Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2005, 07:14 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best stamp/scrap store in Washington, DC ??

I am taking my kids next week to Washington, DC. What is the best stamp or scrapbooking store in Washington, DC? I live near Boston and the stores are far away and small. I am taking my kids on the train so I will not have a car. The train is cheaper than driving since I don't have to pay for tolls, gas and parking.

Thanks,
Tina R
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 07:22 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

We were there 2 weeks ago when the kids were on spring break. Went to "M" street in Georgetown for dinner and there was a nice store called "The Paper Source". Their upper level was like a toy store for me with stamps, papers and embellishments. Not the biggest for stamping and scrapping, I'm sure, but enough for me to have a party in for a while with hubby and the kids along. Had dinner at a little bistro/bar called The News Cafe. Check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 07:59 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Angela's Happy Stamper is in Reston, so you would probably need a car.
It would be possible to get there on the Metrobus, however.

A.C. Moore chain is pretty intense on scrapping. There are several locations, but again, none near the metro I know of--would mean the bus.

Metro directions:

www.wmata.com

AHS:

www.ahappystamper.com

A.C. Moore:

www.acmoore.com

Last edited by parsnip; 04-13-2005 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: bad link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Ditto "The Paper Source". You'll love it in there. I do believe it is a national chain, but they have excellent goods to keep you entertained for hours. It is not a small town stamping store though, if that is what you were looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

We were in D.C. this weekend for Regionals!! It was great!! We are going back in a few weeks to sight see. I was thinking the same thing. I would love to check out the Stamping & Scrapping stores too!! I met a friend at Regionals from D.C. maybe she will have some insight for us. I will PM her!!
Talk to you soon!!
http://michellegruber.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default There are DC stamping stores?

I live in the city and there's really not much in DC proper. Paper Source in Georgetown is very nice and has a great selection of paper and stationary. It's also got a decent selection of punches and other accessories like colored pencils and art supplies. Not a whole lot in the way of stamping. But as you're from Boston, PS is probably very familiar to you. I first discovered PS in Boston, the one on Boylston Street just off the Common.

I usually have to go out to the suburbs for stamping supplies and I haven't found anything that is really metro accessible, at least without having to metro out to the far ends of the system. It's actually a main reason why I like SU because I get stuff shipped to me. There are your standard Michael's and AC Moores in the 'burbs. The Jo-Ann's I've come across don't have a lot of craft supplies and are mostly fabric stores, but I've only ever stepped into two of them.

There is a scrapbook store in Fairfax called My Scrapbook Store, of which I have heard rumors that it was Joy MacDonnell's (of EK Success) store. I went there once, a year ago. It's a nice store. Heavily into scrapbooking (as the name suggests) so it had a wonderful selection of stickers, gorgeous background papers, and die cuts and charms. Again not a whole lot in terms of stamping. It is only accessible by car or maybe bus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 05:19 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the information. I took my kids to DC four years ago and I found the Paper Source in Georgetown. That was before my stamping and scrapbooking passion.

I am looking forward to spending the week taking photos of my kids exploring DC. I have a 11 year old son and daughter and they both will be making a mini book from this vacation so I need lots of photos.

Boston does not have a stamping/scraping store so I am not surprised that neither does DC. After CKU, I went to a scrapbooking store outside Boston and it just sent mail out that is closing.

This area has so few stamp/scrap stores which is why I am doing so great with Stampin' Up!. I drive a two hour round trip to go to either of two stamp/scrap stores. I also have Michaels, AC Moore and Joann's within an hour drive from my home.

When I went to Orlando for the Stampin' Up! convention last July, I found two stamp/scrap stores which I spent hours in. I teach weekly classes and I like to get ideas from local stores. CSC is also a great source of ideas to teach.

Tina R
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 04:46 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Hi girls--- I was asked if I knew of any stamping niches in the metro and sadly I do not. I don't even see any listed in any of the paper mags I get. So even though I live in DC, I have no clue! I do know that if you are headed towards Middleburg VA, there is a great Stamping store there called Camie's Paperie. I heard it is very worth taking the scenic drive out there.
Sorry I am no help....

Laurel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 05:36 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

One more DC Metro store which is definitely drive only

The Queen's Ink in Crofton, MD. They have lots of stuff and many classes.

www.queensink.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to DC! Other than the Paper Source in Georgetown and a Plaza Arts store on K street in downtown that is mainly art supplies, the city holds nothing of interest stamping wise. The VA suburbs has: Cami's Paperie (way out in Purcellville -- you'd have to rent a car, but the store is amazing; Angela's Happy Stamper -- in Reston -- ditto the car -- nice but not worth a trip, and My Scrapbook Store -- ditto the car but must closer in. Has tons of paper and just started selling stamps and inks. We also have Michaels, Joanns and AC Moore.

pm me if you are interested in getting together. It is possible that I could be available for a trip to Purcelville and you could avoid renting a car!
Reply With Quote Likes