Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #161  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMTPT124 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT124 ~ TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION!

This week's destination is just up the road from me in Littleton, Colorado. We are sending our cards to Abby, the daughter of a co-worker of Shane, the son of fellow SCSer/Teapotter ConnieJo9 aka Con Air. How thoughtful of Shane to ask his mom if she could arrange for some hand-made cards to be mailed to his co-worker's daughter.

Abby is 15 1/2 years old and her school year has ended because her chemo has begun! Abby had a Wilms tumor removed when she was just 18 months old. This November 9th, at Children's Hospital in Denver they found a lump in her lower back, an extremely rare (especially in teens) form of cancer. It will be treated aggressively. 4 weeks on chemo, 2 weeks off, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, on-going for an entire year. She is also looking at surgery to remove the mass possibly within 12 weeks. There is also a possibility of a bone marrow transplant down the road.

Abby is a girly girl! Not a tomboy at all! She loves music and dance and her very favorite TV show is Glee! Connie has purchased a fun decorative box for Abby to accumulate her cards in while at Children's Hospital! Let's fill it up! Her father told Shane he is extremely excited and thankful Abby will be getting hand-made cards!

For more information, here is a link to Abby's Caringbridge Page:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/abbyfast/mystory

Here is the address:

Abby Fast
5935 Panther Butte
Littleton, CO 80124

Thank you all from me and from Connie Jo.
Hugs.

UPDATE: Sadly, Sweet Abby has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 05-16-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #162  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a little update on Abby. She had a really bad weekend with her blood count. Shane was going to meet her at the company Christmas party Friday night but she was rushed to the hospital and we were all worried. Not only are you the best card makers in the world, you are great prayer warriors too. By the time they got to the hospital, her count was going up and they could not believe how fast and high it went up!!! She did not have to stay in the hospital that night. Thank you for all of your cards...no update on that part yet....and your prayers. Abby is keeping up the good fight and I appreciate all of you for what part you play in her journey.

hugs to all of you!!!

Connie Jo

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, by the way, the family said whoever is praying for her, please keep it up!!!

Proud Fan Club Member
Proud Member of Schirmcat's Naughty List
Member of Send Love Today
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #164  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Hi Connie! I just sent it via email to everyone so maybe more people will see it...or maybe when they come here for tommorrow's address.....Thanks for keeping us updated! Gives me big warm fuzzies..and I am tickled to hear she didn't have to stay in the hospital! That rocks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #165  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT125 ~ DESTINATION STATION #125

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #125

This week we are going to Minnesota! Brrr.....Good thing we are having our teaparty inside!! We are sending our cards to a fellow teapotter Kris Chirhart (krischir) You may have noticed that Kris hasn't been at our teaparties recently. She has been having trouble with her hands/wrists for a couple months now. And more recently she has had difficulty making cards! For an addicted stamper, you know how rough that would be!

She has scheduled surgery for BOTH hands/wrists for tommorrow, the 22nd! Yikes! I just know that Kris would love receiving our masterpieces this week to cheer her up and keep her feeling close to the stamping community that she is such a big part of! We all know how hard hand/wrist surgery on BOTH hands would be for a stamper! Yikes! And whew! What a relief to think that Kris probably won't even mind getting our big boo boos from art class! Snort!

Here is Kris' address:

Kris Chirhart
7854 Danner Court
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076

Thank you all!

Last edited by Mothermark; 12-20-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #166  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT126 ~DESTINATION STATION!

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #126:

This week's destination is Cedar City, Utah! I knew I recognized that wonderful smell! Ooh...smells good! The recipient of our cards is the mother of fellow SCSer/Teapotter, Jennifer (mother's daughter). With an SCS screen name like that, you know their relationship is a close and wonderful thing. In honor of a Mother's Daughter, we are bringing some support and love to Joyce in Cedar City, Utah!

