Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   I need a new cutter/scorer (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/i-need-new-cutter-scorer-542728/)

love2create 11-20-2011 03:34 PM

I need a new cutter/scorer

I am in need of a new fiskars paper cutter and scorer. Went to Michaels today but could not find a nice ($25.00 or less) cutter with a scorer. Mine is 13+ years old and does not owe me a thing!! Anyone know what is good out there?

RosieLP 11-21-2011 06:03 AM

I'd like to hear what others have to say about this, too, but I think that trying to find an excellent cutter/scorer for $25 or less could be problem.

TwoChicsCricut 11-21-2011 06:40 AM

Okay, I'm with everyone when it comes to finding some for cheap....... but then I know how itis when you need something like a trimmer... you want a good one...

I used TONS of trimmers and I was never happy... I used the Provo Craft Trimmers, Creative Memoreis Trimmers and I had used a Fiskers years ago and wasn't happy.

Around June of this last year I had had with my Trimmer, I had a friend who had become a Stampin' Demo and got there 12 inch Trimmer and had said it really was the best she had ever used, I didn't tend to believe her because I felt like she was just saying that so I would buy one from her.
I was already part of her Stamp Club and and every 3 months you get $30.00 in free product, long story .. LONGER!!!! (HA ha) I was living about an hour from ANY kind of craft story so I thought I ok ... use the free product cash to get a new trimmer, and as it turns out she was right ... I really love their trimmer.....

Here is what I would do if I had been living close to a Michael/Joann .... Stampin' Up Trimmers is a fiskers trimmer... you can even get the blade replacements at Micahels... you don't need to get them through stampin' up...
Go to Michels and use a coupon and get a fiskers trimmer.

Hope this helps!

love2create 11-21-2011 03:02 PM

Thanks ladies! I have always used the Fiskers 12" personal cutter/scorer. Mine is probably 10+ years old, so it doesn't owe me a thing! I went to Michaels on Sunday and was quite confused by their offerings. Not a single cutter had a scorer on it and it didn't say anywhere on the packaging that you can add a scorer. I didn't know with the advent of "Simply Scored" and the Martha Stewart equivalent, if we are expected to have 2 devices now. ??????? Any one know what I mean?

TwoChicsCricut 11-21-2011 03:54 PM

You can use a bone folder with your trimmer to score.

Meechelle 11-21-2011 07:18 PM

I have also had the Fiskars trimmer for many, many years. It works just fine for me! The new one might not come with the scoring blade, but I still see the replacement blade 2 packs that come with the scoring blade. Does anyone know if these work in the newer trimmer?