View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:16 AM   #13
SanJoseLady
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone,

I hope you like this technique, a couple of more "hints" for you:

Here is a link to another version of the technique (I keep playing around with how to do this, from using the transparency to using the crystal lacquer)

Also, if you do not have any metallic crayons use the gold, silver and bronze that comes with the regular crayons, mix those colors with regular crayons.

And...if you don't have metallic crayons try adding some mica powder product (pearl ex and so on) to the crayon (I add a bit before I melt, then when I remove the wax paper and the crayon is still hot I add a bit more so it sticks)

You can find metallic crayons here, at a pretty reasonable cost.

Last, I also played around this weekend with my melting pot and the crayons, that gave me a pretty neat result as well. For the melting pot I did not have to shave the crayon, just put in chunks, and also added clear embossing powder to the melting pot and melted crayons. I place the paper face down into the melted combination and the results were very nice, will show you later when I get home from work.

Also, I dipped a toothpick into the melted crayon mixture and dripped dots on my craft sheet which and then created little dew drops : ) What I haven't tried yet, but will, is to pour the mixture onto a rubber stamp (which has been inked with clear embossing ink) to create an embellishment (I have seen this done before but want to try it on a rubber stamp that I don't like first). After the melted mixture dries you are supposed to be able to peel off the hardened mixture without much trouble and without harming your rubber stamp (I would not try this with a clear stamp) When I get around to doing this I will let you know how that works.

Ooops, here is another hint: save the wax paper to use as a background on your cards! I have used it many ways, whole, torn up, cut up, use your imagination.

At some point I am going to make a video of this technique...just have not had the time to sit down to film, edit and post the video.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!