Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #1  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAY10VSN MAIN CHALLENGE THREAD May28-29, 2010

Welcome to VSN!

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 05-29-2010 at 02:26 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #2  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Hi Puddle Jumpers!
This is the MAIN VSN “All May’s Showers” CHALLENGE Thread!
EVERY Challenge will be listed here for you in one place LOCKED. However, you can find the individual Challenges listed in this area. You can chat, ask questions and post a link to your creation for that challenge in those threads.

There are challenges for:
Friday, May 28, 2010
5PM
6PM
7PM
8PM
9PM
10PM
11PM

Saturday, May 29, 2010
NOON,
1PM
2PM
3PM
4PM
5PM
6PM
7PM
8PM
9PM
10PM

VSN INFO:
A: Cards/projects need to be completed in 45 minutes or less. This is possible! You can do it!
Here are time savers…
Have a CLEAN WORK area.
Have your adhesive in arm’s reach.
Have a SHARP blade on your paper cutter.
Have an “idea” of what stamps you will want to use HINT: FLOWERS and Showers…think wedding, baby, bathtub etc!
Pre-cut and fold your card bases
Pre-cut mats
Pre color some images that are more difficult
Think about using silhouette stamps…they don’t require coloring!
Pre-cut your die cuts!
Peruse the suggested shopping list.
Get some layouts sketch out! This is usually the BIGGEST time saver!

B: Cards/Projects that are made for a specific challenge, and not combined with ANY other challenge will be considered for the Puddle Jumpers’ Elite Gallery . These are individual challenges that need individual cards/projects. (This is for consideration in the Puddle Jumpers’ Elite Gallery. If you do not mind not being considered for this gallery, then combining challenges for the sake of playing is permitted.)

C: Don’t forget to post a link to your card in the CHALLENGE Thread. This will help us find your card if there are issues on SCS. (This is not likely, but let’s cover our heads during the storm, shall we?)

D: Use the PROPER Keywords when uploading your card.

E: You have until Monday, May 31 at 10PM EST to upload your creations to SplitCoast.

F: The Puddle Jumpers’ SWEET Elite Gallery will be announced here in the VSN threads by June 5!

G: HAVE FUN!

Last edited by markie's mom; 05-29-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Splish Splash
Hostess: FibreJunky
Keyword:MAY10VSNAA
Day/Date: Friday, May 28th
Time: 5:00pm EDT

Hey there, party peeps! Are you ready for VSN? We all know the old saw about April showers bringing May flowers. In Florida, May showers just bring humidity.

I've been watching HGTV again, so my brain went a little off the beaten track and into the realm of the literal. Yup, bathroom showers! There are some absolutely gorgeous remodels, so I thought I'd take some inspiration from the two attached photos.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a card or project using blue, white and grey. Pink is optional.

Go to the chat thread for this challenge HERE

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday May 31st.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNAA , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 05-29-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

May28 6pm EST
Keyword: MAY10VSNA~Serigraph Technique
Hostess: redbugdriver, Karen
Challenge: Serigraph Technique

As we all know, April's showers bring May's flowers. So grab your brayer, 2-4 co-ordinating stamp pads, and join me as we make a May flowers magically appear on a background using the serigraph technique. My requirement is that you use flowers on your background. You may otherwise finish your card as you please. This is really a fun technique. Hope to see you there!

Supplied needed:
~ White c/s
~ Brayer
~ 2-4 co-ordinating ink pads, light to dark
~ White Craft ink or Versamark
~ Embossing buddy - IMPORTANT
~ White embossing powder
~ Heat gun
~ Flower stamps, solid or outline

Step 1 - Ink brayer in lightest color, apply to c/s, leaving white areas
Step 2 - Repet w/ next lightest color, leaving white areas
Step 3 - Repeat using 3rd color (optional)
Step 4 - Use embossing buddy over entire piece of c/s
Step 4 - Stamp your flowers in White or Versamark in random fashion
Step 5 - Apply white embossing powder & emboss images
Step 6 - Brayer w/ dark color, buff color off white images
Step 7 - Stamp some images in this same dark color
Step 8 - Finish your card as desired

