Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a new cutter/scorer

I am in need of a new fiskars paper cutter and scorer. Went to Michaels today but could not find a nice ($25.00 or less) cutter with a scorer. Mine is 13+ years old and does not owe me a thing!! Anyone know what is good out there?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd like to hear what others have to say about this, too, but I think that trying to find an excellent cutter/scorer for $25 or less could be problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Okay, I'm with everyone when it comes to finding some for cheap....... but then I know how itis when you need something like a trimmer... you want a good one...

I used TONS of trimmers and I was never happy... I used the Provo Craft Trimmers, Creative Memoreis Trimmers and I had used a Fiskers years ago and wasn't happy.

Around June of this last year I had had with my Trimmer, I had a friend who had become a Stampin' Demo and got there 12 inch Trimmer and had said it really was the best she had ever used, I didn't tend to believe her because I felt like she was just saying that so I would buy one from her.
I was already part of her Stamp Club and and every 3 months you get $30.00 in free product, long story .. LONGER!!!! (HA ha) I was living about an hour from ANY kind of craft story so I thought I ok ... use the free product cash to get a new trimmer, and as it turns out she was right ... I really love their trimmer.....

Here is what I would do if I had been living close to a Michael/Joann .... Stampin' Up Trimmers is a fiskers trimmer... you can even get the blade replacements at Micahels... you don't need to get them through stampin' up...
Go to Michels and use a coupon and get a fiskers trimmer.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 11-21-2011 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: SPR violation
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks ladies! I have always used the Fiskers 12" personal cutter/scorer. Mine is probably 10+ years old, so it doesn't owe me a thing! I went to Michaels on Sunday and was quite confused by their offerings. Not a single cutter had a scorer on it and it didn't say anywhere on the packaging that you can add a scorer. I didn't know with the advent of "Simply Scored" and the Martha Stewart equivalent, if we are expected to have 2 devices now. ??????? Any one know what I mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

You can use a bone folder with your trimmer to score.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I have also had the Fiskars trimmer for many, many years. It works just fine for me! The new one might not come with the scoring blade, but I still see the replacement blade 2 packs that come with the scoring blade. Does anyone know if these work in the newer trimmer?

My Stamping Pad
Reply With Quote Likes