Joyce, also a cardmaker and SCSer (jjai) has been battling cancer for 13 years. On November 10th, at age 76, Joyce had surgery that lasted an unbelievable 15 hours. Although this surgery was necessary to battle her cancer, the result of it has been a life changing event for Joyce. She has been left with side effects similar to those of a stroke including impaired speech and a diet of soft and pureed foods. J Joyce's daughters have been honored to care for their mother thoughout her struggles with cancer.

Joyce is a Red Hat Lady! She loves gardening, country music and Bunco and of course, card making and Splitcoasting! Have you ever met a card maker who ventured on to Splitcoast and didn't end up addicted in some way? Snort!

Put your red hats on and lets make a card for Joyce!

Here is the address:

Joyce Kennedy
5126N 2900W
Cedar City, Utah 84721

Thank you from me and thank you from Jennifer!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #167  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT127 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT127 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Cody, Wyoming! Big surprise! We really are having a baby shower for a new baby boy, Teapot Tuesday style! Now I doubt that our recipient will be the mother of the Nation's first baby boy born in 2011, and I doubt she will even be the mother of the first baby boy born in Cody, Wyoming in 2011. But I can guarantee you, she will be the mother of the first baby boy born in 2011 in Cody, Wyoming to a fellow SCSer! Ah ha! Told ya there was a method to my madness!

The recipient is fellow SCSer Jamie (JamiePTS) who is probably having a her baby boy (Jon) as we speak! How do I know this? Because Pat Smethers, Jamie's mother-in-law is doing backflips! Some say I am obbsessed with the man (WWW man) but we know Pat is worse off than me! If she were in charge of the baby shower we would be doing a full fledged Cody, Wyoming Wester shindig complete with cowboy boots, spurs and a blue baby boy cake with The Man on it! Bwahaha! I on the other hand, am simply helping a fellow cowboy out when in a Winnie the Pooh jam! You probably won't be surprised to hear that Jamie's baby room is being done in Winnie the Pooh decor! Wow, who'd a thunk such a coincidence would exist!

We are bringing in the new year on a happy note, with the celebration of a new life, and the anticipation of a wonderful new year for us all in 2011.

Here is Jamie's address:

Jamie Smethers
1324 10th St.
Cody, Wy. 82414

Thank you all from me and Pat!

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-03-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #168  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT128 ~ Destination Station

MMTPT127 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Bellingham, Washington. We are sending our cards to Katie, a talented and fun loving card maker who's story was brought to my attention by fellow SCSer and Teapotter, Lisa Lara. Katie was diagnosed with stage four terminal cancer in December. She is young with a young family. Please read the story in her own words on her blog here and take time if you can to leave her an encouraging comment. She has a fighting spirit and I know she would appreciate some SCS love, support and cards of encouragement.

Thank you for thinking of Katie during this difficult time for her and her family.

Here is Katie's address:

Katie Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913

Thank you all from Lisa Lara and I!

UPDATE: Sadly, Katie has passed away. Please do no send any more cards to her address. Thank you.

Last edited by Mothermark; 11-29-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #169  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

MMTPT129 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Miami, Florida. We are sending our cards to Alex, a close friend and co-worker of Barbie (Barbie 50). Alex is a Police Officer who was injured on the job. He was jumping a fence while chasing a subject in a robbery when he blew out his knee the week before Christmas. He had to have surgery and is not liking being down with a knee injury. Can't keep a good man down!

Here is a little information about Alex in Barbie's own words:

Alex means the world to me. He is like my son and seeing him down like this really tugs at my heart. Three years ago when he started the police academy I asked the ladies to send him cards or encouragement and he saved each and everyone of those in his police scrapbook. I'm certain every card he receives now will also be saved, not tossed and will really cheer him up.

Alex loves to fish, work out, and ride his bike. He loves photography and just loves dogs. He will be thrilled with just getting a card in the mail. This will really cheer him up. Alex will like anything sent his way, even cutesy dogs, he is a dog lover!

