3 3/4 in. in the middle. That's only one thing. Just look around & you'll find LOTS of "stamp worthy" items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 05:34 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

You can buy wooden storage boxes that you need to assemble yourself. They are 10"Hx14"Wx10"D. They have various drawer configurations...3 large drawers, 9 small drawers or 3 small and 2 large drawers, within the previous dimensions. They are fantastic for a variety of items. The large drawers hold 7 pkgs. of cardstock or 18 new style ink pad with room for refills.
I just painted one with acrylic paints and stamped it with the craft inks. It turned out pretty cool.
The motto here is choose what you want from Pottery Barn and buy it at IKEA. My 13 year old niece redid her room for her birthday last summer and came in 500 dollars under budget by buying at IKEA. She got a desk, mirrors, lighting, bedding and more.

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 05:35 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

We love IKEA! It is one store my DH loves to go with me. We live about 2 hours from our closest one but whenever we are in the Chicago area we always stop by the one in Schaumburg.
SCS #11408
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 05:44 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am very lucky, I live 5 stinkin' minutes away from IKEA (Schaumburg, IL store)!!!!!!!!! I go in spurts w/that place though. I won't go for 6 mos. & then other times I'm there once a week. I think they have lots of stampable items for dirt cheap. I bought my ink pad storage boxes there for each color family for 2.99!! I'll post them later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

Kimfoy

Please do post your storage boxes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 09:24 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG! IKEA totally ROCKS! You will LOVE that place! What's also cool, is they have a FREE play area for kids under age 10 where you can let them play for an hour, go shopping, grab the kids when the one hour limit is up, have lunch in their cool cafeteria (I love swedish meatballs! AND, their prices for meals are very REASONABLE!), then re-register the kids in the play area again for another hour and shop MORE!

OH, and I found frames inexpensively there, as well as natural wooden framed MIRRORS for dirt cheap and perfect for stamping on!!!! But, I didn't buy any . . . BIG REGRET!

I could SO go broke in there just buying stuff from them to stamp on!

Thank goodness they ARE 3 hours from me and I only go about 1 or 2x a year, or I'd be in serious doo-doo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 10:07 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

They have some nice plain white cardboard magazine files - I have used my wheel to decorate them...you get 5 for less than $3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to go all the time when I lived in Southern California. My son would beg to go so he could go in the kids area. He thought it was the Disneyland of stores.

We just had one open in the Phoenix area 2 weeks ago. Which is 15 mins away. EEEK. I am waiting for the hype to die down so I can go get some bargins. They were having a opening week special of rattan chairs for $9.99, they were showing them on the news and everyone was leaving the store with them. They were so cute!

Don't think the DS will beg to go this time...since he's 19 now.

Hmmm, I have Monday off....people will be at work...think I will be at IKEA! wooo hooo

See my gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=14784
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Default IKEA

Ours in Tempe just opened a week ago yesterday. I am anxious to get over there, but the traffic in and out of the store is UNBELIEVEABLE! They have actually had to close our freeway.

My kids would never let me stop on our trips to CA after a very long 5 hour trip thru the store once.

Now my son wants to go! Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 08:44 AM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

Default IKEA

I have purchased their wall clocks $1.99 ea. i made one for my new nephew with his name & birthdate & weight on it. it's alittle trickey to take apart, but it works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmike
We just had one open in the Phoenix area 2 weeks ago. Which is 15 mins away. EEEK. I am waiting for the hype to die down so I can go get some bargins.
Has the hype died down yet? I am just itching to go, but I saw it on opening day. NO WAY would I have gone then!! People waiting in line for days!! They even closed down the off-ramp from the freeway! LOL
Maybe I'll go next week after work.

Marjori Miller

Come stamp with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2004, 10:25 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

The freeway was closed again this past weekend. I went the other day
and walked thru without stopping (I knew what they were all about). Took me 45 minutes.
Went back yesterday at 10 when they opened. I went backwards because what I needed was near the end before the marketplace. Was in and out and back home within a hour. The check out lines are not bad at all, maybe a five minute wait. All the traffic is upstairs and in the restaurant.
Good luck.
Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2004, 10:32 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

The freeway was closed again this past weekend. I went the other day
and walked thru without stopping (I knew what they were all about). Took me 45 minutes.
Went back yesterday at 10 when they opened. I went backwards because what I needed was near the end before the marketplace. Was in and out and back home within a hour. The check out lines are not bad at all, maybe a five minute wait. All the traffic is upstairs and in the restaurant.
Good luck.
Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2004, 11:35 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a few miles from the new one in College Park, MD. It is fantastic. Not only do they have fun things to stamp on, but my entire scrappin' and stampin' room (-1 armoire) is from there. You can find the best tables and storage units to fit all your stuff. LOVE IT! I actually have to stop myself from popping in to see what's new, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes