This is my HOT card. It's for a Monday challenge that I do with a small group of friends. This is my story!
1. August was my month to come up with the ideas for the challenges. This morning I was pretty much thinking *What a stupid idea!* as were some of the other members of the group. Although they won't admit it!
2. The idea was just make a hot card, it can be hot like a summer day, or hot like sexy hot, hot like food hot or any other kind of hot.
3. Here is where I get excited! Effective today (hopefully all the others have loaded their cards already) there is a new rule! Listen up girls!
4. Anyone who makes a card using TWO hot ideas wins a wonderful prize! I win! My chilie peppers are HOT and my chipboard piece under them is HOT. It's another coaster from Red Robin. (Don't look at me like that, I only stole two!)
5. Since I am the winner, I will work really hard to find someone to donate an awesome prize! Whoo Hoo!
6. This reminds me of home because Mom always had ristra's hanging in our home in Taos, New Mexico.
Date: Monday, August 13, 2007 GMT Views: 740
Registered: August 20, 2003 Location: at my table creating Posts: 20736
Mon, Aug 13, 2007 @ 5:56 AM
I think I agree with mom! Hers is HOT!! Bet hers even still smells hot (burnt). Does yours smell 'hot'??? Does it taste 'hot'? Now if it did all that then, yes, I'd say you were the winner! Right now I say you are just grasping at straws since it was such a dumb challenge! lol
Registered: July 5, 2004 Location: downunder in Australia Posts: 36328
Mon, Aug 13, 2007 @ 5:56 AM
ok ok ........... was gonna say something this morning about using hot cardboard and I didn't .... don't think that counts! And my card was up way before any of yours Dawns included ..... I even beat Tosh but only by a little bit me thinks. And if we are speaking twos ..... I have 2 kids who could get really bad sunburn from that sun ... oh and don't forget the crab (can crabs get sunburnt???)
Notice you pick the day that the cheerleader is leaving to make new rules too LOL!!! not sure about you ;)
Now besides all that you sure those are really hot chillies and not the mild variety .... got to check that out .... anyone taste em!
Registered: July 7, 2006 Location: Senoia, GA. Posts: 33241
Mon, Aug 13, 2007 @ 6:17 AM
I don't know but I think it is pretty ingenious. Holding a contest, changing the rules at the last minute and then declaring yourself the winner! lol Love your card, Cindy. The ribbon is perfect! Let us know what you have won!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown
Registered: April 4, 2006 Location: Boxertown USA, IL Posts: 53951
Mon, Aug 13, 2007 @ 6:44 AM
Cute card and I am sure you put something on there to make it smell hot. I have got to say that was a terrific idea for you to name the challenge and the winner. I know Gert must have put you up to it, but even so, weren't we always taught that if we don't believe in ourselves that no one else will either? Therefore you did believe you were the winner and you are. Now there is no rule that says only one of you could think you are the winner, atleast I didn't see one. Therefore I would say, "You are all winners".
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Mon, Aug 13, 2007 @ 8:19 AM
Clever and awesome!!! I never would have come up with this that is for sure....This is one HOT card....oh and btw, mine has 3 on it.....it represents...hot choc., hot tea, and hot coffee!!! I win!! Oh yeah...whatcha gonna send me!! I even said it in my title so you can't accuse me of making it up after the rules!! So will I have something in my mailbox when I get home? *grin*