Registered: January 5, 2004 Location: Brooklyn, WI Posts: 5465
Thu, May 06, 2004 @ 10:46 AM
Buds & Blossoms Card Organizer
Stamp Sets: Buds & Blossoms
Retro Alphabet Lower
Cardstock: Only Orange Cover-Cut 6" x 7 3/4"
Pockets-Cut 5 1/2" x 4
Pink Passion Cover-6 3/4" x 5"
Pockets-Cut 5 1/2" x 4"
Ultrasmooth White cardstock (6 each 12 x 12)
Ink Pads: Pink Passion
Other: Roll-A-Bind Punch
Orange Grosgrain Ribbon
1. Score 6 pieces of 12 x 12 Ultrasmooth White card stock at 4 1/4"
2. Then fold each 12 x 12 piece in half so that each scored section makes a pocket.
3. Punch cover and pocket pieces with Rollabind. Tip for using the Roll-A-Bind: You MUST have the pages punched in the EXACT same spot in order for your book to be assembled properly. Use the guide on the punch. Also, if your page is not pushed all the way in and the punch is closer to the edge, you will have to get another piece and do it again because your book will not assemble properly. So take the time to punch it right the first time!
4. Stamp flowers on cover and month pieces. There are a few tricks! Stamp the bright flowers first on the cover. Then stamp off and fill in around the bright flowers. You want to create different tones of flowers so use the inked flower a few times! BE CAREFUL: If you stamp off the page, and then go to stamp the complete image on the paper it will have a line on the stamped image. USe a scrap paper to stamp off and be safe! Also, for the month pieces, I always stamped off first.
5. Stamp "cards" on the cover using Basic Black ink.
6. Tie the orange grosgrain ribbon around the flower cover piece. Attach to the Pink Passion layer. Then attach to the cover piece.
7. Attach month pieces to the Pink Passion and Only Orange card stock pieces. Alternate colors. Start with January and Pink Passion.
8. Attach month layer to pockets.
9. Using the Roll-A-Bind discs, assemble card organizer!
------------------------------ Lana Lepinski
Registered: October 22, 2003 Location: South Central Texas Posts: 30082
Thu, May 06, 2004 @ 10:59 AM
You are so sweet! This is just beautiful, too. Love it, Lana!
------------------------------ Jenn Balcer My Blog
Splitcoast Team Member
Registered: April 29, 2003 Location: Edmond, OK Posts: 19317
Thu, May 06, 2004 @ 11:04 AM
Beautiful Lana. Thanks for taking the time on your daughters birthday.
Registered: January 13, 2004 Location: Issaquah, WA Posts: 2138
Sat, May 08, 2004 @ 9:02 AM
These are just fantastic!! Can you use your roll-a-bind on mat board or is it too thick? Oh I must have one - hopefully I can get my family to give me one for mother's day tomorrow (fingers and toes are crossed) :d