This is a card I made for a challenge with a group of friends. This is my story!
1. We were supposed to make a birthday card fit for a cheerleader.
2. I don't know why I used these colors other than they are the colors of the CSU Rams college football team here in Colorado.
3. This poor girl's uniform looks like she should be driving for NASCAR, one more stitch of lettering on her uniform and she is gonna have to gain some weight to add a couple of more pleats to work with!
4. Notice she is headless....that is the in-thing right now...the rage in the stamping world! I am so hip!
5. I made this little skirt by basically folding a piece of cardstock like a fan, you know, the little fans you used to make when you were a kid....Then just glued the yellow panels on top making little bridges across the crevices....
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 937
Registered: July 13, 2005 Location: Loving life in PA Posts: 1353
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 5:38 PM
OMG how cute! Look's like a Pittsburgh Steeler cheerleader.
Go Steelers! Can you tell I'm from the Pittsburgh area? You deserve to have a special day. I think you are one of the most inspirational designers on this site. So willing to share your creations with all of us. I toast a glass of wine to you........Phyllis
Registered: April 14, 2005 Location: Plano, TX Posts: 3339
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 5:41 PM
WOWZER! Those pleats are darling! And were in teh world did you come by the font?? Perfect for the Letters!
You amaze me with your fantastic talent and creativity. Oh and black and gold were the colors of my rival school as well. LOL
BTW ... I think Tosha beat you to the upload. You ladies rock!
------------------------------ ~Carole~ My Blog Spot
My husband said it was him or the rubber stamps. I still think about him every now and then. :)
Registered: May 9, 2005 Location: Phoenix, Arizona Posts: 3816
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 6:11 PM
Adorable card! ... and, YES, it's YOUR DAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! You are so very deserving!!! I don't know you personally, Cindy, but from the looks of it on SCS, you are a very popular person. There's obviously many people on SCS who adore you!!!! Enjoy your special day!
Registered: May 18, 2005 Location: Connecticut USA Posts: 35861
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 6:14 PM
rah rah sis boom bah!! GOOOOOOO CINDY! See me jumping up in the air in my craftroom doing a split in the air and touching my toes......(NOT!) but anyway, great card, love your story and way to go on being the FS!!!