1. Do not attempt this at home unless your name is Cindy. Think the only part that resembles her card is the fact it's a birdhouse.
2. This house received numerous code and safety violations from the building inspector and is scheduled for demolition.
3. I put on a cheap roof compared to Cindy's house but like the asphalt shingle look her technique of clear embossing on the CB'd background gives. My house has no brass nails because I am too cheap to let go of my stash.
4. The bird neighbors below have complained about the flower pot sitting precariously close to the edge of the porch with no railing (they are threating to sue if it falls and smashes any of their eggs).
6. The lap siding saved money by using scrap cs.
5. I am sending this to a great niece who could care less about color, composition and design but thinks her auntie makes funny cards!
6. That's my story and I'm sticking to it (unless I'm offered money to change it!)
DISCLAIMER: Any resemblance to the original artist's terrific work is purely coincidental!
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 969
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59993
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 4:30 PM
Judeeay! Judeeay! Judeeay! After reading your fun story I am giggling all the way to the building inspectors office to plea your case. How could this adorable little birdhouse be scheduled for demolition? If he gives me the run around, I am gonna write my congressman, governor, and even the President. And when that doesn't get me anywhere......I am taking it all the way up to Daven! He will do something about it! Your card is that good, that worth saving!
Thank you so much for sharing your time and adorable birdhouse card. I love it! And as for the money part, we can always post a request for that in the Rak forum! Thanks Judy!
Registered: July 17, 2005 Location: Staying inky in eastern Connecticut Posts: 79155
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 4:52 PM
Oh Judy...........this is stinkin fabulous......no building inspector problems that I can see....just an adorable bird peeking out and enjoying the fabulous scenery...........what a wonderful creation....awesome