If you need visual tutorial, find it on SCS here:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...als/serigraph/

My Sample can be found HERE

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday May 31, 2010.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNA, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=185952&thumb=1&d=1274990805[/IMG]

Thanks for visiting my gallery:
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=61225
VSN Hostess for All May's Showers

Last edited by markie's mom; 05-28-2010 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

MAY10VSNB ~ Friday, May 28 ~ 7:00pm EDT ~ Flower Pot Card

Title: Flower Pot Card
Hostess: Patty aka PKPenn
Keyword: MAY10VSNB
Day/Date: Friday, May 28
Time: 7:00pm EST

My challenge is one of my favorite cards, the Flower Pot card. Click HERE for a SCS tutorial.

However, I'm adding a twist. You need to somehow texturize your flowers without using DSP. You can dry emboss, heat emboss, stamp, crunch, crinkle, whatever, you just have to texture the flowers in your flower pot.

View the Gallery for this Challenge HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword,
MAY10VSNB, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your layout is seen.

Have fun!

Patty
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=185706&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1274739790[/IMG]
</FIELDSET>

MY BLOG
Winnie's Whims & My Crafts

May's Showers VSN 28 & 29 May

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-28-2010 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Title: Color Me Sunny
Hostess: Lisa R.~Helmts1981
Keyword: MAY10VSNC
Day/Date: Friday, May 28th, 2010
Time: 8:00pm EST

April showers bring May flowers, right? Well when I think of beautiful flowers I think of tulips and daisies and pretty yellows and pinks. Especially here in California with the golden poppies and the wildflowers.

My challenge is��for you to use the colors Kraft, So Safron and Cameo Coral. Here is your chance to use these colors to make that birthday card, graduation card or even fathers day card that you are needing!

[B][B]VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNC, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Watermarks
Hostess: schirmcat (Kelly)
Keyword: MAY10VSND
Day/Date: Friday, May 28, 2010
Time: 9:00 PM EST

Showers mean water and water means watermarks. While they may not be pretty on our suede or leather shoes, they sure look nice on our cardstock! The challenge is to use watermark ink, aka Versamark, on a project! Versamark ink is "clear" so that when you stamp, and the image dries, it shows up a shade darker than the cardstock color. This is called "tone on tone stamping". Versamark is also very sticky and great for heat embossing with powders. If you choose to emboss for this challenge, only clear embossing powder...no colored embossing powders allowed! CLEARLY we can have fun without them, hee!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00PM May 31, 2010. 2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSND, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your project is seen.

Gingham Girl

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Title: Try Something NEW!!
Hostess: Rebekah, joyfullyhis
Keyword: MAY10VSNE
Time: 10:00pm EST

Aaaahhh....spring!!! Who doesn't love the sound of a gentle rain falling on new buds, green grass, and soft, brown earth??!! After a long winter of snow (about 4 feet here in Western PA!!), when I see the rain, I am reminded of my dad's favorite saying: "You don't have to shovel rain!!" I heartily agree

But now that I've thoroughly bored you by my long explanation of how wonderful spring showers are (I'm suffering from a terrible case of cabin fever!!) let's get to the fun part - the challenge!!! To me, spring means new life and new beginnings - baby robins in their nests, little seedlings popping up, wobbly-legged colts, buds popping open after a long winter.....you get the picture And this new life is always accompanied by the soft May showers!! So here is my challenge: DO something NEW!!!!!! Whether it is a new technique, a new color combo, a new stamp set that you'd forgotten you got for Christmas, or anything else that's new for you - show it to us!!!!! And while you create, be reminded that May showers bring about new life and new beginnings!!! Most importantly: HAVE FUN!!!!!!

One more thing (you don't have to do it if you don't want to) Everywhere you look, the color green is all around us!!! So this is just a 'dessert' option for you: add a bit of green to your card!! It can be 'green' as in the color green, or it can be 'green' as in something earth-friendly (e.g. recyled paper) Whatever your green option is, I'm sure it will turn out fabulous when combined with something new!!

