Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carol Duvall show

What happened to the Carol Duvall show on HGTV? I'm a little tired of the remodeling/redecorating on a dime-type shows. Don't they care about us crafters?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I agree!!! I do know that the show can be found on DIY but even that network doesn't seem to care about us crafters as much as it used to!!!
WHY? I've no idea as we crafters are a huge group!! TMO MaggieSt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #3  
Vintage Vixen

I miss her show, too!!

I assumed that Carol retired and/or is no longer making new shows. I know that the shows I saw last year were all reruns, and the last time I remember HGTV having her show on was around last Christmas (and they were all repeats of previous Christmas-themed shows, I believe). If you look up Carol Duvall on the HGTV website it says "No upcoming episodes are currently available." The couple of crafting shows they had on last year/winter were not as good. One was nothing but knitting (Knitty Gritty I think it was called?) and I don't knit. The other one demonstrated craft crap items. It was also on at 6:30 in the morning at one point and I don't get up that early for something like that. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I believe that she retired, but they still feature her on the website and it says you can watch her shows online.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_cds

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

and here is a press ealease that she was ceasing production of her show:

http://www.hgtv.com/press-release/ca...owi/index

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have watched her since she was on ABC's daytime show "The Home Show" I love Carol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 10:09 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Carol was "retired" by the network that produced her show. I really miss her show. I can still find her re-runs on HGTV and one other channel really early in the morning. She is still active in the crafting industry. She was just involved in a really cool art retreat video with Page Sage. You should check it out at http://www.pagesage.com There are also some fun clips up there from CHA. JIL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Carol Duvall

I actually watched the last episode of her show! I recorded it on a video tape. I did see where she has written a book and once in a while I see her on HSN or QVC with craft items. I loved the scrapbooking show on DIY network, but alas, it has gone by the way side. I did see reruns of some of the Joys of Card Making specials. I have a ton of those TV shows recorded!

(Granny) Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 203 Likes on 169 Posts

I was one of the fortunate ones that was on her last Holiday Workshop. Yes, the one that has re-ran for the last four years. Her show was "retired", but several of her programs were not aired. Carol is awesome. She is in her early eighties and wanted to take the time to write a book, which she has, also do papercrafting for herself. That was if she ever retired. Her plans were to keep doing the show. She does a craft cruise each year and stays active in going to CHA. I wished HGTV would come up with craft programs that would benefit those of us who are crafters. Bring back Carol Duvall's show and finish showing the ones that were never aired. I do not get DIY. I go on line to HGTV for programs of Carol's to find a project she has featured...last night I was looking for a glitter card on her website... found it.

Maybe if enough crafters would contact HGTV with request to bring us some crafting shows they would listen. You think?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Default Miss her too!

I sure have missed the Carol Duvall Show too. She was a fellow paper crafter deluxe. Where have all the craft shows gone?

Meemee48
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I too Love watching Carol every morning until they made you get up too early. HGTV gave me some "song and dance" story as to why she wasn't on later (like 8 am) and than something about coming up with stuff for younger viewers would watch, it was just a bunch of nonsense to me and you could read between the lines that they just didn't want to bother with her show anymore! I too wish they would bring her back, even if it was just once a week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Here is another "I miss Carol" person. She was the highlight of my day when I was not working.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know. I miss her, too. *sob*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post

I know. I miss her, too. *sob*
but at last you got to meet her

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another Carol fan here. I used to watch her faithfully as well - in fact, I probably watched her too much. Here's how I know this.

When my son was about 4 years old, he was watching a play-off hockey game with his dad on TV. My husband commented to me as I passed through the room, "There are lots of celebrities at this game (and proceeded to name some)." My son, not to be left out, chimes in (with the only celebrity name he knew) "Yeah! I just saw Carol Duvall on the 2nd row!"

Of course, she wasn't really there, but I ROFL b/c my son's idea of a big-time celebrity was Carol Duvall! My husband, of course, just said, "Who?" (And proceeded to spend the next few years making sure my son knew the name of some real-men celebrities). ;)

Glad you brought her up; I thought about her yesterday when I ran across her Christmas village stamp kit (through Hot Potatoes) and also bought her book - for old times' sake. Yep, guess I'm a diehard fan, come to think of it.

