View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #2551
doorknocker3
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyes View Post
ok -- i need help.

i'm signed up for my very first craft show in about 3 weeks ---- i've been checking out the threads, and posted and stuff, but i'm really feeling like i don't know what i'm doing ---

so, how many "things" do i need? how do i figure out a price point?
what the heck did i get into?

not to mention how to set up a table -- sigh.

and -- am i crazy? i'm thinking about offering some make and takes -- something simple and cute -- and charge a buck to make it --- i'm also trying to promote my "business" -- i'd like to offer classes and workshops on techniques and stuff -- so i thought this would be a neat way to promote that ---

sigh. any tips, or help would be greatly appreciated!

--diane
Some things that worked for me:
1. contact info whether on a biz card or something that people can contact you in the future. Also, in case you run out of something, you can take orders.
2. I posted a sign that read "Yes, you can make it, but will you?" That really seemed to crack people up.
3. I also priced a lot of set pricing, for example $2 each or 3 for $5. That made people purchase more.
4. I tried to group like priced items together and I also used every tiered stand I own to create visual interest. Also, put together a mock table at home prior to the actual set up. I also used a box (now empty) to create height.
5. I didn't use an exact formula for prices, but I did research etsy and ebay for similar prices. I figured I wanted to make at least twice what it cost to make them (in some cases more). My philosophy is price to sell but not undersell myself.

Hope that helps a little.