SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Dog Days Of Summer Master Challenge Thread

Title: It's a mirage!
Hostess: Understandblue (Lydia )
Keyword: JUN
/Date: JUN13VSNP
Date: Saturday, June 8
Time: 10:00 PM EST

Here in Texas, it gets pretty darn hot. Africa hot. Hotter than a two dollar pistol.

All summer long, it's so hot that everywhere you go, you see mirages on the streets and sidewalks, and I've been fascinated with them since I was a kid.

My challenge tonight is a mirage challenge. I want you to create a mirage inside a stamped image.

The way you do this is to stamp an image, and then use the no line coloring method to create a softer, more painterly version of the image that you will layer on top of it.

Here is a tutorial on the no line coloring method: Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

Here's the video I did for my sample for you tonight. You can use either the no line coloring method or use a lightbox for your sample, or you can color with markers directly on a stamp and then mist it with water for your mirage - or you can freestyle it! Just create a mirage!

This challenge was inspired by one of my favorite artists on Splitcoast - Lee Ann Barrett, aka whippetgirl.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON June 10th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. We have a special gallery for the Dog Days of Summer VSN. When you click on Member Galleries to access the drop-down list, either scroll to the very bottom of the list (or just hit the End key which will take you straight there), and upload to that gallery .
4. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, JUN13VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!