This is my 1st try with this technique. It was so much easier than I expected. I used a large piece of acetate and had no mess at all. I also used some scraps of acetate to put a drop of ink on and then used a toothpick to add colors carefully and smeared with my finger. Simple green took all the reinker off my finger. I used elmer's glue for the adhesive. I worked so slow I had to spritz my work with water to keep the glue moist. I also added some pearlex to the glue to start with.
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 GMT Views: 1343
Registered: July 8, 2004 Location: northcentral North Dakota Posts: 102
Tue, Mar 15, 2005 @ 12:29 PM
I stamped the peacock using stazon onto the acetate. Next I smeared elmer's glue on the opposite side of the acetate and sprinkled on gold pearlex and stired it around with my finger. Then I put small drops of the colors of reinkers that I wanted to use on a scrap of acetate and used a toothpick to put tiny spots of color where I wanted it and smeared it around with my finger. When all looked right, I put a piece of scrunched up tissue paper (just plain old walmart white tissue) onto the glue with all the color in it and pressed it down. While I was working with my colors, my glue started to dry so I spritzed it with water to get it wet again. Looking at my photo, it really does look I used mulberry paper, but I didn't. Even the card looks like it. Maybe it had something to do with me using the water on it or something.