I wanted to do another of yesterday's tech so I combined it w/ today's color challenge. This was the image I originally picked to use yesterday, then didn't. I think I should have; I like this one better. I'm not thrilled w/ the sentiment so I'll probably change it out w/ a softer looking one.
The lily was stamped on vellum, flipped over and debossed. I repeated this on small scraps of a whiter vellum for the lily and a green vellum for the leaves. I cut these out and layered onto the original after adding a little color w/ markers on the back side.
I used a brass stencil to do the Battenburg lace pattern around the edges. Then attached it to a rose red panel then to a saffron panel. I used a border punch all around the white layer and added some color w/ a marker. Some dots here and there were added w/ a pink gel pen.
The sentiment has the capitals die cut and used w/ a stamped sentiment. This I'm sure I want to replace. It just looks to hard w/ this image. Needs a softer looking Easter sentiment. TFL
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 2008 GMT Views: 1626
Registered: September 19, 2006 Location: Akron, Ohio Posts: 10240
Tue, Mar 04, 2008 @ 3:31 PM
Look at you go girl!!!! This had to be a lot of work with all the cutting out and repositioning, but it certainly was worth it! This card is gorgeous! Love how you did the lace border too. Fantastic card!