1. This weeks limited supply challenge is to make Patriotic cards. We had 2 options.
Option 1 was to use patriotic colors to make a patriotic themed card but not to use
traditional patriotic stamps.
Option 2 was to use patriotic colors and any images but it can't be a patriotic card.
2. I needed to make a card or actually a card front for a book club I belong to - the theme was "Ideas for the Little Ones" in other words a kids card.
3. I decided to go with "option 2" to make use patriotic colors and any image but it wasn't a
4. I wanted to combine the limited supply challenge and make a kids card for #2 above. I also liked the idea of making a card in the colors red, white and blue.
5. I live in Australia - although our flag are the colors of red white & blue these aren't the colors we would consider "Australian colors"
6. Australian colors are - Green & Gold
7. While I was making my pirate card for this challenge, my daughter asked me what I was doing and I explained the limited supply challenge and what the theme was for this week. My daughter said "those aren't Australian colors!" I knew that, but I wanted to use them making a green & gold card wasn't as big of a challenge.
8. To keep everyone happy I decided to make 2 cards for this challenge - my 2nd one is in Australian Colors - Green & Gold.
9. I decided to use my new chicken stamp I got last week as a chicken can be yellow (gold).
10. This chicken for some reason reminds me of my friend Cindy aka Mothermark. Cindy would normally describe her cards in this fashion and for this particular challenge I decided to too. I am sure Cindy won't mind for one time :)
11. I took the card in to show my daughter when I had finished, she said "It's Green & Gold!"
Registered: April 23, 2006 Location: Looking For Teapots! Posts: 59993
Sat, Jun 16, 2007 @ 5:26 PM
1. Are you kidding? I thoroughly enjoyed your story! One time? I think not....I would love to hear the story behind ALL of your cards!
2. I am so impressed that you satisfied all of the requirements on your agenda....Holy cow...so much to think about. If it were me, I would forget the first requirement by the time I figured out the second requirement! Yikes!
3. This card is adorable...I love that little chicken and am happy to have it remind you of me....Love how you colored him. and boy he looks good with that cuttlebuggin!
4. I love that you were determined to please everyone by making two cards...I would be pleased with anything you stamp Frances...I truly would!
5. I also love that your daughter knows whats up, knows what is appropriate in her counry and is holding her mother accountable! LOL!
6. It was fun reading your story!