Here is Alex's address:

Alexander Rosario
16011 SW 104 Terr
Miami, Florida 33196

Thank you all from Barbie and I!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #170  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT130 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT130 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Nanaimo, B.C. Canada! We are sending our cards to the son and daughter-in-law of fellow SCSer/Teapotter Patricia (Kokirose) who just recently had twins! Little Sydney and Austin were born the very same day as Pat Smether's new grandbaby! I think it was baby time in Teapotterville! We are welcoming Patricia's new grandbabies with another Teapotter Baby shower!

Attached is the sweetest little picture of the babies.....we are doing pink for Sydney, Blue for Austin and a monkey if possible as that is the theme of the babies room! Aren't these two little monkeys adorable! Giggle!

Here is the address:

Kyle and Carlie Graham
687 Montague Road
Nanaimo, B.C.
Canada V9R 3G4

Thank you all from Patricial and I!
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-twins-jan_-7th-2011-austin-sydney1.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-24-2011 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #171  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT131 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is my neck of the woods, Loveland, Colorado. We are sending our cards to my neice Shari, the daughter of my husband's sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer the week before Christmas. Shari had her first surgery on December 30th and her second one this past Monday. This week she has a MRI scheduled to investigate some spots on her liver. She could use some cheering up as this is a very trying and scary time for her and our family.

On a little side note, Shari and her husband just got a sweet little white Scotty Dog Puppy named Nessie! She is so precious and its awesome because the puppy keeps them so busy and is a wonderful distraction! Feel free to say hi to Nessie if you chose to send a card to Shari! Shari would get a kick out of that!

Thanks so very much for bringing a smile to Shari's face....and happy trails to the mailbox! Your thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated also!

Here is the address:

Shari Hattam
609 Roosevelt Ave.
Loveland, Colorado 80537

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-02-2011 at 02:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #172  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT132

MMTPT132 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Kearney, Nebraska. We are sending our cards to the young son of a Kathe, a friend and fellow co-worker of Judy (StampingQueenJar) who unfortunately and sadly is battling cancer at his young age. Sean is 23 years old. He has stage 3C testicular cancer. He has had initial surgery and four rounds of chemo. His marker count (beta hcg) is now 4 (should be zero), and it started out at 98,000. Some of you may know what that means if you have been close to someone with cancer, I really don't know what those numbers mean, but I am thinking its not good.

He has some spots in his abdomen and 16 spots in his lungs. There is no surgery option for the lungs, but he had a PET scan recently that showed just one spot on his lung was cancerous. He has been referred to the University of Nebraska Medical Center (three hours from his home) for further treatment and help. Sean had a really rough weekend this past weekend. Extreme pain around his mouth and an infection at the port site. Spent lots of hours in the ER. His mom, Judy's friend, Kathe, is just exhausted and pretty emotionally fragile.

He likes video games, model airplanes that fly, kites and Coke. His mom, Kathe, teaches elementary music in the same district as Judy does. Cathe's husband just had back surgery and is out-of-commission for 4-6 more weeks, and unable to offer the support for things around the house and taking Sean where he needs to go.

Here is the address:

Sean Cox
1003 E 48th St
Kearney NE 68847

Thank you all from Judy and I!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #173  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Extreme pain around his mouth and an infection at the port site. Spent lots of hours in the ER. His mom, Judy's friend, Kathe, is just exhausted and pretty emotionally fragile.
this helped my neighbor when she went through chemo. I can't find the site that had it ready made.

Leslie's First Aid Kit: Capsaicin Candy Recipe

Capsaicin the substance that makes chile peppers hot, has been found to reduce pain in arthritis patients when topically applied repeatedly over several is weeks. Researchers have found that it reduces substance P which is found at nerve endings and is involved in transmitting pain signals to the brain.

Using this principle, researchers at Yale University School of Medicine have devised a candy, composed of hot chili peppers and taffy, to ease mouth pain in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Often chemo causes painful mouth sores that are difficult to treat. The sugar in the candy inhibits the burn of the capsacin in the mouth while the capsaicin provides pain relief.

