View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
Joan B
Stazon Splitcoast

I am also at the point where I am happily keeping to a budget, which for me works out best. But I'll share some of the ways I was able to go from insane to moderately normal --

Sales are wonderful, but can destroy your best intentions. Ditto with free shipping with a minimum. Sometimes it really is better to spend $20 plus $6 shipping on a set you really want and will use, than $80 on stuff you won't use to get free shipping. Ditto with coupons. There are several stores having awesome sales now, but my budget for December is gone and that is that. No second guessing. Makes life so much easier...

I unsubscribed from a ton of websites, especially the ones that sent me 3 emails a week promoting new products.

I almost completely stopped buying patterned paper. I think I bought 3 packs in the last 2 years. And I still have some left over! Ditto with ribbon.

I just love to buy for the sake of buying. I know it. It isn't pretty but once I was able to limit the amount I spend, I felt enormous relief and am so much happier when I do spend.

Good luck!