For my sample, {click here to see it} since I spent $80 on ribbon (I have no idea why I just wrote that - please don't tell anyone!!!) I figured that worked out great for the 'new' part of my card!!! And since I don't have any 'environmentally sound (aka green)' supplies, I just used the color. Really looking forward to seeing your submissions!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-28-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

MAY10VSNEE~ Friday, May 28th ~ 11:00pm EST ~ Critters
Title: Critters
Hostess: Pam, Bailmac
Keyword: MAY10VSNEE
Time: 11:00pm EST

April showers bring May flowers and lots of new babies of the furry kind. Baby birds, baby rabbits, baby deer............

My challenge is��for everyone to use a baby animal of some kind on their card or project and make it for a baby shower. The color GREEN must be included in the design and the baby animal needs to be on the envelope as well (if it is a card).

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE {your link to gallery}

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday May 31th.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNEE, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=185947&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1274987683[/IMG]
</FIELDSET>

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-28-2010 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Title: April Showers Bring May Flowers
Hostess: Vannessa - saffivort
Keyword: MAY10VSNF
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29th
Time: 12:00 PM EST

Welcome back to another great round of VSN challenges. I hope you enjoyed participating in all the challenges yesterday - I know I certainly did!

The old proverb April showers bring May flowers is usually very true over here in the UK. We are usually inundated with tulips and daffodils especially in gardens and on road sides and they make everything just look so pretty and bright.

My challenge is a simple one: incorporate flowers into a project. It doesn't just have to be tulips and daffodils, any kind of flowers. They can be stamped, punched, rubbed-on, printed on DSP, made of felt, card, crocheted or any other type of flowers you can think of. Come on bring out those beautiful flowers!

Here's my sample: Basket of Flowers.

YOU CAN FIND THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNF , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

Last edited by markie's mom; 05-29-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Title: Paper Roses...Paper Roses
Hostess: Robyn O (Robyn)
Keyword: MAY10VSNG
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
Time: 1:00 PM (EST)

All May's Flowers...what a great theme for this VSN. There are stamped flowers, die cut flowers, punched flowers, felt flowers, twilled flowers, tissue, crepe paper, coffee filters, egg cartons, cupcake liners.... There is even a song...Paper Roses. What type of challenge could I come up with that was a step up from what I've done in the past. Well, something I had seen a couple of weeks ago popped into my head and the floodlight went on. Now if I could only find it in the March 2010 issue of CardMaker. I decided to change it up a bit. So I went out to the web and starting looking at cards and blogs and found a flower I think anyone could do. Julie Williams has a great tutorial to help you through it- Paper Rose. And of course, Beate Johns with her Dimensional Flowers.
I made mine by distressing rather than spritzing. My first one took me a while so I won't dock you if it takes you more than 45 - 60 minutes. Just have fun and enjoy the beautiful results.
The following are other flowers you could do if you don't like the main one.
Ribbon Blossom as done by Pam Bassett.
Linda Duke does a Paper Tole Flower.
My challenge to you is to make a card with at least one hand made flower. You can use Julie's tutorial for inspiration to come up with your own or follow her steps. Whether you use a technique you used before, or a new one....HAVE FUN!

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EDT ON MONDAY, May 31, 2010
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNG, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

My sample

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

Date & Time: May 29th @ 2:00 PM EST
Keyword:MAY10VSNH
Hostess: Taylor (stagccva)

There is nothing better about spring than being outside, enjoying the lovely weather, the smell of flowers, listening to the birds sing, and just basking in the sunshine. But sometimes that just can't happen - like when we get those wonderful spring showers! One of my favorite things to do when we get those showers, or just have a plain old rainy day, is curl up in a comfy chair with a good book. It's so nice to enjoy the quiet, and listen to the rain coming down outside. Of course, I'm always looking for more bookmarks, so I don't end up using receipts, scraps of paper, or folding down the corners of pages (*gasp* -- I hate it when people do that!!!!)

