View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #156
daizees
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewflake View Post
I have a digi scraping question. I am not a digi scrapper and do not plan on becoming one BUT, I just saw some really cute page layouts and elements and was wondering......... How does the cost of digi scrapping compare to traditional scrapping?
Do you use most embellishment elements only once like you have to when purchasing traditionally? I know some can be used over and over. How many of those (use over and over) do you use and how many one purchase use?
I can answer your questions for Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software. I think in the long run, digi scrapping is going to be a lot cheaper. There's the cost of the program and any additional downloads, and the cost of printing, but with MDS the use of paper and embellishments or accessories is unlimited. I can use the same items 5,000 times if I want, for only the initial cost. They offer a free 30 day trial run of the program, or the program is $79.95. Also, Stampin' Up! offers a wide variety of additional downloads you can choose from and purchase. They offer new downloads almost every week, and they sell content disks too. You can use these downloads with other programs too, but I don't know which ones.
Like I was answering Wendy, you can choose to print it at home, print it somewhere like Walmart or Walgreens, or print it thru Stampin' Up!. So far I have only printed thru SU!.

Having said all that, I find paper scrapping more satisfying. I have plenty of supplies to keep me busy for a year or two, lol. But digi scrapping is so quick, easy and portable! No mess to get out or put away, no "wasting" supplies if you change your mind or don't like something, and with a laptop it can literally go anywhere you are.
2013: 141/75
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!