I made this card for my friend, Cindy aka Mothermark.
Now this is MY story.
1. Cindy made me a card in honor of my scrumptious lemon cake that I made for my daughter's birthday..
2. My cake was the victim of ridicule because the icing was all melting off and it didn't look too "purty". I have to admit that I laughed at it until I cried.
3. My friend, Cindy, made a card with a beautiful lopsided cake in honor of my cake. Her card cake looked so much better that my real cake. It was very pretty.
4. I thought this was really sweet because now when I scrapbook the picture of the cake and my daughters birthday, I can also put this lopsided cake card in the scrapbook as well.
5. Cindy, being the sweet person she is, took the time to call me for my address to put on the card so she could mail it to me on her way home from work.
6. She had another envelope to mail to someone else. Needless to say she put my address on the wrong envelope so I have mail that has arrived at my house that actually belongs to the other person.
7. I couldn't resist making this card with the lady kicking the mailbox, looking like she is upset because she just realized she put the wrong address on the envelope she just mailed. I also couldn't resist putting "Goof Ball" on this card as Cindy and I call each other that, all in good fun. The inside of the card says, "What were you thinking?"
Here is the cake card that Cindy made for me: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=80269
Her cake looks 10 times better than the real one.
Date: Saturday, September 1, 2007 GMT Views: 697
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Stamp Like You Mean It
Registered: March 24, 2006 Location: Posts: 38857
Sat, Sep 01, 2007 @ 8:13 AM
LOL! What a great story! Love the gal on your card.
------------------------------ Pat Smethers
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59933
Sat, Sep 01, 2007 @ 8:17 AM
OMG!!! Talk about gettin' even! This is so funny, I cannot even type....okay, where is my cell phone I am just gonna call you! This card was my emotions exactly when I figued out I had mailed the wrong card to you! I was home, when I discovered it and had I had a mail box, I would have kicked it, but instead I kicked Kenny!
He thanks you for that you Smirky Goof Ball!
Okay, the card....it is just incredible and tells the *story* so well! I love it, love it, love it! You are mailing it to me aren't you? Please make sure you aren't a goof ball and get the correct address on it!
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Sat, Sep 01, 2007 @ 8:37 AM
This is awesome!!! I love your frustrated, mailbox kicking lady!! Love the mailbox too!!! How fun to be able to give Cindy a small payback...all in good fun. She is such an instigator, that we're all getting some pleasure out of her faux pas!!!! And for you to make this adorable card as a *gentle* reminder that she can be *gotten* as well, is awesome!! Great story, great card, great payback!!!
Registered: April 20, 2005 Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan Posts: 57687
Sat, Sep 01, 2007 @ 9:02 AM
Shirley, this is HYSTERICAL and so CUTE!! And *goofball* is the perfect adjective to describe Cindy. I think she just gets so many good deeds going on at once that she gets confused sometimes. You know what's really funny? When I went to visit her, she really dresses like this! Bwaa-haaa-haaa-haaa! Do you believe me? PM me on this one and I'll let you know *the rest of the story.*