The following recipe was adapted from the Joy of Cooking Cookbook.
Hot Pepper Candy Recipe:

1 cup sugar
� cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup water
1 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs butter or marg
1 tbs salt
2 tsp vanilla
� tsp cayenne pepper
8x8x2 buttered pan

In 2 qt saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, water, cornstarch, butter and salt.

Over medium heat, stirring constantly till hard ball stage (256F). Remove the pan from heat. stir in vanilla and pepper

Pour candy into buttered pan to cool. Don't scrape the sides of the saucepan or your candy might crystallize.

When the candy is cool enough to handle, butter your hands (important unless you like having toffee stuck to you) and pull until satiny and stiff. Pull into long strips, cut into 1"pieces, and wrap with wax paper.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2011, 03:33 AM   #174  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Wowza Fran! That is cool! I will send a link to Judy so she can cut and paste this recipe in an email to her Sean's mom.......Thanks so much for sharing girlfriend!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #175  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT133 ~ DESTINATION STATION

WELCOME TO DESTINATION STATION
MMTPT133

Hi guys!

This week's destination is North Bellmore, New York. We are sending our cards to Marie, the sister of fellow SCSer/Teapotter PhilsMom (Fran) who is quadriplegic as a result of progressive MS. She was recently hospitalized after suffering seizures and could use a little something to brighten her days! Despite being able to only move her head for many years, Marie never complains. She has amazing strength and patience as evidenced by the fact that she has maintained her wonderful her sense of humor since her MS diagnosis when she was just 30 years of age. You guessed it! She loves owls!

Here is a little more information about Marie, in Fran's own words:

My sister Marie went numb on her left side when she was in her 30's. Her foot & leg were dragging. They assumed she had a stroke. (She is 15 years Older than me). Diagnosis was inconclusive and it was finally determined that she had Multiple Sclerosis. She deteriorated rapidly, as she has the Progressive type (one of my other sisters and cousin have the relapsing remitting type of MS). She has been confined to a wheelchair and has been quadriplegic for many, many years. The only part of her that she can move is her head. Her spirit is indefatigable. She has a very good sense of humor.

She had a German Shepherd many years ago & when Tracy died she was not well enough to get another dog. (Our family are big time dog lovers). She misses Tracy even though I have been able to stop by with my two Jack Russells when we get down to the Island, which isn't often.

I called my oldest sister, Catherine (who lives in New Mexico) and told her that Marie will be our destination station in February and I could hear the joy in her voice. Catherine said she knows Marie will love the cards because she will be able to see them. I will ask my niece to tape them up for her on the wall.

Here is the address to mail your cards to:

Marie Marmo
2612 Elderberry Road
North Bellmore, NY 11710

Thank you from Fran and I!

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-14-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 AM   #176  
Forum Fanatic

Cool!

I hope I never get cancer though - I am allergic to the chili pepper, and thus to Capsaicin as well! (Tylenol too!!) :(

Happy thoughts & prayers to this person & his family!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by philsmomView Post
Extreme pain around his mouth and an infection at the port site. Spent lots of hours in the ER. His mom, Judy's friend, Kathe, is just exhausted and pretty emotionally fragile.
this helped my neighbor when she went through chemo. I can't find the site that had it ready made.

Capsaicin the substance that makes chile peppers hot, has been found to reduce pain in arthritis patients when topically applied repeatedly over several is weeks. Researchers have found that it reduces substance P which is found at nerve endings and is involved in transmitting pain signals to the brain.

Using this principle, researchers at Yale University School of Medicine have devised a candy, composed of hot chili peppers and taffy, to ease mouth pain in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Often chemo causes painful mouth sores that are difficult to treat. The sugar in the candy inhibits the burn of the capsacin in the mouth while the capsaicin provides pain relief.

The following recipe was adapted from the Joy of Cooking Cookbook.
Hot Pepper Candy Recipe:

1 cup sugar
� cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup water
1 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs butter or marg
1 tbs salt
2 tsp vanilla
� tsp cayenne pepper
8x8x2 buttered pan

In 2 qt saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, water, cornstarch, butter and salt.