So that is my challenge to you: make a spring themed bookmark for your next rainy day reading date It can be any kind of bookmark you want, in any shape. If you are feeling super adventurous, make a card with a detachable bookmark that you can send to a special someone! There is a great tutorial using the Creatopia here on SCS. It adapts for those of us who don't have one, too - just cut your card at 5 1/2" x 11", and score at 4 1/4". You would perforate it at 8 1/2".

Here are a couple other tutorials for bookmarks that SCS has in its Resource section:

Origami Bookmark
Paperclip Bookmark

Visit the Relaxing in the Rain Gallery

You can VISIT THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View my samples here and here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNH , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Title: Dreaming of May
Hostess: Petunia
Keyword: MAY10VSNI (BE CAREFUL! This is a tricky keyword!)
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29
Time: 3:00pm EST

I love the transition between seasons. Growing up in New England I was always so amazed to see that first bit of green poking up through the snow. There was something so magical about it.

My challenge for you is to create a card that reflects the transition from winter into spring.

Your card must have one (or more ;))of the following:

**change in colors from left to right**
**change in images from left to right**
**change in texture from left to right**

AND one of the following:

**an embellishment (eyelet, button, ribbon, flower, etc.)**
**a sentiment**
**patterned paper**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View the Gallery for this Challenge HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword,
MAY10VSNI, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Here's a little somethin' for inspiration and my sample:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Date: May 29
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Keyword:MAY10VSNJ
Hostess: Irishjen
Challenge: Showers!!

Well everyone has used the shower quote~ oddly my thought of "May Showers" didn't bring that to my mind....Surprise!My first thought went to the shower curtain. I love my shower curtain, it's definately me! Shower curtains come in a variety of colors, designs, styles, clear, frosted and on and on......So to add a twist to our VSN you will be making a curtain on your card!!

Get that scrap material or clear protector and lets make a curtain! It was easy peasy and however you make yours I'm sure it will be right as rain.. ..At the top of your scrap apply some sticky strip adhesive of some form and fold it over to make a pocket, be sure that it's wide enough to thread your ribbon or twine through!! Stamp your image to "cover" then apply your curtain over it. I did trim both curtains to the length I wanted AFTER I attached it. I tied mine back in one, but not the other. Your call~ but if you don't tie it back, take and upload 2 pics so that we can see all of your work!!

If you have any questions I will be here to help answer them for you!!!
Take the plunge!! Go make that curtain card!! How cool will it be to say you made your own shower curtain? No one will have to know it was only 5 inches high

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNJ , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #15  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

MAY10VSNK ~ Saturday, May 29 ~ 5PM EST~ Muddy Water

Title: Muddy Water
Hostess: Faith aka markie's mom

Keyword: MAY10VSNK
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29th, 2010
Time: 5:00pm EST

Hi there!
May Showers. When I was a child, May Showers meant a stroll down the alley in my red rubber boots while soft rain fell on my red hair making it stick to my face. I remember the MUD puddles and the yucky BROWN stuff all over my pretty red rubber boots!

I would run into the kitchen and beg my mother to wipe down my boots so that they would be clean again. Oh, did I mention that I was in 1st GRADE??? I bet I didn't mention that I wore those things to bed! Oh, and bathed in them! Yep, I couldn't let those babies get dirty!

Today, "May Showers" make me me think of WATER. And, Stamper that I am, I think of WATERCOLORS! So, I challenge you to make a card using WATERCOLORS! If you don't have traditional watercolors, you can use: an aqua painter and markers, an aqua painter and your ink pad, or a brush and watercolor pencils or crayons! You can use what ever you can think of....AND...Have your card have a good amount of BROWN, like the MUD that used to get on my boots!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday May 31, 2010
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNK, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-29-2010 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Title: Singin' in the Rain
Hostess: Adelle (Adelle)
Keyword: MAY10VSNL
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010
Time: 6:00 PM (EST)

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...
[ADDITIONAL VERSE]
Why am I smiling
And why do I sing?
Why does September
Seem sunny as spring?
Why do I get up
Each morning and start?
Happy and head up
With joy in my heart
Why is each new task
A trifle to do?
Because I am living
A life full of you.

