View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #161
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT124 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT124 ~ TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION!

This week's destination is just up the road from me in Littleton, Colorado. We are sending our cards to Abby, the daughter of a co-worker of Shane, the son of fellow SCSer/Teapotter ConnieJo9 aka Con Air. How thoughtful of Shane to ask his mom if she could arrange for some hand-made cards to be mailed to his co-worker's daughter.

Abby is 15 1/2 years old and her school year has ended because her chemo has begun! Abby had a Wilms tumor removed when she was just 18 months old. This November 9th, at Children's Hospital in Denver they found a lump in her lower back, an extremely rare (especially in teens) form of cancer. It will be treated aggressively. 4 weeks on chemo, 2 weeks off, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, on-going for an entire year. She is also looking at surgery to remove the mass possibly within 12 weeks. There is also a possibility of a bone marrow transplant down the road.

Abby is a girly girl! Not a tomboy at all! She loves music and dance and her very favorite TV show is Glee! Connie has purchased a fun decorative box for Abby to accumulate her cards in while at Children's Hospital! Let's fill it up! Her father told Shane he is extremely excited and thankful Abby will be getting hand-made cards!

For more information, here is a link to Abby's Caringbridge Page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/abbyfast/mystory

Here is the address:

Abby Fast
5935 Panther Butte
Littleton, CO 80124

Thank you all from me and from Connie Jo.
Hugs.

UPDATE: Sadly, Sweet Abby has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-16-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!