Here's my first Featured Stamper submission and here is My Story:
1. I looked in my gallery and had 4 cards by mothermark there so had a dilemma as to which one to case.
2. Loved everything about this one by her, so I cased it: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...51041?cat=8007
3. Tried to channel her talent by using natur-ey stamps, Crystal Effects on the little squares at the bottom and took note of the lines at the top and bottom of her card. I used thread and some beads on a string and the world's most underestimated embelishment....magic mesh. Copper of course.
4. Love copper and blue together and attempted to watercolor like kitty...yeah right...I'll keep trying on that one.
5. The background paper is from Creative Memories and they are rocking with their new stuff!
6. Lesson learned: Let the Crystal Effects dry completely before touching it. You can't fix fingerprints in it. I know.
7. Somehow I thought about wishing on a star....the star and wish are backwards and didn't have a stamp that said just that so wysiwyg.
8. Hope you like this mothermark!!
The End. Thank goodness, cuz it took me a long time to glue that fishing line down.
Date: Monday, July 16, 2007 GMT Views: 1296
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59933
Mon, Jul 16, 2007 @ 6:44 AM
Oh Yeah! I can see it now! I do like it Tammy! You did a great job.....I love the strand of beads on the fishing line..and how perfect fishing line goes with your seashell images. It just an adorable card. I am so happy that you chose to do your first FS challenge this week and I am the featured stamper. I feel honored! Thank you for participating, for sharing your wonderful card and for spending time in my gallery! Welcome to the Sunday challenge, you will have fun like we all do! Thanks so much!
Registered: June 10, 2007 Location: BC Posts: 44889
Sat, Jul 21, 2007 @ 1:56 PM
It's really pretty! Love all of the details - the embossing, the turquoise and copper beads - great case! Love your story about letting the crystal effects dry - I hear you! A week ago I was in a hurry and I tried to dry mine with my heat embosser.....just kinda made it fly all over ...lesson learned!!!:) Congrats on your first FS challenge!:)
Registered: December 19, 2006 Location: Office #32, The Towers, GSOLFOT Sockeeland Posts: 1631
Sun, Aug 03, 2008 @ 2:37 PM
I really like this card, and your story to go with it. The genesis of a card can be very interesting, can't it? I love the colour combo, the fish line with the beads, (they remind me of the corks on a fish net) and how it all fits together nicely in a 'theme'.