Gene Kelly sang this song, Singin' in the Rain, in the 1952 musical by the same name. You can see it HERE.

My challenge to you is to make a card inspired by either the lyrics or the video.

Visit the Singin in the Rain gallery here.

View my sample HERE or in the attachment below.

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON MONDAY, MAY 31, 2010
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNL, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg may 10 vsn 001.jpg (58.8 KB, 15 views)

Join us for VSN - Frozen
Mini Nov 7, Main Dec 12 & 13.

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-29-2010 at 02:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #17  

Title: Just Add Water!
Hostess: pegmac71 (Peggy)
Keyword: MAY10VSNM
Time: 7:00 PM EST

May Showers...two elements......you know that water is a binary compound (two elements)that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade and is widely used as a solvent?

My challenge for you is to add an element of water to your card or project. A few ideas~ a nature scene that incorporates water, snowflake, ice, bath water, saltwater....let your imagination go wet and wild!

VIEW THE CHAT THREAD FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNM , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PM_VSN Pond.jpg (54.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by markie's mom; 05-29-2010 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #18  

Title: Background Showers
Hostess: Maggie's Mummy (Cav)
Keyword:MAY10VSNN (Be careful, this Keyword is tricky!)
Day/Date: Saturday, May 29th
Time: 8:00pm EDT

Well, I hope you've all been enjoying the challenges for this VSN.

When I first thought of the theme for this VSN, I couldn't help but think of water - beautiful cool water on a warm day. Of course, May showers for us in Australia means torrential rain and a cold winter!!!!! But May showers in the Northern Hemisphere are something totally different!!!!!

So I wanted to give you all a challenge that was fun, that was colourful - and of course, WET!!!!

Misting with Markers!!

Except, my challenge is a little different. Use a background stamp (or a smaller stamp to create a background piece) using the above technique, and stamp on Vellum!!!! Your background piece should be the hero of your card, so add some simple embellishments/sentiments. Just use lots of bright colours!!!!!

You can view the Chat thread for this challenge HERE

You can see my sample in the attachment below.

Visit the Background Showers Gallery!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNN , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations!!!

Cav
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Background Shower - Thumbnail.jpg (116.5 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by markie's mom; 05-29-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Title: Drip, Drop!
Hostess: ckbythesea ~ Carole K.
Keyword: MAY10VSNO (Be careful! This is a TRICKY Keyword)
Day/Date: Saturday,May 29th
Time: 9:00 PM EDT

May�s many showers sometimes end suddenly, breaking to warm glorious sunshine. Still wet, everything glistens as it drips, drops, and starts to dry . . .
My challenge is to use the Babywipe Technique to create a piece for a card or other project. You will need dye ink refills (drip, drop ;)) and baby wipes. No wipes? I tried using a dampened paper towel for the technique and made THIS CARD

Beate's tutorial is HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, MAY10VSNO , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure your creation is seen.

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-30-2010 at 04:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #20  
Bold and Bright

Title: Brushin' off the Dust
Hostess: Melinda (WonkaisMyCat)
Keyword: MAY10VSNP
Time: 10:00pm EST

Ok, friends, follow my logic here.....and don't say your brain doesn't work this way, because I KNOW it does.....

May Showers
May Flowers
May Spring
Spring cleaning......ugh!!!.........

.....and what do we find when we start cleaning? Well, if you're at my house...who knows!! But we all find something we forgot we had. You know, the shirt you found on sale at the end of the season last year....those SUPER CUTE capris you were SO SURE you could get in to by the time spring came around again. And should we (Heaven forbid!!) start spring cleaning in the crafting space, I'm sure there is something there you forgot you had as well. I won't tell if you don't.

So my challenge to you (if you haven't guessed it already) is to dust off those long forgotten....but still loved, of course....flower stamps for their spring debut. Extra bonus points for adding DP or embelishments from the back of the drawer.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday May 31, 2010. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, May10VSNP , when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Favorite Cousin VSN Sample MKM 4.10.jpg (44.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Wonderful Sister MKM 4.10.jpg (43.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by PKPenn; 05-29-2010 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes