I am totally addicted to three by threes! I love using a sheet of 12x12 c.s. so there's no waste & there's nothin' cuter than those little envelopes.
The butterflies are...
* ...embossed in black on Naturals cardstock (on which I had printed a photocopy of an Oscar Wilde text, but you could print out any etext you like)
* ...cut out (antennae are cut off & stamped on separately later)
* ...distressed around the edges with a Certain Celery marker
* ...glittered using Stampin' Up!s new glitter on Crystal Effects
* (I also added Crystal Effects allover the wings of the butterfly for the purse, since I wanted it sturdy, so I could use it as the closure)
The purse in the set above may look like it's one of those pre-made ones from SU, but it isn't. It's made using a sneaky trick that you might find handy: You can extend the life of your templates (or your friend's templates, hehehe!) by using the negative of them (or even saving one of the positives) to trace