4. Since my creative-ish mind tends to be fickle about what cards I want to CASE, I choose another card just so I have options.
5. Slept on it, made some oatmeal cherry cookies, then went back on SCS to see the cards and what I could do to change the card in question.
6. Since I loved the green, purples, and yellow all together, I decided that I'd use softer shades: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, and So Saffron.
7. Since I can never get the Basic Black to be waterproof - it always smears under my SU markers; I used Black Stazon to stamp my image and sentiment.
8. I decided that French Script would be a lovely compliment to the script in the background of the image, so it became my card background.
9. I love the sponging that Cindy did on her edges, so I sponged Pale Plum on the edges of the background and So Saffron on the edges of the main image and sentiment. The sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.
10. Since I don't have any really cool charms (at least I don't think so), I skipped that and tied the whole thing with some celery grosgrain.
11. This was a long story, but it was fun! Hope you enjoy my card! :)
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2007 GMT Views: 1314
Registered: March 1, 2006 Location: Lynnfield, MA Posts: 312
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 10:57 AM
Whew! Love all the details! You put as much time into your cards as I do into mine (i.e. a card never takes 45 minutes -- I can have days put into my cards, even though it might not look it! LOL!)!!! You did a beautiful job! jeanne
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59933
Sun, Jul 15, 2007 @ 11:02 AM
I absolutely love your card and I love your story! So what you are saying here is that both of us being Plan B type of gals can take comfort in that we really can complete a card or two! Woot! I got such a kick out of your story and my favorite part was the oatmeal cherry cookies! Where are they, did your family eat them all! Darn, I am the Featured Stamper, they didn't save one for me? So much for pulling rank! You did a wonderful job on this, your sponging is great. Thanks for sharing this day with me!