Over medium heat, stirring constantly till hard ball stage (256F). Remove the pan from heat. stir in vanilla and pepper

Pour candy into buttered pan to cool. Don't scrape the sides of the saucepan or your candy might crystallize.

When the candy is cool enough to handle, butter your hands (important unless you like having toffee stuck to you) and pull until satiny and stiff. Pull into long strips, cut into 1"pieces, and wrap with wax paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #177  
Kookie Creator

Default corn syrup

Quote:

Thank you so much for sharing this "real" recipe. Now, does anyone have any idea what can be used as a substitute for corn syrup????? We can't (to my knowledge and believe me I've looked) get it here in Switzerland.

Take care, everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #178  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCcreatesView Post
Thank you so much for sharing this "real" recipe. Now, does anyone have any idea what can be used as a substitute for corn syrup????? We can't (to my knowledge and believe me I've looked) get it here in Switzerland.

Take care, everyone.
Can you get this? Lyle's Golden Syrup 454g: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Because that would work.

Card is in the mail Cindy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #179  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Thanks Lydia! I am glad you had a possible answer for Paticia..hope that works......
It was fun seeing you in our gallery this week and even more fun that you will be sending your card to Marie....whoo hoo! Thanks girlfriend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #180  

I sent my sister, Catherine a link to the MMTPT133 gallery. Here is her response:

Marie will be inundated with owls. Glad she likes them. They should certainly cheer her. They really personalized them for her.
Include my thanks with yours to all these good, creative people.
Cath

On Feb 16, 2011, at 8:01 AM, Fran wrote:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=MMtpt133
Hi Cath,
If you haven't had a chance to check out this link, be prepared to have your heart be very joyful.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #181  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
Can you get this? Lyle's Golden Syrup 454g: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Because that would work.

Card is in the mail Cindy!
Hi Lydia,
Thanks for your message and taking the time to find it online and for trying to help out. It is really appreciated!

Unfortunately Golden Syrup is one of the many items that Amazon will not ship to Switzerland - like so many others - it's actually the reason I got on eBay. Many online sites have a wonderful list of offers until you get to the check-out. After you have filled in pages of fields requiring personal information, you find out with the last click that the seller does not ship to your destination address.

Sabrina had a suggestion for me that may work, though. So, thanks to everyone who has been helping out with this. I'll let y'all know when (notice not -if-) I'm successful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #182  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart TEAPOT TUESDAY ~ DESTINATION STATION #134

MMTPT134 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #134:

This week's destination is Westland, Michigan! The new location of the Academy Awards! Ha! We are sending our cards to Lauren, the young daughter of Joy, a fellow SCSer (cotdsffs). Sue, (Irishgreensue) brought Lauren's situation to my attention. Lauren is having such a trying time with some medical issues and is discovering that her health problems are greatly hindering her goals, dreams and persistance to succeed in the industry that is so passionate to her. Lauren is a very talented actress. She has a degree in acting, she has won numerous acting and directing awards in college and most recently was accepted for an apprenticeship at The Purple Rose Theatre (Jeff Daniel's Theatre in Chelsey, Michgan)! Of course, it would be her dream to accept her very own Oscar for either acting or directing in her future! So our A-card-a-me Award cards will cheer her up while she is getting through these difficult days.

Here is Lauren's story.

Lauren has had several health issues over the last few years and things have seemed to escalate the last two years. Last September just after she was accepted to the Jeff Daniel's, she was diagnosed with lupus and pleurisy. She already had been diagnosed with scoliosis and had been experiencing pain in her joints. All this was affecting her work at the theater. She recently was experiencing so much pain that Joy thought her appendix had burst. The University of Michigan ER treated her and subsequently several tests were done which resulted in a diagnosis of interstital cystitis. As a result, she has had to resign from her apprenticeship at the Theatre after missing so much due to doctor's appointments and being sick. She is at home with Joy now and on Friday had a procedure done and is recovering. Losing this apprenticeship has really made everything that much worse!

