this is a fantastic presentation idea. Would you be willing to share how you actually made this card? I youngest dtr is expecting her first baby (it's a girl) the end of April and we've been trying to come up with a really cute announcement card idea and would love to make something as nice as this one. Any template or "how to's" for this pull tab card would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, magpiesatx at [email protected]
Registered: March 14, 2005 Location: On our orchard in KANSAS Posts: 1347
Thu, Mar 31, 2005 @ 8:32 AM
As requested...here are the instructions!!
It took me some time to create this design to get what I wanted (plenty of room to write the baby stats AND include a wallet photo in a new and unique way)!
This card takes some time (I made 50 for me then 60 blue and yellow ones for someone else's baby boy announcements)...I found it best to do it in steps...all the cutting, then all the stamping! Good luck! Email me with any questions!
There are 7 pieces. I have included dimensions, stamps, colors, and assembly tips for each piece...
Piece 1 - 4.25" x 5.5" Pretty in Pink - edges stamped with Beyond the Basics (circles with the little dots) in Pretty in Pink, used as a mat for piece 2
Piece 2 - 3.75" x 10" Lavendar Lace - scored at 2.5" & 7.5", folded, then stamped with Cuddles & Tickles (footprints) in Lavender Lace on the outside, Cuddles & Tickles (name, born, weight, length, parents) in Basic Black on the left side of the center of the inside, Cuddles & Tickles (footprints & sentiment) in Basic Black on the right flap
* I take my full 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, cut a .5" strip off the short end (the 8.5" end) and then another .5" strip off, leaving me with a piece of paper that is 8.5" x 10" - I cut these strips in half and used them for the pull tabs (piece 3)
* Then I cut 1" off the long end (the 10" end), leaving me with a piece of paper that is 7.5" x 10" (when cut in half gives me my 3.75" x 10" piece)
Piece 3 - .5" x 4.25" Lavendar Lace - scored at 5/8" & 1", then folded (see photo)
* To get the perfect fit for the pull tab on the right edge of the card, I place adhesive on the back of the left end (the unfolded end) of the tab, slip the fold of the pull tab behind the right edge of the main part of the card, center the tab, then press down on the adhesive. This adheres the tab to the left flap of the card.
Piece 4 - 3 3/8" Pretty in Pink circle - cut with the CM Custom Cutting System, then stamped with Beyond the Basics (circles with the little dots) in Pretty in Pink, used as a mat for piece 5
* To adhere the circle to the left flap of the card and the pull tab and not see any adhesive, I place adhesive on the back of the left side, the top left, and the bottom left of the circle as well as on the top of the pull tab, center the cirlce & adhere.
Piece 5 - 2 7/8" US White circle - cut with the CM Custom Cutting System, stamped with Cuddles & Tickles (baby), then watercolored
* When I watercolor, I use the Stampin' Write Markers (here, Lavendar Lace for the clothes, Blush Blossom for the face & hands, Pretty in Pink for the cheeks) and scribble on the inside of one of the stamp pad lids, then pick up the color with my aquapainter!
Piece 6 - 1 1/8" x 1.25" Lavendar Lace, used as a mat for (Step 7)
Piece 7 - 1" x 1.18" US White - stamped with Cuddles & Tickles (It's A Girl) in Lavendar Lace
Wow...this was much easier to just DO than to EXPLAIN! Hopefully, I got it all right and written in a way that makes sense! Enjoy!