Thanks for letting me share my little ditty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I also have been a long time friend to Carol and the reason she retired was due to the sudden death of Linda her best friend and co- worker.She said she just could not do another show without Linda being there to help her.I dont know what happen to Linda ,I wrote the company about misssing Carols show and that was what they told me.Linda was a real crafter and she and Carol always tryed everything together to she how it works.I miss Carol even now but I do have alot of her shows recorded over the years and I am thankful for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am another Carol Duvall fan. Thanks to those of you who added some personal tidbits. I have never been able to find much background info online.
I did see her book in a store not long ago - can't recall where.

Until a few months ago, there were reruns early morning on HGTV. Right now, I have noticed kind of an irregular schedule on DIY - the other day there were two episodes at 10 a.m. MDT.
I also miss Sandy Genovese (?) with her scrapbooking show, though there did not seem to be many different episodes.

We get a Brigham Young U. channel on our satellite, and there is a paper crafting show on daily at noon MDT - the name escapes me right now. I think it might have been on PBS originally. I find it a bit less helpful as they seem a little sketchy on some of the how-to aspects of their segments.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

I set my TV to record her shows on DIY and HGTV. Even old show are new again. I really miss all the craft shows. The shows in DIY are a bit goofy and you get a good one just once in a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 493 Likes on 272 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorindaView Post
I have watched her since she was on ABC's daytime show "The Home Show" I love Carol
LOL! I grew up in Detroit, I watched Carol Duvall back when I was a kid, and I'm 55 now! I was delighted when I would catch her on HGTV. It was like a blast from my past!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
I am another Carol Duvall fan. Thanks to those of you who added some personal tidbits. I have never been able to find much background info online.
I did see her book in a store not long ago - can't recall where.

Until a few months ago, there were reruns early morning on HGTV. Right now, I have noticed kind of an irregular schedule on DIY - the other day there were two episodes at 10 a.m. MDT.
I also miss Sandy Genovese (?) with her scrapbooking show, though there did not seem to be many different episodes.

We get a Brigham Young U. channel on our satellite, and there is a paper crafting show on daily at noon MDT - the name escapes me right now. I think it might have been on PBS originally. I find it a bit less helpful as they seem a little sketchy on some of the how-to aspects of their segments.
I think I just watched that show today--for the first time!

But, it really wasn't very good--at least what I saw. They were showing how to alter and embellish surfaces with markers (chipboard, metal, glossy paper, etc.), and they did a terrible job--they didn't tell viewers exactly what they were using or why they were especially good for that particular surface, etc. Sure, I know exactly what brand and type for which kinds of surfaces, and recognized them instantly as they were cruising along through the whole thing, etc. because I've been paper-crafting for 14+ years, but if I were new to paper-crafting, and had little experience with that sort of thing, I wouldn't have had a clue from what they were saying, what to get for which application, etc. :shock:

It was rather boring, and, disappointing, to be honest . . .

But, I did learn something from the Photoshop segment and the gal that presented that did an excellent job explaining exactly what and how she was doing that particular digital technique.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

but at last you got to meet her
Oh, yeah. I still get a goofy grin on my face, every time I think of it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like the Carol Duvall show too -

I sometimes watch Crafter Coast to Coast... and there is another one with a guy and girl but it doesn't thrill me much.

Maybe the Dirty Dozen and their alumni need a show?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I think I just watched that show today--for the first time!

But, it really wasn't very good--at least what I saw. They were showing how to alter and embellish surfaces with markers (chipboard, metal, glossy paper, etc.), and they did a terrible job--they didn't tell viewers exactly what they were using or why they were especially good for that particular surface, etc. Sure, I know exactly what brand and type for which kinds of surfaces, and recognized them instantly as they were cruising along through the whole thing, etc. because I've been paper-crafting for 14+ years, but if I were new to paper-crafting, and had little experience with that sort of thing, I wouldn't have had a clue from what they were saying, what to get for which application, etc. :shock: Well, I kind of wanted to say that sort of thing, but I thought I just don't know enough about how to teach stamping. Coming from you the opinion seems more legit!