She will enjoy getting our cards for the nominees for the Best and Worst Dressed Oscar each day in her mailbox. Please include a note of encouragement to Lauren. She is the type of driven individual that will end up on stage at the Oscar's sooner or later. We are here to encourage her and get her through these rough days. Attached here are pictures of Lauren in a couple of productions.

Lauren Moss
7715 Cherrywood Drive
Westland, MI 48185

Thank you from Sue and I and thank you from Joy![/B][/COLOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-100_6262.jpg   Teapot Tuesday Destination Station - OLD INFO-2008-893-081-medea-theater-rehearsal.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 02-21-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #183  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

I sent my sister, Catherine a link to the MMTPT133 gallery. Here is her response:

Marie will be inundated with owls. Glad she likes them. They should certainly cheer her. They really personalized them for her.
Include my thanks with yours to all these good, creative people.
Cath

On Feb 16, 2011, at 8:01 AM, Fran wrote:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=MMtpt133
Hi Cath,
If you haven't had a chance to check out this link, be prepared to have your heart be very joyful.
Oh thank you Fran! Thanks for the updates! Marie definately will be getting some owls! Have you seen the gallery? Yes, I know you have! The teapotters came through big time for Marie! I am very tickled! I will include this post in my next teapotter email so that everyone has a chance to see it!
Hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #184  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

subbing...even though I have not played along with the Teapot challenge, I would like to send a card to those on the destination station route!
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!

Last edited by va.sunshine; 02-26-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #185  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshineView Post
subbing...even though I have not played along with the Teapot challenge, I would like to send a card to those on the destination station route!
Now why does that not surprise me! Teresa...you are so kind! Thank you girlfriend! Maybe when your busy Dirty Dozen schedule is a thing of the past you can have tea with us! Tea hee!

Hugs to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #186  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT135

Destination Station
Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #135

This week's destination is Farmington, New Mexico. My sister who lives in Farmington, New Mexico brought to my attention the plight of a young 19 year old boy by the name of Bobby Riddle. The day after Thanksgiving Bobby was was involved in a terrible accident. While burning leaves he had a gas container explode in his hand. He was burned over 65% of his body. Bobby continues to be treated at a burn Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. As you can imagine, he is undergone several grafts and surgeries. He has recently made some progress by taking some steps and was able to no longer rely on feeding tubes and a respirator. He may be released in early March so that he can come home to Farmington.

Bobby is a very special boy with a strong faith in the Lord. He has had a big impact on the community because he has coached young kids all his life. Today's teapot represents Bobby's love for sports. My sister has known Bobby's 90 year old great grandmother for 35 years and was excited to recommend Bobby as a destination to encourage not only Bobby, but his great grandmother as well.

Cheri has requested that our sentiments/messages to Bobby be upbeat and encouraging. Bobby would just as soon not be reminded of the accident as a matter of fact, he may not even remember it. He plans on getting past this and continuing to work with kids both through sports and his church. He feels he has a lesson to share after experiencing this ordeal. Our cards will truly put a smile on his sweet face.

The address is:

Bobby Riddle
C/O Cheri Whitney
831 Echo Lane
Farmington, New Mexico 87401

Than you from me and thank you from sister, Cheri!

Sadly, Bobby has passed away. Please do not send additional cards to Bobby Riddle! Thank You!

Last edited by Mothermark; 12-15-2011 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #187  
101 Airborne

I hope Bobby likes all of his cards and I hope he recovers and can pursue his dreams! Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #188  

Default for Bobby

I hope this card is okay. I got so focused on the "fishing" since I don't have any sports stamps.
The inside sentiments are
May love surround you
May faith sustain you
May hope encourage you day by day

The task ahead of us
is never as great as
the power behind us.

Here's my card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is my card for Bobby..I will get it out in the mail for sure Mon. and other ones I'm behind mailing.
The Golfer by foxy67 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #190  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT136 ~ DESTINATION STATION

MMTPT136 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #136:

This week's destination is Michigan! We will be sending our Night at the Roxbury cards to someone named quite appropriately for this challenge! Rox71! Ah ha! That's why we need 71 dance moves! Oh, wait a minute, what's that Roxie? You know a new dance move? What's it called? The Fetch a Sketch Stretch! Make that 22 dance moves down, 49 to go girls!

