This is my card for today's sketch challenge. My square is a little too big cuz I could not bring myself to cut away any more of the cowboy image! I think the Challenge Police have the day off anyway! This is my story:
1. This is for my friend Charlene whose husband has always had a soft spot in his heart for the Old West, cowboys, outlaws, and Jesse James. His father's name was Jesse James.
2. Charlene is coming to visit me in August and is leaving her hubby at home. I made this card for her to take back to him as a peace offering for taking her away for a few days.
3. Do you all remember the rope? The rope that I had major issues over with my husband and his photography when I was making cowboy cards some time back? This is the rope! Charlene's hubby should feel honored.
4. After I made this card, I started thinking about Jesse James! OMG! Jesse James would not be caught dead pushing cattle accross the desert! He was an outlaw, a bad dude, wanted by the law! I blew it!
5. Okay, no big deal....this is where the story takes a turn. I made this card from Jesse James' mother's point of view. She always wanted Jesse to be a rancher...if he had been is life would not have been cut so short! Problem solved.
6. Thanks Golly for the cowboy images!
EDIT! See Chrisi1965's comment on page two! Oh yeah.....much better scenario....let's go with that! I like Jesse as a bad, bad man!
Date: Wednesday, July 4, 2007 GMT Views: 2129
Registered: July 5, 2004 Location: downunder in Australia Posts: 36328
Wed, Jul 04, 2007 @ 7:04 AM
wonderful card and I don't think the challenge police will be after you at all - it is perfect as always. Thanks for the bedtime story ;)
Love how you changed the ending to suit your card roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!