I made this card in Memory of Tom. I am not sure this is a true tapestry technique card. I left out the stamping part because it was important to get a rainbow in here and stamps really didn't fit in with that plan but all of the other steps were followed on this card. This is my story:
1. This is the first card I have made after my exciting day on Sunday being the Featured Stamper, what a ride! I was on Cloud Nine.
2. Unfortunately I had to make a card for a sad ocassion today.
3. My bosses best friend was diagnosed with cancer in April. It hit him hard and fast. He passed away Saturday morning.
4. Although I had talked to him on the phone on numerous ocassions, I did not know him. I only know that he loved rainbows. This card is in memory of that.
5. Thank you all once again for all of your kind and wonderful comments to me on Sunday! They are so appreciated. It was such an honor and you all made my day very memorable and special! You all rock!
Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 GMT Views: 706
Registered: August 30, 2006 Location: Massachusetts Posts: 49143
Tue, Jul 17, 2007 @ 5:19 AM
what a lovely rainbow card in memory of Tom - love the clouds on top and bottom - the metal frame and all the great ribbons and the strips of color behind - love the little sparkles too that look to me like souls who have gone before! Beautiful!!
Registered: January 7, 2006 Location: Central California Posts: 16783
Tue, Jul 17, 2007 @ 7:52 AM
Oh Cindy, this is gorgeous! Love the soft rainbow!! And you know I love the *Cindy clouds*. Sorry about the loss. That was fast. Even only talking to a person on the phone can help you get to know them sometimes faster than in person. This card is an awesome tribute to him!!!