Just think about it, tommorrow Roxie will post sketch 323! Can you imagine? I can't! Can you imagine coming up with 323 ways to put paper on a card? I can't! Can you imagine trying to remember if the sketch you want to feature has already been featured? I can't! Can you imagine being responsible to keep it going, getting guest challenge hostesses lined up when you gotta live your own life? I can't! Can you imagine, week after week for 323 weeks? I can't! Can you imagine accomplishing all this and not getting a bunch of thank you cards from the Teapotters? I can't!

Now Roxie will say she has had some help along the way, but Roxie is the Rock when it comes to the Sketch Challenge! Let's thank her, Teapot Tuesday style! So that's the scoup, Teapot Group! We are sending thank you/Night at The Roxbury cards to Roxie!

Please pm me for Roxie's address as she would prefer not to have her address published in a public forum. Send me a pm with *Roxie's Address* in the subject line and I will shoot you a quick pm back with her address!

Thank you for showing some appreciation to Roxie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #191  
101 Airborne

Wow, 323 sketches. I have a hard time coming up with a design for one card! Congratulations, Roxie. Here is my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #192  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT137 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT137 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #137:

This week's destination is Canton, Ohio! We will be sending our cards to Haeli, a little 6th grader who was brought to my attention by Michelle (Michellesscraps), a fellow SCSer. Haeli is undergoing chemotherapy for ovarian cancer at her young age! Michelle's sister works in the same school that Haeli attends and tells us that Haeli loves art and her teachers claim she is quite the artist! Haeli also is also an avid horseback rider, her favorite color is blue, she loves music, plays the viola, the french horn, trumpet and piano. She is also in choir and likes to sing. That is a whole bunch of accomplishments for a 6th grader! You go girl!

For more information and ideas to help Haeli, visit Michelle's original post:

A Special Story To Tell, Can You Help Me?

Let's bring some happy cards to Haeli. Here is the address to send your card!

Haeli
c/o Melissa French
1425 23rd St. NE
Canton, Ohio 44714

Thank you from me, thank you from Michelle, thank you from Michelle's sister and thank you from Haeli's mom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #193  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default TEAPOT TUESDAY DESTINATION STATION ~ MMTPT138

MMTPT138 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week's destination is Brampton, Ontario. We will be sending our cards to Kim, the cousin of fellow SCSer/Teapotter Laurie (Virgo05). Kim was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with stage 4 prostate cancer which has spread to his bones. Kim is young, only 41. A recent bone scan showed the cancer is in his arms, legs, spine and pelvis. Kim was relieved to find it had not spread to his other organs. He considers this a good sign. Kim has started radiation treatment as well as hormone therapy and he continues to remain positive yet realistic!

Laurie is requesting that the cards we send to her cousin be postive, uplifting, and funny. Anything along those lines, to boost his spirits for the rough days that lay ahead.

You wonder why Ford? Kim is the Chairman of Local 584 at the Ford Motor Company. His favorite hockey team is the Boston Bruins. He loves football but doesn't have a favorite team. He recently has taken up landscaping/gardening. His favorite food is steak and a side of crab legs and he loves red wine and having his friends over for dinner!

Special Note: Laurie suggested that if you belong to a Union, when you sign your card, you could include your Local's name and number! She thinks Kim would get a big kick outa that!

Here is Kim's address:

Kim Clout
6 Cox Crescent
Brampton, Ontario
L6X 3H1

Let's send some light hearted happy cards to Kim and our thoughts and prayers as he has a difficult fight on his hands.