It was rather boring, and, disappointing, to be honest . . .

But, I did learn something from the Photoshop segment and the gal that presented that did an excellent job explaining exactly what and how she was doing that particular digital technique.
Now, with this segment - I also need a more basic approach - but then, I don't have Photoshop.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by meemee48View Post
I sure have missed the Carol Duvall Show too. She was a fellow paper crafter deluxe. Where have all the craft shows gone?

Meemee48
i think there's a song there.

keep on trucking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #25  
Compulsive Stamper

I just found this podcast with Carol from May. It talks about how she got her start. Pretty interesting stuff...
http://girlfriendology.com/tag/carol-duvall-show/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for the link for the podcast.. I am listening to it right now. I just watched this morning 5 Carol Duvall shows I had saved in the DVR.

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Home Show

Quote:

And Rob Weller was the original host! That's when I became a fan too. I can't believe she's in her 80's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 07:37 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I'm from the Detroit area and remember watching Carol on Kelly and Company.
I love Carol, I loved that she made mistakes sometimes just like we all do. She made things we could all do. Always wished she was my Mother -in-Law.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

I feel silly but I only barely even heard of Carol Duval 2 years ago and it was via the holiday series she die, I WAS HOOKED omg it sent me over the edge with paper crafting, had no idea how much I would love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

I LOVE her! Part of the reason I watched her show was learning new crafts, but I equally watched due to her enthusiasm/attitude (she wasn't afraid to say why she didn't like a product or why she did like it. She could dish out teasing and could take it, too!) and she didn't push her own products like some others have. She's a rare Lady in her profession.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys are making me sad. I sure miss her.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Warren Gruenig, Dee's husband said that Carol was pushed out? I was so sad when I found out she wouldn't be on every weekday morning. I would take my kids to school and then rush home to watch her show. I loved when she shared new products. I still think there is a market for that type of show. Look how big this list is! If Carol truly doesn't want to do more shows that is understandable but I still miss her show.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

I would think that being in her 80's she would be ready for a little R&R but I miss her.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2,505 Likes on 1,496 Posts
Smile

Am a big fan of Carol and would watch her show everyday and miss her too. HGTV does air past programs very early in the morning here in the east.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also heard that she was pushed out - they wanted someone younger. . .

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

But if that was the reason, why didn't they replace her with someone? Just asking...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

I miss her too! I really would like to see some craft shows on tv again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #38  
Kookie Creator

I miss Carol too!! :-(

I always watched her show and recorded it so I could watch it while trying the projects. I loved the show because it was not sponsored by one company and she had such a great variety of craft projects. She would say if she liked or didn't like something and didn't act like she knew everything. She was learning along with us on many things. She just has that best friend personality that really came through.

The show they replaced her with Crafter's Coast to Coast was awful. The cameral movements made me naseaus (and I never have been carsick in my life)!! They also were not good about telling you everything. They would leave out a lot of need to know information and their primary craft was jewelry making. There have been a few other shows but their ideas of crafts are more for kids than adults.

I don't know what HGTV was thinking! They lost a very dedicated audience and now have only decorating shows and follow a realtor around shows. With the Scrapbooking/Papercraft industry being so huge I don't understand why there are no shows on any channels about it. Even Martha Stewart with her line of supplies rarely has a project on her show. It is primarily a cooking show.

Thanks, I feel better now after my rant. Every time I hear her name or think of her I still get upset and she left the show several years ago. They had tapes of new shows for about 6 months after she left.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

It would be great if they would still show her Christmas Shows every year at a decent time. I have not seen her show for several years and as said before they had it at a crazy early hour. I miss seeing her shows and I miss her positive attitude. She had crafters of many different companies and you could see the steps of the idea by the person who created idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #40  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Default Art Retreat DVD

Hi. Have any of you viewed this yet? What did you think?
Reply With Quote Likes