Thank you from me, thank you from Laurie and thank you from Kim's wife.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #194  
PTL
Rubber Obsessor

Default Lost :{

Hi Girls,
It's been a while since I've been snooping around here and I just don't know if I'm looking in the right place. I placed my card for Abby in the right place but I thought there was a place in the forum to let you know and post a link? Not that I'm good at that either. Anyway, I'm going to have to get off here if I'm going to get any more cards made! :} TTYL

"Pleasant words are as honeycomb, sweet to the soul." Proverbs 16:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2011, 04:49 AM   #195  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTLView Post
Hi Girls,
It's been a while since I've been snooping around here and I just don't know if I'm looking in the right place. I placed my card for Abby in the right place but I thought there was a place in the forum to let you know and post a link? Not that I'm good at that either. Anyway, I'm going to have to get off here if I'm going to get any more cards made! :} TTYL

Hi there! I am here to try to find you but after I find you, who's gonna find US? Ha! Okay, I went to your gallery and found your April Abby card! You are the first one to load one up for Abby's burfday! Whoot! You have March keywords on your card so you need to change it to CFABBYAPR and then it will be in the appropriate gallery.

As far as a place in the forum to post a link, I think you might be remembering the email I sent out about the I'm Late, I'm Late, For an Very Important Date thread. I started that thread sometime back for people who are late coming to the teaparties to post a link to their late teaparty cards so that we could catch them and comment after we had all moved on to the next teaparty. That would be a good place to put a link for this too. For those who have subscribed to that thread, they would get an email notification that you have put a link in there. Wowza...you got yours done quick! Whoo hoo! Thanks so much! She will love your sweet card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #196  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mothermark..Have you checked this out...
CFABBYAPR - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #197  
PTL
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thank You

Thanks for the directions. The card I posted is for the March card and I plan to send and post another one for her birthday! :o I love all of the challenges and am looking forward to keeping up on more. I do keep each request in my prayers even if I don't get a card done. Have a great day!
Love & Prayers, Devera

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #198  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTLView Post
Thanks for the directions. The card I posted is for the March card and I plan to send and post another one for her birthday! :o I love all of the challenges and am looking forward to keeping up on more. I do keep each request in my prayers even if I don't get a card done. Have a great day!
Love & Prayers, Devera

Oh Duh! No wonder you had March keywords in there! So sorry! I get it! I will look forward to seeing your birthday card for Abby when you post it! I hope you can come to the teaparties more often too....but in the mean time, how nice for you to keep up with prayers! Thanks Devera! Hugs....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #199  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxy67View Post
Yes, I have Pat....just got through commenting. Thanks though! Your card for Abby is awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #200  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Default MMTPT139 ~ DESTINATION STATION

Teapot Tuesday Destination Station #139

This week's destination is Mt. Vernon, Indiana. We will be sending our cards to fellow SCSer, Ashley Finical. Faith (Yabadodo) brought Ashley and her family's situation to my attention. Ashley and her family's home was recently caught in a flood along with many member's of Ashley's community. Her basement housed many things, but quite importantly to a stamper, the fact that she stamped in her basement tells us the extent of her personal loss.

A little about Ashley..... She loves card making, her favorite thing to do. She loves spending time with her hubby and daughter. She loves writing poetry in her spare time. Her house was flooded to the top of the basement! Their losses included many of her daughter's toys, her cardstock, ribbon, embossing powder, and other stamping/scrapbooking supplies, as well as some electrical stuff of her hubby's. She has been helping others in her community by sendng them cards from her stash that was luckily not caught up in the flood. Until she builds her stamping/scrabbooking supplies back up, she plans to write her poetry. She's just happy that no one in her family or in her community was hurt or lost their lives!

Let's bring a little happy mail to Ashley! I thought it would be nice if we also sent a little ribbon to Ashley with our cards. We all know how easy it is to wrap a little ribbon around the inside of a card! Heaven knows we all have oodles and oodles of ribbon, its what a stamper has a tendancy to collect and now nice it would be to share a little with a ribbonless stamper! It's certainly not a requirement but if you have some extra, send a little to Ashley. That's one less thing she will have to replace!

Here is Ashley's address:

Ashley Finical
P.O. Box 104
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620

Thank you from me and thank you from Faith!
Reply With Quote Likes